Author Topic: 37 FTs  (Read 6788 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
37 FTs
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
Seriously wtf??? I thought we knew how to play Defense.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 37 FTs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
I thought we knew how to play Defense.

Oh?  :confused:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
defense was really good.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
Played pretty good D for most of the game. In the last 5 mins esp. we gave them freebies and it killed our chances. Southwell was stupid, Russell was stupid, Jake was stupid... yeah, lot of dumb fouls late.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »
Players insist on hacking down when trying to block shots. Southwell can't stay on the floor because multiple hacking mistakes.

Offline KSU176

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
It is amazing that this team and coaching staff cannot adjust to the foul calling.  Stupid.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
defense was really good.

stfu. we fouled the entire game, like always.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
defense was really good.

stfu. we fouled the entire game, like always.
yeah. we let gave them points by putting them on the line. points they would not have scored because they were shooting like crap. we went out of our way to lose this rough ridin' game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »
meh.  Defense was fine.  Offense was bad.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
It is amazing that this team and coaching staff cannot adjust to the foul calling.  Stupid.

i get the whole playing aggressive/denying defense thing, but when the refs are calling it close we have to learn how to adjust, especially at the end of the game
I'm purple down

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
meh.  Defense was fine.  Offense was bad.

It was hard for aTm to score, except FTs. 86% FT rate is pretty amazing.

But when we made it a possession game the last 8-9 minutes we wasted a ton of possessions. A ton.

catzacker

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
meh.  Defense was fine.  Offense was bad.

But when we made it a possession game the last 8-9 minutes we wasted a ton of possessions. A ton.

our meltdowns after the 4 minute mark are remarkably consistent.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
meh.  Defense was fine.  Offense was bad.

our meltdowns after the 4 minute mark are remarkably consistent.

This one wasn't nearly as bad b/c at least we played decent defense (one possession game in the last minute) and finished the first half well.  Moral victories and what not, but still.

catzacker

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »
our defense the last 4 minutes consisted of fouling.  In the last 4 minutes, I think A&M scored 15 points, 13 of which were from FT's. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
our defense the last 4 minutes consisted of fouling.  In the last 4 minutes, I think A&M scored 15 points, 13 of which were from FT's. 

4:00 min mark to the 1:00 min mark aTm scored 6 points, 4 on FTs.  It was the last min that they scored 9 after we had to foul.

catzacker

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »

4:00 min mark to the 1:00 min mark aTm scored 6 points, 4 on FTs.  It was the last min that they scored 9 after we had to foul.

the six points without having to do anything but make FT's was kind of a big deal. jmo.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
our defense the last 4 minutes consisted of fouling.  In the last 4 minutes, I think A&M scored 15 points, 13 of which were from FT's.  

4:00 min mark to the 1:00 min mark aTm scored 6 points, 4 on FTs.  It was the last min that they scored 9 after we had to foul.

the six points without having to do anything but make FT's was kind of a big deal. jmo.

Well yeah, but mainly b/c we couldn't make any shots or turned the ball over on offense.  Possession games are possession games, and we are a pretty terrible possession team.  I wasn't expecting to hold them scoreless the last 4 minutes of the game (2 points per minute is managable) and if you have to do that you are pretty much going to lose every time.  Sometime a player has to make a play offensively, and no one would do that the last 4 minutes, really the last 8 minutes.  Consider the player that made the most plays the last 5 minutes offensively was Will Spradling with a drive and lay-up and a 3 after the offensive rebound.  In fact, after Jake's lay-up at the 9:44 mark to cut it to 1 (off a Sprads assist FWIW), those were the only two made shots the rest of the game until Jake's garbage 3.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:52:44 PM by ksu_FAN »

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00:31 PM »
our defense the last 4 minutes consisted of fouling.  In the last 4 minutes, I think A&M scored 15 points, 13 of which were from FT's.  

4:00 min mark to the 1:00 min mark aTm scored 6 points, 4 on FTs.  It was the last min that they scored 9 after we had to foul.

Well yeah, but mainly b/c we couldn't make any shots or turned the ball over on offense.  Possession games are possession games, and we are a pretty terrible possession team.  I wasn't expecting to hold them scoreless the last 4 minutes of the game (2 points per minute is managable) and if you have to do that you are pretty much going to lose every time.  Sometime a player has to make a play offensively, and no one would do that the last 4 minutes, really the last 8 minutes.  Consider the player that made the most plays the last 5 minutes offensively was Will Spradling with a drive and lay-up and a 3 after the offensive rebound.  In fact, after Jake's lay-up at the 9:44 mark to cut it to 1 (off a Sprads assist FWIW), those were the only two made shots the rest of the game until Jake's garbage 3.

Good points. Also, I have been very frustrated with the way this team has failed to capitalize on opportunities in a game. There are numerous times when we've been playing reasonably well and the score is close, or we've established a lead, and then we simply destroy the momentum with stupid stupid plays.

Today in the 1st half we were down 20-24 and A&M had 3 straight turnovers. After the first t/o, Pullen ran downcourt and launched a hurried, contested 3 which, of course missed. On the second possession, he tried to drive to the bucket, and the defender got an easy block. Off the third t/o, Sprads traveled or threw it away, and we gave the ball back. Just an example of how we should have gained momentum and totally were unable to capitalize. It's really  :chainsaw: after a while.

catzacker

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 05:03:42 PM »

so, like, ...our meltdowns after the 4 minute mark are remarkably consistent.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »
The problem is Frank's first the teams used to find ways to win these almost half the time. This tom team hasn't done that. Its hard to get used to because it seems uncharacteristic based on three years of Frankball.

catzacker

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »
probably something to get used to.  the team full of players that aren't reacting at all to anything frank does is returning.  and then add in a freshman pg and two mediocre bigs, one of which makes JHR look like manny dies.

Offline NXL

• Really Terrible Poster
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • "A whole lot of places ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »
The problem is Frank's first the teams used to find ways to win these almost half the time. This tom team hasn't done that. Its hard to get used to because it seems uncharacteristic based on three years of Frankball.

So what do you think?  Have the guys settled in and said, "Aw, Frank's glare ain't no big deal" and stopped taking him seriously as a coach?

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »

So what do you think?  Have the guys settled in and said, "Aw, Frank's glare ain't no big deal" and stopped taking him seriously as a coach?

first and foremost, those players aren't talented enough.  after that, I think they are sick of getting frank'd in and out of the lineup and see the inconsistency in how he does it for the bullsh*t it really is.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »

So what do you think?  Have the guys settled in and said, "Aw, Frank's glare ain't no big deal" and stopped taking him seriously as a coach?

I think this team  has created a lot of its own problems. I'm not ready to give up on Frank or what will be coming back yet.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »

lol.  fans are hilarious.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."