Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 169622 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #650 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:22 AM »
Honest Question: Why does Frank love him more than the rest of his children?? He is wildly immune to the bench. I hate him with the fire of 1,000 suns. This is America - you can't just be a miserable person and assume I will respect you.

I love you,
America

Rest of the United States / America / Mrs Dave

He without a doubt loves Rodney way more. Spradling also makes relatively few mistakes other than missing shots.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #651 on: March 16, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »
We're playing 4 on 5 with Spradling on the floor. 

It's really a shame considering how well Rod and JO have been playing.  With some production out of a 30+ mpg starter, we'd be beating teams like SoMiss handily.  We'd actually have a shot at beating Cuse. 

I just don't see it happening if Spradling plays 30+ and goes 0fer from 3pt.  Especially b/c Cuse will probably throw a zone at us.  a guard that can't break a zone with penetrating or shooting is completely worthless. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
Honest Question: Why does Frank love him more than the rest of his children?? He is wildly immune to the bench. I hate him with the fire of 1,000 suns. This is America - you can't just be a miserable person and assume I will respect you.

I love you,
America

Rest of the United States / America / Mrs Dave
Spradling also makes relatively few mistakes other than missing shots.

Yeah he doesn't do stupid crap like dribbling into the corner on the sideline picking said dribble up and getting trapped late in a close game.  When you don't make shots, play average defense at best, and don't create opportunities for any of your teammates doing something like that is even more unforgivable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
If he is going to ever score he has to at least try to drive and hope for a foul.  His outside shot is just gone.  He has to get points from the line.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
Looking at it differently, a guard is supposed to make shots, create opportunities for teammates, and spread defenses.  That's why he's on the floor, no?   

By failing to do these things, one could say that he commits plenty of mistakes. 

Whatever, Sprads is who he is.  Other than maybe Martavious, we don't really have any other options.  Let's just hope that he'll come out against Cuse and shoot 40% from behind the arc, play decent defense and have 3/1 A/TO ratio. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
Good luck with all that. :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
If he is going to ever score he has to at least try to drive and hope for a foul.  His outside shot is just gone.  He has to get points from the line.

Yep and he was 0-0 from the line.  The last two defensive rebounds of the game were hilarious.  First of the two JO gets a rebound and instead of our best FT shooter coming to get the ball he sprinted, back turned, up to the floor.  The second defensive rebound Jamar gets the ball, Will actually goes to get it, and Jamar gives him a pfft look and doesn't pass him the ball.

This is starting to effect how I watch games and not in a positive way.  Tired of watching him stay away from the ball anywhere but the top of the key and simply making a guard to guard chest pass.  It's embarrassing.  I kind of want to go to GPC to see how CJH is spinning this but I feel like I might break my phone with rage.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 16, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
Good luck with all that. :lol:

Not forecasting it.  But, a guy can hope can't he?  I mean, Sprads has the worst FG% on the team.  Literally.  I looked it up. 

But maybe against Cuse he'll shoot better. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 16, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »
http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2012/03/15/southern-miss-64-kansas-state-70/plus_minus
Why are there no stats for JO?
Jamar   :eek: :love:
Tay  :frown:

his name is too long and causes a glitch. Yeah, Jamar definitely sticks out. BUT NO FGA'S! :runaway:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »
He is beyond awful. I'm praying for a breakout game vs 'Cuse.

:crossfingers:  :pray:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 16, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
He'll get some looks against the zone.  He'll pass them up

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #663 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
I wish Southy and Irving would stop doing dumb things so Frank trusted them more. It's clear that in spite of Sprads inability to ever hit a shot, Frank still trusts him. A lot.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 16, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
Sprads is playing so within himself, he's in danger of turning inside out.

Don't know how we got as far as we have without a shooting guard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »
http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2012/03/15/southern-miss-64-kansas-state-70/plus_minus

The url says plus_minus.  I'm sure you're not asking us to glean anything from plus minus, right?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »

The url says plus_minus.  I'm sure you're not asking us to glean anything from plus minus, right?

No, let's stick to anecdotes and feelings in this thread.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »

If you're relegated to using the most useless stat in sports you've lost the argument.  If anyone tried to use +/- to discredit one of your arguments you'd rightfully call them a moron.  The fact that Will and Rodney had the same +/- and Jamar's was 10 points higher tells you all you need to know.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »

If you're relegated to using the most useless stat in sports you've lost the argument.  If anyone tried to use +/- to discredit one of your arguments you'd rightfully call them a moron.  The fact that Will and Rodney had the same +/- and Jamar's was 10 points higher tells you all you need to know.

yes, it tells you that who you are on the court with matters a lot. Unfortunately, Martavious has to be on the floor with Martavious 100% of the time and that kind of skews his plus/minus in the wrong direction.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:49 PM »
Will's +/- indicates that he plays a ton of minutes and all of those minutes happened to be along side a guy who scored 30 points.  All of Will's other stats and the stats of his primary assignment indicate that he was an innocent bystander to his +9 rating.

I'm tempted to find a post of yours clowning +/- as I'm certain it exists somewhere.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 16, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
Will's +/- indicates that he plays a ton of minutes and all of those minutes happened to be along side a guy who scored 30 points.  All of Will's other stats and the stats of his primary assignment indicate that he was an innocent bystander to his +9 rating.

I'm tempted to find a post of yours clowning +/- as I'm certain it exists somewhere.

I don't disagree that he is an innocent bystander. My point is that being an innocent bystander makes him better than Martavious or Southwell.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »

I don't disagree that he is an innocent bystander. My point is that being an innocent bystander makes him better than Martavious or Southwell.

Some times, absolutely; most of the time, perhaps; on Thursday, hell naw.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »

Some times, absolutely; most of the time, perhaps; on Thursday, hell naw.

disagree. tay and shane were both complete garbage. Will was slightly better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
Weren't you just talking about stats to prove points instead of "anecdotes and feelings?"  The stats say that Tay had more points and the same number of rebounds and assists as Will playing 24 less minutes. 

Which is it Rusty?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »
Weren't you just talking about stats to prove points instead of "anecdotes and feelings?"  The stats say that Tay had more points and the same number of rebounds and assists as Will playing 24 less minutes. 

Which is it Rusty?

he also had more turnovers.