Author Topic: Somedays I want to punch retards square in the face.  (Read 24780 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: Somedays I want to punch retards square in the face.
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
what if patterson has a robot computer type chip embedded in him that does not allow him to leave the dfw metroplex for more than 127 hours at a time or he explodes?

I liked all of your posts until this one.

It seems to me many of the posters (also humans) make this a black and white issue on why coaches don't take jobs. That's all I was responding to. And head coaches are much more paranoid and have much larger egos than your average human.

Egos the size of skyscrapers.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
He has a Rose Bowl ring to prove it.

And now Fitz has a Fiesta Bowl ring to prove stuff too.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
so coaches (humans) take or sometimes don't take jobs based on mulitple reasons, which may happen to include some that are not easily understood by people who are not them. really fantastic stuff here. tell me more.

It seems to me many of the posters (also humans) make this a black and white issue on why coaches don't take jobs.

totally agree. it's never quite as simple as "job a is better than job b" or "coach a is loyal to school a".

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
Everybody here fully understands all the dynamics of hiring or not hiring the coaches . . . that's why the non tard people on this board fully understand that a "It's Patterson" situation can completely screw up the dynamics of a deal.

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »
Fitz gets a Fiesta Bowl ring, but when another media member was physically assaulted by Weef on the sideline at A&M in 08, all he got was some purple-tipped roses.

Doesn't seem fair.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:58:11 PM by Levi »

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
He has a Rose Bowl ring to prove it.

And now Fitz has a Fiesta Bowl ring to prove stuff too.

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
Fitz gets a Fiesta Bowl ring, but when another media member was physically assaulted by Weef on the sideline at A&M in 07, all he got was some purple-tipped roses.

Doesn't seem fair.

Go on...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
Fitz gets a Fiesta Bowl ring, but when another media member was physically assaulted by Weef on the sideline at A&M in 07, all he got was some purple-tipped roses.

Doesn't seem fair.

So we not only played in the Fiesta Bowl, but played at A&M in '07? Wow, I'm learning all kinds of new info in this thread.

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

Doesn't seem fair.

So we not only played in the Fiesta Bowl, but played at A&M in '07? Wow, I'm learning all kinds of new info in this thread.

08. My fault. FMP.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

Doesn't seem fair.

08. My fault. FMP.

Fix it to add the part where you tell us the whole story.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »

Doesn't seem fair.

08. My fault. FMP.

Fix it to add the part where you tell us the whole story.

Levi, if I were you, I would try to get Wefald to bribe me with his Cotton Bowl ring to keep this story quiet, then I would smack Ruth Anne right in the mouth for good measure.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:45 PM »
Heard Wefald was some kind of Golden Gloves wiz kid back in the day.  He taught those media boys a lesson at A&M and you'll never hear the story until he's dead.

Wefald:  :adored:

Media:  :cheese: <-- with a few of the roses that people threw down to Weefs from the stands instead of cheese.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
...at least he didn't fire Eustachy...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
During his tenure he also presided over the worst 20 year stretch of K-State basketball in the history of our school as his neglect and abandonment of our once proud program for Snyder's football team left us on life support until Huggin's arrival.  And of course good ol' Dr. Jon, in typical Dr. Jon fashion will be quick to take all the credit for hiring Huggins and just as quick to absolve himself of all responsibility for the Altman, Asbsury, and Wooldrdidge eras that almost killed men's basketball here.

You know, as Jon re-writes his history, I hope he recalls that proud period of time as well.

Asbury was an absolute homerun hire at the time.  As a matter of fact Asbury taking the KSU job wrecked his career a hell of a lot more than Asbury's tenure wrecking KSU basketball.    He could have found a much better job than the one he took.  At the time the job here looked much better than it was, because the past history wasn't very far in the past.  People like to put the demise of the basketball program at the feet of Wefald, but the fact is EVERYONE gave up on KSU basketball; Wefald, the AD, the old people boosters like Dax, everybody.  People neglected basketball for football because it was something that we had over KU.  We had no shot at being better at basketball, but we did at football.  It started before Asbury arrived, the death knell for Kansas State University's interest in basketball came on October 25, 1995.

Asbury was a much better coach than K-State was a program and it was pretty stupid of both parties to have a coach come from Malibu, CA to Manhattan, KS in 1994.  Manhattan in 1994 was VERY SHITTY.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2011, 07:31:44 AM »
I'm old, but you're talking about Manhattan and K-State from 15-16 years ago as if it were just yesterday and you were an adult there to witness all of it?

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »
During his tenure he also presided over the worst 20 year stretch of K-State basketball in the history of our school as his neglect and abandonment of our once proud program for Snyder's football team left us on life support until Huggin's arrival.  And of course good ol' Dr. Jon, in typical Dr. Jon fashion will be quick to take all the credit for hiring Huggins and just as quick to absolve himself of all responsibility for the Altman, Asbsury, and Wooldrdidge eras that almost killed men's basketball here.

You know, as Jon re-writes his history, I hope he recalls that proud period of time as well.

Asbury was an absolute homerun hire at the time.  As a matter of fact Asbury taking the KSU job wrecked his career a hell of a lot more than Asbury's tenure wrecking KSU basketball.    He could have found a much better job than the one he took.  At the time the job here looked much better than it was, because the past history wasn't very far in the past.  People like to put the demise of the basketball program at the feet of Wefald, but the fact is EVERYONE gave up on KSU basketball; Wefald, the AD, the old people boosters like Dax, everybody.  People neglected basketball for football because it was something that we had over KU.  We had no shot at being better at basketball, but we did at football.  It started before Asbury arrived, the death knell for Kansas State University's interest in basketball came on October 25, 1995.

Asbury was a much better coach than K-State was a program and it was pretty stupid of both parties to have a coach come from Malibu, CA to Manhattan, KS in 1994.  Manhattan in 1994 was VERY cacTY.

i disagree w/ some of this. asbury was basically doug christie and an overtime game at ku before he got to kstate. nothing more. his post ksu success and lack of it coupled with the fact that he sold real estate a good part of the time should tell you that. yes basketball was neglected, but it's kind of a chicken/egg thing. did we suck because it was neglected or was it neglected because we sucked. probably a little bit of both and asbury was squarely in the middle of it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:45:43 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »
Asbury wasn't half the basketball hire fuckup that Dana Altman was.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
No coaching search when Altman was hired, just Steve Miller making a phone call. 

Asbury was the 2nd choice, Tubby Smith was the first choice.   

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
A little light reading... :gocho:

Cash for Coverage: The Unreported Dark Side of Journalism

In sharp contrast to journalism’s essential role to inform the public about corruption, there is a sad reality that some journalists and news outlets are willing to accept bribes or even extort money to determine what they choose to cover and how they will present it to their audiences.

http://www.america.gov/st/democracyhr-english/2010/October/20101006103053nehpets0.5010645.html#

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
A little light reading... :gocho:

Cash for Coverage: The Unreported Dark Side of Journalism

In sharp contrast to journalism’s essential role to inform the public about corruption, there is a sad reality that some journalists and news outlets are willing to accept bribes or even extort money to determine what they choose to cover and how they will present it to their audiences.

http://www.america.gov/st/democracyhr-english/2010/October/20101006103053nehpets0.5010645.html#

It takes a special type of journalist to go ahead and tell all of his readers what the bribe was.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
Asbury wasn't half the basketball hire fuckup that Dana Altman was.

I still remember my dad telling me "the only reason the other coaches voted Altman as coach of the year is so we'd feel obliged to keep him."
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
Asbury wasn't half the basketball hire effup that Dana Altman was.

Asbury was easily the most sound hire out of the Mustache/Asbury/Neckbrace trio.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
Asbury wasn't half the basketball hire effup that Dana Altman was.

Asbury was easily the most sound hire out of the Mustache/Asbury/Neckbrace trio.

This.  At least he had coached a team into the NCAA tournament.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
Agree that Asbury was a better hire on paper, but Altman supposedly had a good record as a recruiter.  Mitch Richmond and all that.   :dunno:

Oddly enough, if I'm recalling correctly, Altman was known as the anti-SLTH when he got to KSU: the guy who could bring in talent, he just couldn't coach it up.

"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
Agree that Asbury was a better hire on paper, but Altman supposedly had a good record as a recruiter.  Mitch Richmond and all that.   :dunno:

Oddly enough, if I'm recalling correctly, Altman was known as the anti-SLTH when he got to KSU: the guy who could bring in talent, he just couldn't coach it up.

yeah. i am with you. asbury was basically hiring mark fox and that wasn't/isn't what kstate needs/needed. i don't/didn't hate the altman hire at the time and he brought in players that asbury could only dream of. gaylon nickerson immediately comes to mind. that said, it wasn't working and he needed to go.

in terms of most favorite to least favorite hire, i would go...altman, asbury, woolridge. woolridge was basically giving up and saying "hey. let's just try and be a mediocre team w/ a head coach that doesn't embarrass us."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:51:01 PM by Rick Daris »