Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546056 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #2925 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
Add it you goof. Also how often do you type your name
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 30, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
One thing that is driving me crazy about Swype is that it does not recognize my first name. So annoying.

add it to your dictionary

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 30, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »
I got an iPhone 6 because it was only $100 to upgrade.  Oh well.  Good part is I like my wallet case by serna.  Good job by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 30, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
I like my new S6 except for battery life.   woof.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 30, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »

must be something wrong with yours because mine is like forever

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 30, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

must be something wrong with yours because mine is like forever

I can make it until I get home from work most days, but I haven't been taking many photos or using hotspot.      I've read mixed reviews on battery life.    I switched to a black wallpaper and that did seem to help.

The Big Train

« Reply #2931 on: February 12, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »
Guys, don't manually set your iPhone/iPad to January 1, 1970. Like seriously don't do it and if someone says to, don't do it.  I mean I guess if you want to throw your phone in the trash do it, but even then don't do it.

The Big Train

« Reply #2932 on: March 25, 2016, 07:46:11 PM »
I've had my iPhone 6 for over a year and the battery is dying on it. I know it also isn't quite right, like it's not as fast as it should be, and I have to airplane mode it a couple times a day.

Is it worth it to get a 6s when they are coming out in like 6 months?  I mean I could get a 6s and then get a 7, but just seems like a hassle. Thoughts?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 25, 2016, 08:15:42 PM »
I've had my iPhone 6 for over a year and the battery is dying on it. I know it also isn't quite right, like it's not as fast as it should be, and I have to airplane mode it a couple times a day.

Is it worth it to get a 6s when they are coming out in like 6 months?  I mean I could get a 6s and then get a 7, but just seems like a hassle. Thoughts?
If it's less than 1 year old and you haven't tossed it in the drink I'd go to a Genius bar and see what they can do for you.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

The Big Train

« Reply #2934 on: March 25, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »

If it's less than 1 year old and you haven't tossed it in the drink I'd go to a Genius bar and see what they can do for you.

:confused:

I've had my 6 for over a year, the 7 comes out in 6 months.  Are you saying I should get a 6s for 6 months then get a 7 or...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »

Is it worth it to get a 6s when they are coming out in like 6 months?  I mean I could get a 6s and then get a 7, but just seems like a hassle.
Thoughts?

Do you have insurance or warranty?

I had a 6+ for over a year and started having touch screen problems. They sent me a replacement, I had to send the old one back, and the new one (it is certified used) is fine. I paid $0 for this.

Now I'll wait until the 7+ comes in the fall.

The Big Train

« Reply #2936 on: March 25, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »

Is it worth it to get a 6s when they are coming out in like 6 months?  I mean I could get a 6s and then get a 7, but just seems like a hassle.
Thoughts?

I had a 6+ for over a year and started having touch screen problems. They sent me a replacement, I had to send the old one back, and the new one (it is certified used) is fine. I paid $0 for this.

Yeah I have insurance. The issues are minute, but I notice them. So did they send you a refurbished 6+ or a 6s+? My issues seem to be network related, so idk if something is wrong with my wifi adapter or what.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 27, 2016, 12:26:49 AM »

Thoughts?

Yeah I have insurance. The issues are minute, but I notice them. So did they send you a refurbished 6+ or a 6s+? My issues seem to be network related, so idk if something is wrong with my wifi adapter or what.

There is a reason why Apple has boss tech support.  I'd start there for $0 instead of looking at new phones which are only mild upgrades and probably wont be worth the fee to move up.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 27, 2016, 09:02:07 AM »

Thoughts?

It was the same phone, a 6+. Apple support is a good idea to try.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:03 AM »
got the s7 edge, pretty nice

The Big Train

« Reply #2940 on: April 06, 2016, 09:25:01 PM »
The final straw happened.  My phone died with 40% battery left and would not turn on. Plugged it in, had 37% battery.  And also got 2 missed texts from Sunday.

Friday I get the new iPhone :excited:

In Sept/Oct I get the iPhone 7 :excited:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »
sounds like apple is very poor quality
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #2942 on: April 06, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
sounds like apple is very poor quality

I had a very very mean thing typed out, but we are buds  :cheers:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 06, 2016, 10:13:28 PM »
Is the 7 going to change my life?  I sure hope so.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 07, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
i did the iphone forever thing.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 08, 2016, 07:44:32 AM »
The final straw happened.  My phone died with 40% battery left and would not turn on. Plugged it in, had 37% battery.  And also got 2 missed texts from Sunday.

Sounds like it's time to dump that crappy iphone and get a real phone!!

Side note, my Note5 is possibly the best phone i've ever owned. The battery life on it will last a solid two days with heavy usage.

The Big Train

« Reply #2946 on: April 08, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »

Sounds like it's time to dump that crappy iphone and get a real phone!!

Side note, my Note5 is possibly the best phone i've ever owned. The battery life on it will last a solid two days with heavy usage.

I'm dumping this crappy iPhone 6 for the vastly superior iPhone 6S today!  :excited:

I'm glad you finally found a good android phone, it's only taken you 10 years to get a good one

The Big Train

« Reply #2947 on: April 08, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
:excited:

Posted from my iPhone 11 on Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 08, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
This nexus 6p is amazing, I'll never soil my hands with a Samsung product ever again.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
Did I say I got the nexus 5x? It's pretty great