Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 545943 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #3225 on: May 20, 2017, 08:26:01 PM »
ok, so iphone forever plan, sprint iphone 2 year plan or buy?

Note: I have never actually sold an old phone and my current one is bricked.

The Big Train

« Reply #3226 on: May 20, 2017, 08:39:25 PM »
ok, so iphone forever plan, sprint iphone 2 year plan or buy?

Note: I have never actually sold an old phone and my current one is bricked.

I have Verizon, but I'm willing to bet the iPhone forever and sprint iPhone 2 year plan are pretty much the same thing.  I have done the 2 year plan the last 3 iPhones I've had, and once you pay half of it off you can trade it in for a new 2 year plan. The cycle continues. 

It's all interest free and you just pay monthly for what the phone costs.  Like I said I don't have Sprint but I would imagine its basically the same thing as what Verizon has.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: June 02, 2017, 07:02:10 PM »
What phone should I get, and where should I buy it? I finally cracked my screen after about a decade of mocking people with cracked screens, so I need to move on this ASAP. Some relevant notes:

-I've had an iPhone before and am not necessarily opposed to having one again, so do not attempt to "sell" me on it.
-I will probably have a device of my choice purchased for me within the next 1.5 years, so this brings those various lease-type arrangements into play.
-I am and will continue to be with Sprint ($30/month unlimited everything because I know a guy).
-Not necessarily opposed to purchasing from secondary markets.

Is this basically just a question of iPhonex v. Samsung Galaxy Sx? If not, what Android devices should I prefer over the GSx and why? Any other tips are appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

The Big Train

« Reply #3228 on: June 02, 2017, 10:54:27 PM »
Most small shitty law firms for recent grads don't buy them phones it's more of a straight talk gig. Honestly I think even an iPhone 4 is too nice for what you would probably use it for.

My advice is search the straight talk cricket used market for a 2011ish phone.  That's more than likely what you'll probably get "bought" for you in 1.5 years so might as well get used to it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 02, 2017, 10:58:25 PM »
Dayum. Spitting hot fire.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 02, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
Most small shitty law firms for recent grads don't buy them phones it's more of a straight talk gig. Honestly I think even an iPhone 4 is too nice for what you would probably use it for.

My advice is search the straight talk cricket used market for a 2011ish phone.  That's more than likely what you'll probably get "bought" for you in 1.5 years so might as well get used to it.

How dare you type at me in such a manner. BTW, you're not going to bait me into divulging which Vault-10 firm I'm working for...

The Big Train

« Reply #3231 on: June 02, 2017, 11:32:03 PM »

How dare you type at me in such a manner. BTW, you're not going to bait me into divulging which Vault-10 firm I'm working for...

I'm not daring or baiting at all.  Honestly I'm just giving you a glimpse into the real world.  All this Webster talk you covfefe people think is against you and honestly it's not.

Harvard class gets all the top jobs.  Some degree from a Texas school after going to a school in KS isn't gonna land you a good gig.

You are getting an iPhone 4, MAYBE, so maybe just buy something nice now with the loan money because you will pay it back eventually.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 02, 2017, 11:46:21 PM »

I'm not daring or baiting at all.  Honestly I'm just giving you a glimpse into the real world.  All this Webster talk you covfefe people think is against you and honestly it's not.

Harvard class gets all the top jobs.  Some degree from a Texas school after going to a school in KS isn't gonna land you a good gig.

You are getting an iPhone 4, MAYBE, so maybe just buy something nice now with the loan money because you will pay it back eventually.

Do you have any advice regarding my phone question, or not? JFC. These IT guys are the worst.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 02, 2017, 11:46:31 PM »
choo, choo...

The Big Train

« Reply #3234 on: June 02, 2017, 11:50:24 PM »

Do you have any advice regarding my phone question, or not? JFC. These IT guys are the worst.

I not only gave you advice, I gave you some life lessons.  What more do you want from me jfc.

The Big Train

« Reply #3235 on: June 02, 2017, 11:54:16 PM »
I was actually looking for some "Thanks" instead of being chastised but Hawk/Horn fans are all the same. Sad.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 03, 2017, 08:24:29 AM »
It's basically gsx v ipx, choose your preference Spracne
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 03, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
Speaking of cellphones, does the govt issue blackberries? I see a lot of them on House of Cards.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 04, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
i just got the Samsung GS8. It's great. Hope that helps.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 04, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
Amazon prime exclusive Moto g5 plus

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3240 on: June 04, 2017, 06:51:35 PM »
Excellent choice but I don't think it works on Sprint. I have G4 Plus on T-Mobile.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:56:51 PM by IPA4Me »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 04, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
Excellent choice but I don't think it works on Sprint. I have G4 Plus on T-Mobile?.

g5 plus is all band gsm/cdma compatible, can work with any carrier including sprint (or Softbank!)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3242 on: June 04, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
Excellent choice but I don't think it works on Sprint. I have G4 Plus on T-Mobile?.

g5 plus is all band gsm/cdma compatible, can work with any carrier including sprint (or Softbank!)
No brainer then. The G Plus phones are great.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 06, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
Maybe this one looks pretty cool?

https://www.essential.com

Titanium and Ceramic...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 06, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
Maybe this one looks pretty cool?

https://www.essential.com

Titanium and Ceramic...

i think it does.  kind of expensive tho and i don't really want to own my phone.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 06, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
The little bump out on the screen for the front camera makes me really angry
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 07, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
i have been sans phone since sunday night, going to pick up the gs8 tonight

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 07, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »
Got the 8+ a couple of weeks ago. You will like this ride.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 07, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
gonna need pics

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 08, 2017, 07:49:25 AM »
Got the 8+ a couple of weeks ago. You will like this ride.

:eek:

btw does the "swipe up or down for all apps" go away after a while?