Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546078 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #3650 on: October 21, 2022, 12:55:45 PM »
I wanted the pro max but it didn't fit in my pocket of the jeans I was wearing and i'm not ready for one of those man purse/satch things.

God damn millennials and their skinny jeans

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: October 21, 2022, 02:27:55 PM »
I wanted the pro max but it didn't fit in my pocket of the jeans I was wearing and i'm not ready for one of those man purse/satch things.

God damn millennials and their skinny jeans

I'm a slim fit man myself.  Mostly wear BR travelers

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: October 21, 2022, 03:43:43 PM »
Swapped it out for the pro to better fit my tiny hands. All is well.

Underrated accessory: matte screen protector? No more annoying fingerprints, my phone is going to look new and not gross 24/7. Downside: slippery to type on but I’m used to it now I think.
underrated accessory- the magsafe wallet thing apple makes

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 29, 2023, 04:57:53 PM »
New phones drop in 2 weeks. Will be revolutionary.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 29, 2023, 05:27:42 PM »
New phones drop in 2 weeks. Will be revolutionary.

Oh yeah? They're going to slap another camera on the back? That would be revolutionary.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 29, 2023, 06:33:31 PM »
Are the new ones going to have no physical charging port? I'll admit every time they make a major change like eliminating 3.5MM jack, face recognition, etc that I always think they are rough ridin' up majorly, and they never do.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 30, 2023, 08:41:29 AM »
Are the new ones going to have no physical charging port? I'll admit every time they make a major change like eliminating 3.5MM jack, face recognition, etc that I always think they are rough ridin' up majorly, and they never do.

I'm not sure they will ever do this since everyone has some sort of case and most wireless chargers work like crap with a case.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 30, 2023, 02:38:50 PM »

I'm not sure they will ever do this since everyone has some sort of case and most wireless chargers work like crap with a case.

Not to mention CarPlay/Android Auto requires a USB connection in like 99% of cars that have it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 30, 2023, 02:56:59 PM »
60% of iphones already have cracked screens, imagine the number if they didn’t allow cases  :eek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 30, 2023, 03:08:32 PM »
It is like 98% more likely that Apple changes the charging port to USB-C than does away with it altogether.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:59 PM »

Not to mention CarPlay/Android Auto requires a USB connection in like 99% of cars that have it.
wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 30, 2023, 05:29:45 PM »

wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wireless CarPlay isn’t as common as you might expect

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3662 on: August 30, 2023, 06:05:50 PM »
Ya. Wireless just hit the last couple of years.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 30, 2023, 07:11:55 PM »
well I had it in my 2018 M2 that was built in 2017 but it’s becoming more common

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3664 on: August 30, 2023, 07:15:32 PM »
well I had it in my 2018 M2 that was built in 2017 but it’s becoming more common
Domestics last couple of years.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 31, 2023, 09:52:03 AM »
Bought a new Bronco Sport and it doesn't have wireless carplay standard.  I think you have to find one with the tech package for it to be wireless.
@mikec2w

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 31, 2023, 10:01:31 AM »
Am I the only one who prefers not to have CarPlay running? I like my gps on my phone, and typically prefer my dash not to be covered in giant screens.

Probably

For reference I drive a 2013 VW CC (6-speed manual) and a 2009 Ford Focus. Both have Bluetooth, which I appreciate. The VW has an unobtrusive touch screen. The Ford has a small screen with lights kind of like an alarm clock.

Both have old school rpm, speedometer etc, and some digital info readouts.

Mrs Nicname drives a new Hyundai Palisade. I can hardly stand to get behind the wheel of that thing, with all the modern features.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:07:26 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 31, 2023, 10:07:45 AM »
Am I the only one who prefers not to have CarPlay running? I like my gps on my phone, and typically prefer my dash not to be covered in giant screens.

Probably

have you considered just riding a horse or, like, a mule? could carry your jug of liquor with XXX written on the side of it while travelling? just a stupid rough ridin' corncob pipe hanging out of your sore covered mouth 24/7? have you considered that?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: August 31, 2023, 10:12:17 AM »

Probably

have you considered just riding a horse or, like, a mule? could carry your jug of liquor with XXX written on the side of it while travelling? just a stupid rough ridin' corncob pipe hanging out of your sore covered mouth 24/7? have you considered that?

I dabbled in corn cob pipin in my youth.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 31, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »
I dabbled in corn cob pipin in my youth.

Confirm'd.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 31, 2023, 10:15:08 AM »
Bought a new Bronco Sport and it doesn't have wireless carplay standard.  I think you have to find one with the tech package for it to be wireless.

I've done absolutely nothing since our bradyfest breakfast and the tips you gave me on what to get.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 31, 2023, 10:16:56 AM »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 31, 2023, 10:28:40 AM »

Probably

For reference I drive a 2013 VW CC (6-speed manual) and a 2009 Ford Focus. Both have Bluetooth, which I appreciate. The VW has an unobtrusive touch screen. The Ford has a small screen with lights kind of like an alarm clock.

Mrs Nicname drives a new Hyundai Palisade. I can hardly stand to get behind the wheel of that thing, with all the modern features.

Ha, Mrs SF is the exact same. Unless it is specifically for GPS, she hates seeing the CarPlay screen. So much so that, I am in her car like 2% of the time and when I'm in there, the wireless CarPlay is hooked to my phone every time. She likes new cars, but wishes they all just had old school knobs and switches. Its rough ridin' weird.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 31, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »

Probably

Ha, Mrs SF is the exact same. Unless it is specifically for GPS, she hates seeing the CarPlay screen. So much so that, I am in her car like 2% of the time and when I'm in there, the wireless CarPlay is hooked to my phone every time. She likes new cars, but wishes they all just had old school knobs and switches. Its rough ridin' weird.

Me and Mrs SF, two peas in a pod.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3674 on: August 31, 2023, 12:12:16 PM »

Probably

I prefer Android Auto over my phone for Nav and Spotify.

Climate control is old school knobs in my 2018 Ford Escape SEL.