Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171796 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »
Irving >>>>>>>>> Spradling

Frank must be trying to appease the huge :opcat:  :opcat:  :opcat: element of K-State's fanbase.

:facepalm:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
Will Spradling, G     39   2-5   2-3   0-0   0   4   3   1   1   4   1   6

Martavious Irving, G   12   3-4   2-2   0-0   0   0   0   0   0   0   2   8

Why does Frank hate 'Tay? 

:confused:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »

I can't imagine how fun BBSing over here must be for you right now... Man.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:01 PM »
it's almost as though frank just gave goEMAW a big eff YOU

No chit, mods please lock this thread, Frank obviously monitors you all, Sprads will play all 40 minutes next game if this continues.  :ohno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »

Twelve minutes for Tay is borderline criminal

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
The only part of Will's line tonight that I don't like is his minutes. Other than that, I'm ok with it. I know he can do more, (and less), but the team can do just fine with this line from him, aside from MPG.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »
The only part of Will's line tonight that I don't like is his minutes. Other than that, I'm ok with it. I know he can do more, (and less), but the team can do just fine with this line from him, aside from MPG.

For what he does with the ball in his hands, 4 TOs for him are like 8 for Angel

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:28 PM »
Will driving into the lane and getting his crap swatted was actually encouraging
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:55 PM »

For what he does with the ball in his hands, 4 TOs for him are like 8 for Angel

I know. His risk/reward is much much much smaller. I don't think his line tonight as a whole hurts the team more than it helps. This team isn't really having TO problems as of late, which I love. Some TOs are more costly than others of course. Timing is everything. I know this goes with Will doing so poorly that is bar is set so low, but if he could do what he did tonight for the rest of the season, I don't think we can pin blame tail on Will going forward.

4 reb 3 assists 1 steal 1 block and 6 points. IF IF IF he could give that in 25 minutes, I would be ok with is 4 turnovers. He played almost the whole game. 1 turnover every 10 minutes? I'm ok with that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »
Will driving into the lane and getting his crap swatted was actually encouraging

It was still a tentative take.  I hate being such a negative bastard about Will.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
Pretty sure Will was guarding Turner when he started going off....no?

Yep, ednksu or fuktard will claim to watch the game and chart each possession to claim otherwise

typical shitty MIR post is typical
2@1606 guarded by Rodney
2@1309 guarded by Will on run out/broken defense
FTs@ 52 fouled by Jamar, but Will got beat

half
2@1723 Will moves off him to guard Ray Turner who is completely unguarded on the block, Turner moves back out for open jumper. 
2@1515 guarded by Will, made shot over Will on good individual move, not horrid defense by Sprad
3@1302 guarded by Shane who got lost on a screen and late help by Angel
3@1056 guarded by Rodney who went for a steal/run out
3@834 guarded by Will trapped under a screen
3@16 guarded by Angel (zone)

so yeah, 12 of his 22 points Will wasn't on him, add 2 more points that weren't necessarily Will's fault because the defense was broken at 1309. 

But don't let facts get in the way of your shitty posting.  Also I give no fucks about Will's defense tonight.  I just think its funny you once again try to call me out when you are flat out wrong.  Nice work trying to make a strawman out of your posting as usual.  The majority of him "going off" Will was not on him. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »
Well we can just simplify it and say Will rough ridin' sucks and has no business playing more than 20 minutes a game...that work out better for you?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 29, 2012, 12:11:04 AM »
Well we can just simplify it and say Will rough ridin' sucks and has no business playing more than 20 minutes a game...that work out better for you?
I think that would do wonders for him at this point.

I think it would also help out his defense as well.  I think the minutes at this point are weighing on him too much.  One stat that popped out for me is the number of charges he has been taking.  Tonight's game was the first in a long while where he took a solid charge.  He was doing that a lot more against lesser competition earlier in the year.  I think he is getting too gassed by the minutes to play defense well.  He is frustrated all around and its killing his offense game too.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:40 AM »
I think that would do wonders for him at this point.

I think it would also help out his defense as well.  I think the minutes at this point are weighing on him too much.  One stat that popped out for me is the number of charges he has been taking.  Tonight's game was the first in a long while where he took a solid charge.  He was doing that a lot more against lesser competition earlier in the year.  I think he is getting too gassed by the minutes to play defense well.  He is frustrated all around and its killing his offense game too.

Charges?  Lol...damn I fell for the trolling job too.  Nice job, well played  :cheers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 29, 2012, 02:25:21 AM »

Yep, ednksu or fuktard will claim to watch the game and chart each possession to claim otherwise

2@1606 guarded by Rodney

half
2@1723 Will moves off him to guard Ray Turner who is completely unguarded on the block, Turner moves back out for open jumper. 
2@1515 guarded by Will, made shot over Will on good individual move, not horrid defense by Sprad

so yeah, 12 of his 22 points Will wasn't on him, add 2 more points that weren't necessarily Will's fault because the defense was broken at 1309. 

But don't let facts get in the way of your shitty posting.  Also I give no fucks about Will's defense tonight.  I just think its funny you once again try to call me out when you are flat out wrong.  Nice work trying to make a strawman out of your posting as usual.  The majority of him "going off" Will was not on him.

:emawkid:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:52 AM »

Twelve minutes for Tay is borderline criminal

Chis Harper agrees.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »

2@1606 guarded by Rodney

half

:emawkid:
God I love your shitty posting.  With my shitty meltdowns were a force to destroy any thread  :cheers:  we should totally get some  :drink: and have a good  :lol:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »

2@1606 guarded by Rodney

half

It's easier for Towel Rack (MIR) to attack other posters to "support" his position than to actually pay attention to the game. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
Hard to believe this thread is so long. pretty simple.  will's athleticism and skill level are akin to an average walk-on athlete.

He deserves walk-on minutes.  15 mins?  He should be our Conor Teahen (who is actually better than Sprads).

Instead, Frank is trying to make him our Jacob Pullen. 

So really, we should be bitching about Franks personnel decision, not Sprads sucking.  Would Sprads penetrate or turn the corner on a high ball screen if he was physically capable?  Yeah, he probably would.  I think he knows he's just overmatched out there.  In a way, I feel sorry for him that Frank puts him in that position.  It's no wonder he has no confidence.  He knows he's not talented enough to be the player Frank is expecting him to be.  Frank should stop being Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:34:45 AM by Belvis Noland »

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »

Actually thought will played okay "D" while he was in there  :dunno:

Still would like to see 'tay and Shane get some more run from his minutes...
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
The only hope left for Sprads is completely going off in the next 2 weeks.

And Belvis, it is clear Frank swung and missed on Will.  Read quotes over the past 18 months and it is clear he was counting on Will and is trying to save him.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 29, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
Will would be the best walk on to ever play in the Big 12 if he were a walk on. He's on scholarship because he deserves one. It will be fun laughing about this next year when Will is hitting shots again.

Give his minutes to 'Tay this year, though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 29, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Will would be the best walk on to ever play in the Big 12 if he were a walk on. He's on scholarship because he deserves one. It will be fun laughing about this next year when Will is hitting shots again.

Sprads couldn't shoot worse so you will obviously be able to say "I told you so" at some point.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

Sprads couldn't shoot worse so you will obviously be able to say "I told you so" at some point.

pretty much :gocho:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 29, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

False.  Except for the part about Tay.