Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546296 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #2725 on: August 07, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »
6+. The bigger screen is better for everything, especially watching video, but also reading, texting, etc. Plus the bigger size of the phone means more battery and better battery life. I have had few problems with the phone being too big. Occasionally it's tough to do stuff with only one hand, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 07, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
thanks FAN

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 10, 2015, 08:21:29 AM »
Cute that iPhone users now have the option.

The Big Train

« Reply #2728 on: August 10, 2015, 08:22:58 AM »
 :gocho:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 10, 2015, 08:26:27 AM »
I am going to get a new phone in September. My carrier is Sprint. Should I get the Galaxy S6 or S6 edge or something else?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:38 AM »
6+. The bigger screen is better for everything, especially watching video, but also reading, texting, etc. Plus the bigger size of the phone means more battery and better battery life. I have had few problems with the phone being too big. Occasionally it's tough to do stuff with only one hand, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
This last time I went with the 6. I am going to upgrade when I can and get the bigger screen as well. I will take advice on which of the new iPhones I should get.

The Big Train

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: August 12, 2015, 09:10:47 AM »
I am going to get a new phone in September. My carrier is Sprint. Should I get the Galaxy S6 or S6 edge or something else?

I like the S6.  The wireless charging feature is money.
@mikec2w

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: August 12, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »

I like the S6.  The wireless charging feature is money.

Does it already come ready for wireless charging or do I have to spend a bunch of extra money for a special backplate or something?

Also, are you bothered that you can't use an SD card for more space and that you can't change the battery?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: August 29, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
Picked up the LG G4 this morning. Really digging the screen on this.

The Big Train

« Reply #2736 on: September 01, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »
surprised nobody has posted this yet

Apple to make (iPhone 6S?) announcement on September 9
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/27/technology/apple-iphone-6s-date/index.html

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
i don't have any battery issues with my 6, can't imagine what you 6+ users are doing with your devices that drive the need for a bigger battery but i'm sure it's something illicit that doesn't need to be discussed here.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: September 02, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
Has anyone tried to upgrade phones on Verizon since the plan change happened? My upgrade is in November and i'm getting nervous...I still want subsidized prices on new phones and to not get switched over to that new plan crap.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 02, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
Has anyone tried to upgrade phones on Verizon since the plan change happened? My upgrade is in November and i'm getting nervous...I still want subsidized prices on new phones and to not get switched over to that new plan crap.

http://fox59.com/2015/08/31/still-have-a-contract-with-verizon-you-can-keep-it-and-pay-more/

The Big Train

« Reply #2740 on: September 02, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
yeah I don't like the new structure, I have had 10GB per month for awhile and the new plan is $20 more for the exact same thing I have now  :flush:

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 03, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »

http://fox59.com/2015/08/31/still-have-a-contract-with-verizon-you-can-keep-it-and-pay-more/

Their new Verizon Plan is actually the same exact price per month I pay now, less data on the new plan than what I have and no subsidized phones. I think i'll stay put on my current plan.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: September 03, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »

Their new Verizon Plan is actually the same exact price per month I pay now, less data on the new plan than what I have and no subsidized phones. I think i'll stay put on my current plan.

Do they still have subsidized phones if you stay on the old plan? (I'm not on Verizon, just wondering.)

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 03, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »

Do they still have subsidized phones if you stay on the old plan? (I'm not on Verizon, just wondering.)

The way that I understand it (and keep in mind that i'm wrong quite a bit on these things) is that as long as you don't change contracts, you're grandfathered into whatever agreement you originally signed with. Since I signed when phones were subsidized, I will be able to continue to upgrade that same way until I change my plan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 03, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »
anyone ever ported their USA phone number to google voice?

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: September 03, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
yeah - my old 2002 Alltel/Verizon cell number goes to google voice and just gets forwarded to my work phone, was pretty simple and like a $20 one time porting fee I think

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »

The way that I understand it (and keep in mind that i'm wrong quite a bit on these things) is that as long as you don't change contracts, you're grandfathered into whatever agreement you originally signed with. Since I signed when phones were subsidized, I will be able to continue to upgrade that same way until I change my plan.

You should really check into this before you wait all the way to November to get an upgrade; and then not be able to get the upgrade.

I waited until September on Sprint because that's when my 2-year contract was up but they don't do the subsidized phones anymore at all. They did just come out with a $15/month "Samsung loyalty credit" if I got a GS6 (which then makes it only $3 per month) which is what I did.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 03, 2015, 10:41:47 AM »
yeah - my old 2002 Alltel/Verizon cell number goes to google voice and just gets forwarded to my work phone, was pretty simple and like a $20 one time porting fee I think

im gonna do that!

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:40 PM »

Tis true. ATT no longer subsidizing phones... You pay your phone off as you go. The way I understand it, you never actually own your phone either.

You should really check into this before you wait all the way to November to get an upgrade; and then not be able to get the upgrade.

I waited until September on Sprint because that's when my 2-year contract was up but they don't do the subsidized phones anymore at all. They did just come out with a $15/month "Samsung loyalty credit" if I got a GS6 (which then makes it only $3 per month) which is what I did.

The Big Train

« Reply #2749 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
 :impatient: