Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171029 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #700 on: March 17, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »
i'm not really sympathetic to any argument that results in irving getting more minutes.  if spradling is incapable of playing, then the line of succession should skip a generation, like with prince charles and his kid, and go to directly to jones.

I can live with that.

if dpete could've done whatever he needed to do to stick around and get minutes, then jesus huh? fifteen minutes a game for him this year would be fun, no? also, i wouldn't call for irving to get more minutes, but equal or close to will? sure. why not?

heck, jeuvol could have helped. I kind of addressed your second question in my last post. With 3 decent offensive weapons on the court, defense and lack of mistakes may be more important than another offensive weapon. You never see Will on the court without Angel or Tay and Tay on the court without Will or Angel. Not sure if that means anything but it's getting kind of late so whatever.

My retrospective hope is that 95 would have been at least a decent defender with a full year of dealing with Frank's expectations.  I still have no need for him catching the ball dropping his head like a middle schooler and then pounding the damn thing into the ground like a human jack hammer.

We have four guards who couldn't stop the Wichita goEMAWers from scoring right now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 17, 2012, 01:23:06 AM »
I see your frustration, but if Will did nothing more than he does now except shot 35% from 3 and hit a runner or 2 a game, I think it's a fine role to have. And since Will isn't THAT far from that, Frank just rolls with it 35 minutes a game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #702 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:54 AM »

For a kid with shot nerves that's a lot to ask.

Zomg will's broken forever! :runaway:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #703 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:04 AM »
I don't want to be lumped into the group of people who don't like Will because he hasn't had a Brady Heslip like game.  I'm pissed because we have to have an entire position on the floor who must play a low risk-low reward role.  He's the LuCo of this team if LuCo was a fragile infant.

I don't want it to seem like I'm demanding Scott Christopherson or Heslip, either.  And if Angel is going to take the bulk of the scoring from the guard position going forward, great.  So be it.

But you can't have a combo guard out on the floor for 30+ minutes that can't shoot, can't dribble penetrate, can't throw basic entry passes, can't lead a break, and plays average defense.  Ten or fifteen minutes when you're trying to slow a game down and/or protect a lead?  Cool.  Have guys in foul trouble?  Cool.  It's good to have a guy in the bullpen that's not going to throw the ball to the other team all of the time.

We just need to be looking at other alternatives.  That's all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 17, 2012, 01:28:27 AM »
I see your frustration, but if Will did nothing more than he does now except shot 35% from 3 and hit a runner or 2 a game, I think it's a fine role to have. And since Will isn't THAT far from that, Frank just rolls with it 35 minutes a game.

I'm more frustrated that he forgot to guard (back to the injured talking point from before the 66) and he doesn't look to pass the ball to anyone but the guard fill.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #705 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:16 AM »

For a kid with shot nerves that's a lot to ask.

Zomg will's broken forever! :runaway:

:dubious:

He is most likely not going to bust out of this slump against Syracuse, Whisky/Vandy, or whoever may come next.

He may not be "broken", but he's hitting bottom right now, and we'll have to see where he goes next.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
I don't want to be lumped into the group of people who don't like Will because he hasn't had a Brady Heslip like game.  I'm pissed because we have to have an entire position on the floor who must play a low risk-low reward role.  He's the LuCo of this team if LuCo was a fragile infant.

I don't want it to seem like I'm demanding Scott Christopherson or Heslip, either.  And if Angel is going to take the bulk of the scoring from the guard position going forward, great.  So be it.

But you can't have a combo guard out on the floor for 30+ minutes that can't shoot, can't dribble penetrate, can't throw basic entry passes, can't lead a break, and plays average defense.  Ten or fifteen minutes when you're trying to slow a game down and/or protect a lead?  Cool.  Have guys in foul trouble?  Cool.  It's good to have a guy in the bullpen that's not going to throw the ball to the other team all of the time.

We just need to be looking at other alternatives.  That's all.

Rusty hammering you for the Kietz comment not withstanding, I think we all agree to some extent.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 17, 2012, 08:46:23 AM »
Minutes. Too many minutes. That's it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 17, 2012, 08:49:52 AM »
Minutes. Too many minutes. That's it.

Where you watching bruh?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 17, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
I really only get upset with Will for the multiple missed shots. I'm good with him understanding that the primary playmakers with the ball are Rod and Angel and him trying to get the offense set with them in position to make plays. And Will would not be playing 35 minutes per game if Frank thought he played below average defense. He does a fine job most of the time, especially off the ball, but the microscope on Will magnifies every mistake he makes.

I wish Tay had a better mentality for the off guard in Frank's offense. Honestly the way he plays is more like Frank likes his 3s to play; be a slasher, hit open jump shots, attack the basket. The problem is he often makes poor choices on when to do that, and Frank isn't going to put up with that from the guard spot. Plus his defense is no better/worse than Will's. That said, I like that mentality for how much he plays; come in the game for 5 minute segments, attack, get some shots, etc. But I don't think we are better team if he does that for 30 minutes though I still believe what I've been consistent with that Tay for 4-5 more minutes and Will for 4-5 less would be good, but clearly Frank doesn't see it that way.

Southy, I'm not sure if he is clear on decisions either; sometimes he thinks he's a passer, sometimes he attackes, sometimes he is in between. Then he has some of the worst defensive lapses of any perimeter player and for a guy his size he doesn't oboard very well.

I just hope Will can finally hit a couple shots because I've just accepted that he's going to play 35 minutes per game (and do it for the rest of his career here).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
So are these rumors middle aged women keep telling me for reals?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 17, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
I had an eerie premonition that Doc is going to totally redeem himself today.

:love:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 17, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »

:pray:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 17, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

Would high-five.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 17, 2012, 12:57:44 PM »
Someone call Enterprise and see if they have any openings for him.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 17, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
Andy Glockner is now realizing the Spradling issue on twitter.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 17, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »
This is the wrong game to be bumping this thread.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
This is the wrong game to be bumping this thread.

Will hit a couple shots, and played hard all day.  Hopefully this leads to a strong offseason and a bounceback Junior year.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
yeah, that was will's best game in a long time. If he can consistently play like that I don't think many people would have a problem with his minutes.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
yeah, that was will's best game in a long time. If he can consistently play like that I don't think many people would have a problem with his minutes.

Nope.

Rusty wins.  I lose.

:cheers:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:57 PM »
we all lost today panj. :frown:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 17, 2012, 02:07:29 PM »
we all lost today panj. :frown:

True, but I'm surprisingly optimistic for next year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 17, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
That was exactly what we want from William.

His love of Jamar and his post game tweeting was All-American like.  His support of Jam gives him a lifetime pass & he would have earned it even if he sucked on the court today which of course he didn't.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 17, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »
That was exactly what we want from William.

His love of Jamar and his post game tweeting was All-American like.  His support of Jam gives him a lifetime pass & he would have earned it even if he sucked on the court today which of course he didn't.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 17, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »
Doc needs to start making 150 threes before and after practice.