Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 539015 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #450 on: August 19, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
Yeah, don't use task-killers, and you can't do video chat with anyone that doesn't have an EVO.

I believe that Qik is the restriction, not an EVO.  Qik to Qik, not EVO to EVO.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 19, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
Yeah, don't use task-killers, and you can't do video chat with anyone that doesn't have an EVO.

I believe that Qik is the restriction, not an EVO.  Qik to Qik, not EVO to EVO.

Yeah, you're right.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
I'm very confused about the whole don't use task killers situation.  My roommate who has the captivate uses one and it doesn't seem to be messing up his phone.  His phone will start to run slow and he goes to the task manager and it shows like 10-15 apps running.  So he kills them and his phone runs faster.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
Just put my dirty mitts on an epic. Light 'n sexy

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
I'm very confused about the whole don't use task killers situation.  My roommate who has the captivate uses one and it doesn't seem to be messing up his phone.  His phone will start to run slow and he goes to the task manager and it shows like 10-15 apps running.  So he kills them and his phone runs faster.

Basically, the only reason you might need a task killer is if you have downloaded a poorly programmed app.  Which happens, which is why I have a task killer on my phone, I just don't use it very often (like, never).

If you start indiscriminately killing apps, you can cause other kinds of performance issues.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
Just put my dirty mitts on an epic. Light 'n sexy

How'd you pull that off?

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
 store across from OP mall had one in the back for training or whatev

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »
I'm looking at axing my contract with ATT and getting a new phone on a new network.  Here's my question for the experts, if I hopped over to Sprint and grabbed the EVO 4, am I just going to be pissed when a new awesome phone comes out in a month or so?  I mean, I know there will be a new phone that might be slightly better, but are we on the verge of some big ass-kicker phone showing up any time soon?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
I'm looking at axing my contract with ATT and getting a new phone on a new network.  Here's my question for the experts, if I hopped over to Sprint and grabbed the EVO 4, am I just going to be pissed when a new awesome phone comes out in a month or so?  I mean, I know there will be a new phone that might be slightly better, but are we on the verge of some big ass-kicker phone showing up any time soon?

Probably not until like January.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 21, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »

Who cares about potential phones, AT&T is overpriced and shitty.  Sprint has the best plans.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 21, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

Who cares about potential phones, AT&T is overpriced and shitty.  Sprint has the best plans.

Completely agree.  Thats why I've already decided that I'm leaving, just dont know where I'm going yet (though probably Sprint).  If nothing big is out til Jan, I'll make the jump nowish.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

The thing about sprint is, that if you are on an everything plan (which if you get any smart phone you should have), you get a full upgrade every year, rather than every 2 years, so you don't have to worry too much about a new bad ass phone coming out and you not being able to get it.  Plus if you get the EVO or the EPIC, although a better phone may come out, it won't be good enough to make your phone seem outdated.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Droid users
« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »
when is goEMAW gonna get an app.

also on the driod is there anyway you can have your contacts come up with only your phone contacts, it brings up my phone contacts and all my facebook contacts.  I was completely wasted this weekend and called a chick that i haven't talked to in probably 15 years and left her a 3 min voicemail of a convo between me and friends.

what is a good free ringtone app? they all sucks!  Is there anyway to take music from my puter and make it a ringtone? all i can do is play it on the player.

I suck at technology

Offline kazzu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Droid users
« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:55 AM »
On my Droid, I just long-press down on a song and it gives me the option to put it as a ringtone.  :users:

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2010, 04:21:59 AM »
Not having Facebook to begin with helps.  I'd rather keep my personal life personal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:11 AM »
ringdroid app lets you cut audio files and make them into ringtones.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

also on the driod is there anyway you can have your contacts come up with only your phone contacts, it brings up my phone contacts and all my facebook contacts.  I was completely wasted this weekend and called a chick that i haven't talked to in probably 15 years and left her a 3 min voicemail of a convo between me and friends.

what is a good free ringtone app? they all sucks!  Is there anyway to take music from my puter and make it a ringtone? all i can do is play it on the player.

I suck at technology

at the top of your contact list, it will say Contacts: A-Z
below that it should say Contacts: All Contacts   if so, tap there and select Google, and you'll only see your backed up google contacts.

and ringdroid is great for making and assigning ring tones.

Offline Lynch

• Fan
  • KSUftw smells like salty peanuts.
    • View Profile
Droid Phone and cats
« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »
What stations stream K-State sports in a droid friendly format that I could listen to on my phone?

810whb didn't work for me.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Phone and cats
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:54 AM »
I haven't tried it, but I assume you should be able to use the free streaming from kstatesports.com.  Not an app, but I'm sure you can pull up the regular site and use it.

Offline Lynch

• Fan
  • KSUftw smells like salty peanuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
I haven't tried it, but I assume you should be able to use the free streaming from kstatesports.com.  Not an app, but I'm sure you can pull up the regular site and use it.

I'll try that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
another solution would be to delete a chick's number if you haven't talked to them in 15 yrs, dunno maybe dumb idea though :dunno:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »

If you're looking for actual games, the only thing that worked for me last year was to get WunderRadio and then listen to 91.9.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »

I suck at technology

below that it should say Contacts: All Contacts   if so, tap there and select Google, and you'll only see your backed up google contacts.

i figured that out but the next time i open it its back to the full list of contacts

another solution would be to delete a chick's number if you haven't talked to them in 15 yrs, dunno maybe dumb idea though :dunno:

its a facebook contact and for some dumbshitty reason it added all my facebook contacts into my orginal phone contacts..

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »

I suck at technology

i figured that out but the next time i open it its back to the full list of contacts

its a facebook contact and for some dumbshitty reason it added all my facebook contacts into my orginal phone contacts..

another solution would be to defriend a chick if you haven't talked to them in 15 yrs, dunno maybe dumb idea though :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

did facebook begin a new feature of adding peoples phone numbers into their profiles?  the answer is no, they rough ridin' didn't.