Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171802 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
Maybe it's been said in this thread, but I feel like Spradling is a lot like a young baseball player that starts out for the first couple months of his career in a hot streak hitting .300+, putting more balls over the wall than normal, and essentially exceeding any and all expectations right out of the gate.  You look at him, can't figure out how he's really doing it, but the numbers say he's better than he looks.  However, eventually, someone figures out that he can't hit a slider, and then everyone starts throwing sliders, and next thing you know, he's heading back down to AAA.

I'm sure he's a lot better than what he is showing right now, but I think last year may have been the fluke, and this year is more realistic.  It's not like he's just missing open shots.  He's not getting open.  He's having trouble defending slow guys.  He can't get to the line because he's incapable of putting the ball on the floor and getting past someone.

I just don't see him coming back from this.  Of course, I'm probably way off base, but I just have a feeling that he'll be seeing less and less time, or possibly leaving to go play at a smaller school.  :dunno:

Normally that guy wouldn't be batting 3rd coming down the stretch.  u digg?

No, I agree.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
I think he needs to be Jacob Pullen and not Denis Clemente.

How about accepting he is neither?  Is that a super hard challenge?  Or should we just not try to do that at all? 

:flush:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »
More like Welker, less like Werner.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
Will is a headcase, he has the physical tools to be a decent guard for us, he obviously lacks the courage and or the aggression needed to realize it. He isn't even trying to take charges anymore, he has been mindfucked.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
"We did a pretty good job on him other than a matchup," Martin said. "You go watch the film, I'm not telling you who and what, but we did a pretty good job on him unless there was a certain guy guarding him. Then it was all systems off and Christopherson is pretty good.

catzacker

« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »
"We did a pretty good job on him other than a matchup," Martin said. "You go watch the film, I'm not telling you who and what, but we did a pretty good job on him unless there was a certain guy guarding him. Then it was all systems off and Christopherson is pretty good.

ok.  so...I'm going to try not to lose it...but ...no..ok f*ck it.  How rough ridin' stupid is frank?  this is a serious question.  how rough ridin' stupid is he?  I mean, does he not realize he has control over this?  He has to, right?  I guess either way he's a rough ridin' idiot.  I mean, if he knows he has control of this but just sits there and watches a guy drop 18 on his team in the first half without making a change then he's a rough ridin' idiot.  And if he doesn't know he has control of it then, again, he's a rough ridin' idiot. 

it's comments like these that are beyond frustrating to me.  you know who's an incredible rough ridin' coward?  not will.  Frank. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
This year's goat has got to be Vic.  Today's airball

I missed this live at the game.  Just watched it on DVR.  :lol:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
Will is a headcase, he has the physical tools to be a decent guard for us, he obviously lacks the courage and or the aggression needed to realize it. He isn't even trying to take charges anymore, he has been mindfucked.

I am pretty sure the exact opposite is true or maybe he lacks both, but he def doesn't have many physical tools.  :dunno:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »

I never want to see him shoot the ball again. He needs to just act as a placeholder until an actual basketball player can replace him on the floor.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »

I never want to see him shoot the ball again. He needs to just act as a placeholder until an actual basketball player can replace him on the floor.

He'll start at A&M and play 30+ minutes.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
remember when angel bombed that pass to a streaking player hitting him in stride right under the basket only for the player to panic and kick it out.  I was so pissed until I realized it was vic. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50:25 AM »
remember when angel bombed that pass to a streaking player hitting him in stride right under the basket only for the player to panic and kick it out.  I was so pissed until I realized it was vic. 

That was a godawful pass no matter who caught it, way too deep, it was worst considering who he threw it to.  It elicited a "damn it Angel" from me.

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 26, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Do you think he would quit?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
I didn't get to watch the game live because I was out of the country, but I just watched it, expecting Sprads to get destroyed based on what I had read here.  I'm not sure what game all of you guys were watching, and although he didn't play great, Sprads was certainly not the reason we lost the game.  Christopherson had 17 of his 29 points while being guarded by someone OTHER than Sprads.  Sprads gave up 12 points...big rough ridin' deal.  I only saw 2 times (4 points) where I thought Sprads played less than good defense, and even then he was trying like hell.  the points Christopherson scored that really hurt were the ones late, especially that last 3, where Angel was guarding him (or should I say NOT guarding him)...let himself get taken completely out of the play by a screen.  Sprads was adequate.  Although Angel had a nice game, he again hurt us with some late game mistakes...a turnover, 3 missed ft's, and that piss poor defense on Christopherson when we were tied.  No one is to blame, we got out hustled, they made some clutch shots.  We didn't deserve to win.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 26, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
You shouldn't have been let back in the country, Fuktard.

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:07 PM »
Fuktard, were you not watching Will on the offensive side of the ball?

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
I didn't get to watch the game live because I was out of the country, but I just watched it, expecting Sprads to get destroyed based on what I had read here.  I'm not sure what game all of you guys were watching, and although he didn't play great, Sprads was certainly not the reason we lost the game.  Christopherson had 17 of his 29 points while being guarded by someone OTHER than Sprads.  Sprads gave up 12 points...big rough ridin' deal.  I only saw 2 times (4 points) where I thought Sprads played less than good defense, and even then he was trying like hell.  the points Christopherson scored that really hurt were the ones late, especially that last 3, where Angel was guarding him (or should I say NOT guarding him)...let himself get taken completely out of the play by a screen.  Sprads was adequate.  Although Angel had a nice game, he again hurt us with some late game mistakes...a turnover, 3 missed ft's, and that piss poor defense on Christopherson when we were tied.  No one is to blame, we got out hustled, they made some clutch shots.  We didn't deserve to win.

Fuktard post

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »

Fuktard post

Someone who cares should go back and find what fuktard posted about Angel after the KU game.  I bet it would cement his racist tuck status when you compare it to how he viewed Spradlers game against ISU.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:06 PM »
Is there a BBIQ test out there that goEMAW members can be required to pass before posting? I'm not thinking anyone has to have HBBIQ before posting, but at least average. What do you guys think?

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
Is there a BBIQ test out there that goEMAW members can be required to pass before posting? I'm not thinking anyone has to have HBBIQ before posting, but at least average. What do you guys think?
Would at least get average, so sure.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
Would at least get average, so sure.

Easily.

Honestly, just having the ability to complete a test should weed out posters like Fuktard. I'd be content with that.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 26, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »

you do realize that angel did exactly what he was supposed to do on defense on that three that christopherson hit at the end don't you?

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
And here I was thinking there were just different gradations of #teamhatespradler. Turns out there's an actual supporter? Wow.

Really, almost none of Will's deficiencies can in any way be pegged to Angel so not sure how Angel's TO and missed FTs are relevant. However, a good part of what people complain about Angel is very directly affected by Will.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »

You obviously watched a different game than the one we all did.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2012, 11:36:33 PM »

you do realize that angel did exactly what he was supposed to do on defense on that three that christopherson hit at the end don't you?
bullshit
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting