Author Topic: the argument for mike leach right now  (Read 79744 times)

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Re: the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »

That's some cute irrelevant bullshit.  How does this make Mike Leach* a bad hire for KSU?

*top 20 rankings, five of his last six seasons

We need a defense.  Must have.  Leach does not bring that.  At all.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »

That's some cute irrelevant bullshit.  How does this make Mike Leach* a bad hire for KSU?

We need change to make that happen.  Bill isn't buying any change.

Mike is change.  He will bring in a mostly new staff.  Gotta like the odds that said staff will have a better DC than Cosh. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »

I honestly don't give two shits how we finish in the top twenty 5 of 6 years.  If we win 10 games a year by the score of 50-49, sign me the eff up.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

I honestly don't give two shits how we finish in the top twenty 5 of 6 years.  If we win 10 games a year by the score of 50-49, sign me the eff up.

I prefer to have a team that can step on the field and compete with anybody.  Teams that give up 30+ ppg to regular teams get the absolute crap kicked out of them when they line up against the best (Auburn or Oregon this year.)  If you have a defense, you have a chance. 

How can you watch Syracuse walk down the field on every single drive and not be infuriated?  I can't take it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
First off, Ira, if U.S. News or any other academic accreditation and ranking entity calls you up and asks about K-State, you are to disavow all knowledge of the school.   If you don't, say goodbye to our tenuous hold as a Tier 1 school, and likely multiple accreditations will soon follow.

2009 Texas Tech Total Defense Rank 49th.   Scoring Defense 41st

2008 Texas Tech Total Defense 79  Scoring Defense 74th

2007  Texas Tech Total Defense 45th Scoring Defense 49th

2006  Texas Tech Total Defense 58th Scoring Defense 76th

2005  Texas Tech Total Defense 30th Scoring Defense 18th

Avg Total Defense Rank: 52   Avg Scoring Defense Rank: 51

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

I prefer to have a team that can step on the field and compete with anybody.  Teams that give up 30+ ppg to regular teams get the absolute crap kicked out of them when they line up against the best (Auburn or Oregon this year.)  If you have a defense, you have a chance. 

How can you watch Syracuse walk down the field on every single drive and not be infuriated?  I can't take it.

The Syracuse game wouldn't have infuriated me if we won by 30 like Mike Leach's team would have done.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »
Too bad Kirk Ferentz has so many NFL ties.

If he gets canned, would be a great get for KSU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »

That's some cute irrelevant bullshit.  How does this make Mike Leach* a bad hire for KSU?

We need a defense.  Must have.  Leach does not bring that.  At all.

I honestly don't give two shits how we finish in the top twenty 5 of 6 years.  If we win 10 games a year by the score of 50-49, sign me the eff up.

I prefer to have a team that can step on the field and compete with anybody.  Teams that give up 30+ ppg to regular teams get the absolute crap kicked out of them when they line up against the best (Auburn or Oregon this year.)  If you have a defense, you have a chance.  

How can you watch Syracuse walk down the field on every single drive and not be infuriated?  I can't take it.

I would prefer to play in the National Title game every year, and I won't accept any coach unless they guarantee that type of success. Until we find that coach, I'll stick with Snyder, thank you very much.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:08 PM »
Cannot imagine how elite it would be to get to an NC game and have Auburn or Oregon kick the crap out of it.  Would be fantastic.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »
Cannot imagine how elite it would be to get to an NC game and have Auburn or Oregon kick the crap out of it.  Would be fantastic.

The run to get there . . . epic.   Like the Old Ball Coach always says, winning the conference is the goal, everything else has a high degree of uncertainty. 

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
First off, Ira, if U.S. News or any other academic accreditation and ranking entity calls you up and asks about K-State, you are to disavow all knowledge of the school.   If you don't, say goodbye to our tenuous hold as a Tier 1 school, and likely multiple accreditations will soon follow.

2009 Texas Tech Total Defense Rank 49th.   Scoring Defense 41st

2008 Texas Tech Total Defense 79  Scoring Defense 74th

2007  Texas Tech Total Defense 45th Scoring Defense 49th

2006  Texas Tech Total Defense 58th Scoring Defense 76th

2005  Texas Tech Total Defense 30th Scoring Defense 18th

Avg Total Defense Rank: 52   Avg Scoring Defense Rank: 51

My elite "Tier 1" education tells me that the 50th best defense in the country is worse than 49 other schools.

My elite "Tier 1" research skills reveal that TCU had the best defense this year and they lost zero games.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »

Don't need to go to the NC game to get that wonderful feeling of getting the crap kicked out of you.  Texas and OU. Every year. Fantastic.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Cannot imagine how elite it would be to get to an NC game and have Auburn or Oregon kick the crap out of it.  Would be fantastic.

Don't need to go to the NC game to get that wonderful feeling of getting the crap kicked out of you.  Texas and OU. Every year. Fantastic.

Would love to go 10-2 every year.  Would be elite.  They would have to rename the cotton bowl after Mike.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »

That's some cute irrelevant bullshit.  How does this make Mike Leach* a bad hire for KSU?

I honestly don't give two shits how we finish in the top twenty 5 of 6 years.  If we win 10 games a year by the score of 50-49, sign me the eff up.

I prefer to have a team that can step on the field and compete with anybody.  Teams that give up 30+ ppg to regular teams get the absolute crap kicked out of them when they line up against the best (Auburn or Oregon this year.)  If you have a defense, you have a chance.  

How can you watch Syracuse walk down the field on every single drive and not be infuriated?  I can't take it.

I would prefer to play in the National Title game every year, and I won't accept any coach unless they guarantee that type of success. Until we find that coach, I'll stick with Snyder, thank you very much.

smartass.  You asked for an argument against Mike Leach.  I gave you one.  Suck it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »
First off, Ira, if U.S. News or any other academic accreditation and ranking entity calls you up and asks about K-State, you are to disavow all knowledge of the school.   If you don't, say goodbye to our tenuous hold as a Tier 1 school, and likely multiple accreditations will soon follow.

2009 Texas Tech Total Defense Rank 49th.   Scoring Defense 41st

2008 Texas Tech Total Defense 79  Scoring Defense 74th

2007  Texas Tech Total Defense 45th Scoring Defense 49th

2006  Texas Tech Total Defense 58th Scoring Defense 76th

2005  Texas Tech Total Defense 30th Scoring Defense 18th

Avg Total Defense Rank: 52   Avg Scoring Defense Rank: 51

My elite "Tier 1" education tells me that the 50th best defense in the country is worse than 49 other schools.

My elite "Tier 1" research skills reveal that TCU had the best defense this year and they lost zero games.

How did Auburn's defense rank?

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
First off, Ira, if U.S. News or any other academic accreditation and ranking entity calls you up and asks about K-State, you are to disavow all knowledge of the school.   If you don't, say goodbye to our tenuous hold as a Tier 1 school, and likely multiple accreditations will soon follow.

Don't have that stat in front of me, but Auburn's 265yds passing and 254yds rushing sure beat the crap out of Oregon's Mike Leachish 374yds passing and 75yds rushing didn't they?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »

Don't have that stat in front of me, but Auburn's 265yds passing and 254yds rushing sure beat the crap out of Oregon's Mike Leachish 374yds passing and 75yds rushing didn't they?
Game was decided by a last second field goal...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

smartass.  You asked for an argument against Mike Leach.  I gave you one.  Suck it.

No, here's what I asked for:

I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

Nothing you mentioned is an argument for Snyder over Leach.  You're just making an argument for a National-Title caliber coach over Leach.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »

That's some cute irrelevant bullcac.  How does this make Mike Leach* a bad hire for KSU?

I honestly don't give two cacs how we finish in the top twenty 5 of 6 years.  If we win 10 games a year by the score of 50-49, sign me the eff up.

I prefer to have a team that can step on the field and compete with anybody.  Teams that give up 30+ ppg to regular teams get the absolute cac kicked out of them when they line up against the best (Auburn or Oregon this year.)  If you have a defense, you have a chance. 

smartass.  You asked for an argument against Mike Leach.  I gave you one.  Suck it.

No, here's what I asked for:

I'd like someone to explain why Snyder is a better option than Leach at this point.  I'd just like to hear one real goddam reason.  I don't think it's possible.

Nothing you mentioned is an argument for Snyder over Leach.  You're just making an argument for a National-Title caliber coach over Leach.

Nobody on this earth can make the argument that snyder is a better option than leach.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »

Nothing you mentioned is an argument for Snyder over Leach.  You're just making an argument for a National-Title caliber coach over Leach.

I'm making an argument that Leach is not better than Snyder.  I can't bring myself to go all the way and argue that Snyder is better than Leach so I guess you win.

The only thing about Snyder that is better than Leach is that Snyder is older so he gives us a better chance of making a change sooner rather than later.  Hire Leach and we're stuck with no defense for at least another 4-5 years.  Probably longer.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:53:29 PM by Ira Hayes »

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »

Nothing you mentioned is an argument for Snyder over Leach.  You're just making an argument for a National-Title caliber coach over Leach.

I'm making an argument that Leach is not better than Snyder.  I can't bring myself to go all the way and argue that Snyder is better than Leach so I guess you win.

The only thing about Snyder that is better than Leach is that Snyder is older so he gives us a better chance of making a change sooner rather than later.  Hire Leach and we're stuck with no defense for at least another 4-5 years.  Probably longer.

his defenses did a pretty good job of fist effing snyders offenses.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »
Jesus, how hard is it to understand that when your offense scores quickly, you don't run the ball, and you don't punt, the defense will give up more points? Tech beat either Texas or OU just about as often as they lost to both. They just never beat both in the same season. It doesn't matter if you give up 30 points per game if your offense averages 40. Tech's defenses were really good, especially with McNeil.

We will at best win 5-6 games next season. There is no way in hell Texas Tech under Mike Leach would win less than 8 games next season.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »

My elite mind tells me that averaging 50th in the country, is a hell of a lot better than at or near dead rough ridin' last.    That's better than nearly 70 D1 schools . . . and as Cire said, here's K-State under LHC Bill Snyder's "prolific" offensive output vs Texas Tech and Mike Leach: 28, 19, 25, 20, 14.   Snyder vs Leach: 1-4.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »
ESPN' Ubben:

Iowa State's coaching clinic is set for this weekend, and you may recognize the keynote speaker on Friday night: Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach.

:ohno:  we might be waiting too long.

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »
richrod working at ou, leach working at iowa state

jfc, bill, die already.