Author Topic: the argument for mike leach right now  (Read 79747 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »
Vanier could easily be turned into a purple pirate ship
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
the argument for mike leach right now
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
Everyone should read the new Leach article on The Athletic if you have a subscription

https://theathletic.com/1138379/2019/08/15/what-the-is-going-on-right-now-inside-mike-leachs-qb-meetings/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:29:43 AM by 8manpick »
:adios:

Offline RubberBandCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2019, 10:25:28 AM »
The Washington State Hard Knocks show that HBO is doing will be incredible.  I like how they essentially picked Mike Leach over Alabama and Penn State.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
Who doesn't hate rough ridin' squirrels?  :curse:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2019, 03:15:00 PM »
Everyone should read the new Leach article on The Athletic if you have a subscription

https://theathletic.com/1138379/2019/08/15/what-the-is-going-on-right-now-inside-mike-leachs-qb-meetings/

That is so enjoyable.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2019, 01:44:50 AM »
How good would we be right now and how fun would things be and how sold out would the stadium be if we would’ve hired him back then?

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2019, 03:37:23 AM »
Mikey could not take HOFCBS's players and make them a winning team.

Mikey needs a completely different skill set and ou, Tex-AZZ, Okie-St, and most of the BIG 12 has already got most of those boys locked up.

HCCK knows what KSU requires, following in HOFHCBS's footsteps. Only AZZ-Hats would try what the other BIG12 teams are trying to do.
HUNH will not work at KSU. HOFHCBS proved that for nearly 3 Decades.

HUNH only worked at UK for one season when UK didn't have to play 3/4 of best of BIG 12.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
Mikey could not take HOFCBS's players and make them a winning team.

Mikey needs a completely different skill set and ou, Tex-AZZ, Okie-St, and most of the BIG 12 has already got most of those boys locked up.

HCCK knows what KSU requires, following in HOFHCBS's footsteps. Only AZZ-Hats would try what the other BIG12 teams are trying to do.
HUNH will not work at KSU. HOFHCBS proved that for nearly 3 Decades.

HUNH only worked at UK for one season when UK didn't have to play 3/4 of best of BIG 12.

Just one ?; WITF is UK?  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2019, 06:14:17 PM »
this crap was funny when it was zany that a college coach would say/do the things that leach says

now it’s not because he’s just morphed into a media/attention grabbing character that says stupid crap in an effort to get the pac 12 media pool laughing

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »
DO THE JAYHAWK, MIKE!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
this crap was funny when it was zany that a college coach would say/do the things that leach says

now it’s not because he’s just morphed into a media/attention grabbing character that says stupid crap in an effort to get the pac 12 media pool laughing

what I thought was funniest is that I didn't hear any laughter. may have been edited out but I loved the idea of self-important sportswriter idiots tapping their toes and looking at their watches as Leach spends all his allotted media availability time wondering if a Ute has traded for a rifle instead of giving them a deeper analysis of the defensive line depth chart.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

what I thought was funniest is that I didn't hear any laughter. may have been edited out but I loved the idea of self-important sportswriter idiots tapping their toes and looking at their watches as Leach spends all his allotted media availability time wondering if a Ute has traded for a rifle instead of giving them a deeper analysis of the defensive line depth chart.

This right here.

Just read the Athletic article on his QB meetings and I would love to sit next to Leach at a bar for 5 hours and go back and forth with him on random topics and just let him talk.

Anyway to set this up as an auction item at FattyFest?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »

It's what OBz did but with boring ass kansas mentors stories.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2019, 07:47:48 PM »

Yeah but pissclams shut up.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »

This right here.

Just read the Athletic article on his QB meetings and I would love to sit next to Leach at a bar for 5 hours and go back and forth with him on random topics and just let him talk.

Anyway to set this up as an auction item at FattyFest?

Just watch a game with clams.

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2019, 01:32:01 AM »
Leach blows a 32 point lead in second half to UCLA.  They call that "couging it" out here.  And i am a big Cougar fan.... not so much a Leach fan... no defense..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:44:08 AM by zackole1 »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »
Leach blows a 32 point lead in second half to UCLA.  They call that "couging it" out here.  And i am a big Cougar fan.... not so much a Leach fan... no defense..
Yikes, giving up 67 points to moribund UCLA program ought to put a stake in this tread.

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2019, 03:53:57 AM »
EMAWzifried
Quote from: zackole1 on September 22, 2019, 01:32:01 AM

Leach will always be a 2nd/3rd tier coach. He is completely incapable of understanding the value/concept of Defense.

Hell of a BasquetteBalle Coach though.

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2019, 12:14:34 PM »
From Friday. Pretty brutal.

Leach does not really have interesting or informed opinions on many things, but he does benefit from expectations so low that him blinking a lot before talking about the many raccoons that I have seen before, both in my youth and then also more recently really does qualify as classic folksy storytelling.
Why would Mike Leach or anyone else answer a question about paying athletes with a monologue like this? For the same boring and immediately obvious reason that homelessness, and especially homelessness in California, has recently become a fixation for Donald Trump, which is that he saw it on TV.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1175111569417670657

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »
yup

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »
 That David Roth guy sounds like a pussy.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.