Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546208 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #2450 on: April 10, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
Bout time to upgrade the ol' Galaxy S1. How badass is the GS5 supposed to be?
My GS5 shipped today! :woot:

Nice. I preordered at the Sprint store yesterday. Should be in tomorrow!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »

i'm due for an upgrade in july (sprint). my evo 4g lte has been great; what should i do?

iphone 5s or wait for the 6 in like October or whenever

I am I the exact same spot.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 10, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »
Well, not exactly, I can upgrade now, just can't decide whether to wait for the 6.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 10, 2014, 04:38:38 PM »
the 5 screen is just so tiny and narrow

The Big Train

« Reply #2454 on: April 10, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »
the 5 screen is just so tiny and narrow

After having my 5s for awhile I have no idea how I lived with the 4s screen

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 10, 2014, 05:42:54 PM »
I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning!

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 10, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
I've had the HTC M8 for a little over a week now, and it is awesome. I had a HTC One X (initial generation) prior, so it was a significant upgrade in computing power.

The load times are 1/4 as much as they were before if not less...this is both the loading of saved materials (apps) and when DL'ing stuff.

Screen is VERY reactive, I believe it 'set the record' for quickest reaction time of any touch screen device, there is no delay whatsoever

The only issue I have is the most complained about issue, & that is there is a 1/4" black bezel on the bottom of the phone that is visibly nothing other than the HTC logo, so it makes one handed use of reaching the top the screen 1/4" harder...HTC has stated that area is needed internally for hardware, so it was unavoidable.

I'd recommend it though, and I really expected to move to the GS5, but when I used them both side by side @ AT&T store, the S5 didn't stack up in areas referenced above

:Wha:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 10, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »
i don't know how apple people deal with their tiny little screens
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 10, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »

Hey, it's average size. Ok, maybe on the low end of average, but it gets the job done.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 10, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
Just got the G S5.  omg it's amazing. i'm in heaven.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: April 10, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »

Agree. My Nexus 5 is slightly bigger, but it weighs less and the screen is huge compared to it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2014, 06:29:26 AM »

Agree. My Nexus 5 is slightly bigger, but it weighs less and the screen is huge compared to it.
How's the battery life on N5?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2014, 06:53:24 AM »

It will last two whole days with normal use. Pretty standard i guess. It has built in inductive charging, so just get a charging pad and set it on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
Sometimes I feel like I'm right on par with most people on this board especially when it comes to pak'ing, cats, and finding MH370, but then a thread like this reminds me we're so far from alike.

I will intentionally leave non-5s users off of group texts because of their dumb group texting. I'll also have a sigh of disgust when I go to text someone and the screen is green. Grody.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2464 on: April 11, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »

Thank you. I'm still happy with the n4 but ya never know when you will drop your phone in a beer and be shopping.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2465 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Sometimes I feel like I'm right on par with most people on this board especially when it comes to pak'ing, cats, and finding MH370, but then a thread like this reminds me we're so far from alike.

I will intentionally leave non-5s users off of group texts because of their dumb group texting. I'll also have a sigh of disgust when I go to text someone and the screen is green. Grody.
is this code for how great you consider apple ios?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 11, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »

We already knew you were sub-human, no need to admit it.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: May 20, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
After giving Samsung a try, I'm back on the iPhone.  I forgot how much better of a phone the iPhone is until today.
I'll still be using an Android for work.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
let's say you're some canadian guy who has shattered his iphone screen once and had his phone replaced with applecare+. now lets say this same guy went to the pool yesterday and took his phone swimming and the rice trick didn't work and it probably toast. this is the second applecare+ accidental replacement and you only get 2 in 2 years. what now? can he now sign up for the sprint protection plan? just get the 6 when he inevitably trashes this 3rd 5s? THOUGHTS?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 18, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »
let's say you're some canadian guy who has shattered his iphone screen once and had his phone replaced with applecare+. now lets say this same guy went to the pool yesterday and took his phone swimming and the rice trick didn't work and it probably toast. this is the second applecare+ accidental replacement and you only get 2 in 2 years. what now? can he now sign up for the sprint protection plan? just get the 6 when he inevitably trashes this 3rd 5s? THOUGHTS?
Sprint is no help, usually only allow it when you sign up.  They won't even reactivate it on old lines when some eff at a third party un-enrolls you. 

Just applecare it and be done.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
Sprint is no help, usually only allow it when you sign up.  They won't even reactivate it on old lines when some eff at a third party un-enrolls you. 

Just applecare it and be done.

like sign up for applecare again? that's allowed?

The Big Train

« Reply #2471 on: June 18, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »

This Canadian guy probably shouldn't have nice things

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »

How long did your Canadian friend rice his phone?  I've seen some zombie phones come back but it took a long time. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 18, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »

How long did your Canadian friend rice his phone?  I've seen some zombie phones come back but it took a long time.

about 14 hours. doesn't matter now though. he got a brand new replacement for it and is now updating all his software and junk.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 27, 2014, 10:21:23 AM »
Cell phone insiders,

How real is the risk that Sprint gets mumped by a merger with T Mobile?  First, is it likely that they will merge?  Second, if they do, is it really T Mobile buying Sprint and then gutting them?

Also, how mumped is my near-to-Sprint home property value?