Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 171034 times)

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2011, 05:42:48 AM »
Sportscenter highlights were all about Jake getting beat, over, and over, and over.  Racists at ESPN I tell you.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2011, 07:04:53 AM »
All the "best" posters on this site are absolute  :flush:, especially in this thread.  :chainsaw: on a true freshman for having a few bad turnovers, but  :love: on senior team captain all-american for having a very average game. Bang up job, guys.

Jake's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and whitey hasn't given up much reason to believe that he's a high major talent.  Of course it's all relative: with the exception of McGruder pretty much every other player on the team is more redarded than Jake and the team as a whole hasn't demonstrated that they can compete at the high major level so whitey pretty much fits right in. 

:emawkid:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
bmw, stop it. you're being an bad person, and are alienating friends.

stop doing this. why do you do this? it's a HUGE personality flaw you posses.

You're right, fats, but 42 started it.  I'm sorry.

:cry:

Friends?

42, are we friends?

This losing is making me really sentimental guys, I'm sorry. Really vulnerable.
I hardly know you big guy

Not you, the other 42 bro

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »
Dominique Brandersoned

You need to work Freddy or Asprilla into this somehow.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »
Dominique Brandersoned

You need to work Freddy or Asprilla into this somehow.

Domsprilla Brandersoned?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
if Frank ran off all the untalented players, we'd have like 4 players.  what's worse is that if sprads transferred, frank would just replace him some other POS.

yup.  Will is not the problem.  relying on 3 star freshmen & sophomores is not really a plan for success.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Nobody said that Jake did a bang-up job today, dude. The point that we're trying to make is that on our myriad list of problems for this team, Pullen doesn't even crack the Top 5. And Spradling's mistakes basically cost us any chance at sustaining the comeback momentum. If you don't think that momentum isn't a huge part of college basketball, then I don't know what to say to you.

Thx for a thoughtful response, 42. To make it clear, I'm not defending Sprads' play this game -- he indeed have some bad turnovers. He wasn't all bad -- he hit a clutch 3 w/ 1 sec. on the shot clock after saving the ball in-bounds, and also made a nice xtra pass to assist Pullen on his only 3-point make of the evening.

The point is, however, this kind of play is expected from a freshman (unless he's a projected lottery pick or something). Pullen had a lot of bad plays when he was forced on the court as a true frosh (take your best shot, Rusty) as well, remember? He (Sprads) makes some bad decisions, but also makes some good ones.

And the point w/ Pullen is, that when you are one of only 2 seniors on the team (the other is a transfer), you're playing PG (rather often), and you're regarded as the best player on your team, you expect him to make good decisions, not force shots, show some leadership on the floor, and make clutch plays. Pullen didn't play terrible tonight, but he didn't play great either. He hasn't had a "great" game all year long, and while he indeed does make some nice plays for stretches in a game, the true clutch plays are not there.

In short, much more is expected of Pullen than of Sprads, and rightfully so. It is my opinion that Pullen overall has failed to meet expectations more so than Spradling. As far as momentum goes, sure that stretch was key, but as a few others have said, Sprads was certainly not alone in contributing to the momentum loss.

42 is a shitty poster.  He has been for a while.  Anyone blaming this loss on Spradling is an rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If Russell and Irving weren't such POS we wouldn't even be able to complain about Spradling.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
I was listening to will talk on the coaches show and I think you guys are really misscalculating here,  Will might be really good after he goes through puberty.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »
Spradling isn't a horrible player.  He is, however, a horrible match-up against MU, especially @MU.  I think Frank put Sprads in a position to fail the other night in Columbia.  You could see he was pretty rattled by the MU pressure in his limited first half minutes.  The decision to sub him in to rest Jake (MArtavious, Nick, Peterson, Myles avail) was really pretty dumbfounding to me.  Of course that was exactly when the game started to get away from us. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011, 10:15:08 PM »
Spradler deserves 100% of the blame for every loss.  eff that guy.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
Nobody said that Jake did a bang-up job today, dude. The point that we're trying to make is that on our myriad list of problems for this team, Pullen doesn't even crack the Top 5. And Spradling's mistakes basically cost us any chance at sustaining the comeback momentum. If you don't think that momentum isn't a huge part of college basketball, then I don't know what to say to you.

Thx for a thoughtful response, 42. To make it clear, I'm not defending Sprads' play this game -- he indeed have some bad turnovers. He wasn't all bad -- he hit a clutch 3 w/ 1 sec. on the shot clock after saving the ball in-bounds, and also made a nice xtra pass to assist Pullen on his only 3-point make of the evening.

The point is, however, this kind of play is expected from a freshman (unless he's a projected lottery pick or something). Pullen had a lot of bad plays when he was forced on the court as a true frosh (take your best shot, Rusty) as well, remember? He (Sprads) makes some bad decisions, but also makes some good ones.

And the point w/ Pullen is, that when you are one of only 2 seniors on the team (the other is a transfer), you're playing PG (rather often), and you're regarded as the best player on your team, you expect him to make good decisions, not force shots, show some leadership on the floor, and make clutch plays. Pullen didn't play terrible tonight, but he didn't play great either. He hasn't had a "great" game all year long, and while he indeed does make some nice plays for stretches in a game, the true clutch plays are not there.

In short, much more is expected of Pullen than of Sprads, and rightfully so. It is my opinion that Pullen overall has failed to meet expectations more so than Spradling. As far as momentum goes, sure that stretch was key, but as a few others have said, Sprads was certainly not alone in contributing to the momentum loss.

42 is a shitty poster.  He has been for a while.  Anyone blaming this loss on Spradling is an rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If Russell and Irving weren't such POS we wouldn't even be able to complain about Spradling.

Do you ever actually read any of my posts? I didn't say he was the only reason he lost. There are tons of reasons why we lost. All I'm saying is that he killed the comeback momentum, which is still kind of a big deal IMO.

jtksu is like miles ahead of where you are as a poster right now, by the way. At least he has decent reading comprehension skills.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »
Spradling isn't a horrible player.  He is, however, a horrible match-up against MU, especially @MU.

This. Before the game I thought it was pretty obvious that Sprads would get limited minutes, but low and behold he gets 19. If Missouri would have double teamed him more, they would have beaten us worse than we beat Texas Tech.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
Spradling isn't a horrible player.  He is, however, a horrible match-up against MU, especially @MU D-I players. 

FYP   :users:

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011, 03:12:05 PM »
spradling is alright and when i say alright i mean adorable and when i say adorable i mean only if he's not wearing that horrible off-white undershirt. but yeah playing-wise i say give the freshman a break

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »
spradling is alright and when i say alright i mean adorable and when i say adorable i mean only if he's not wearing that horrible off-white undershirt. but yeah playing-wise i say give the freshman a break

Can't he get some Pro-activ or something?

It worked rough ridin' great for Christina and Jess.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »

It worked rough ridin' great for Christina and Jess.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2011, 01:18:06 AM »
Buchi update?

you can hire him, if you're looking to put a team together.

http://www.court-side.com/p/P6049636DE03CAA10C125775B00007804

:lol:

Heavily recruited, he selected Kansas State (which may not have been the best decision)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:21 AM »
Buchi update?

:lol:

Heavily recruited, he selected Kansas State (which may not have been the best decision)

I liked this one as well, " Despite being a reserve at two NCAA high-major programs, Awaji had the talent to start for most of the schools in the country."

I gotta give him credit though, he was a beast against Doc Sadler's boys that one time in Manhattan.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:54 AM »

I guess i'm going to trust your judgment on this....
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »

It worked effing great for Christina and Jess.

I just screamed when that picture popped up, kinda like Belushi did when he first saw Flounder :horrorsurprise:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
Buchi update?

I'm about 95% certain that was probably written by Buchi.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
Did Buchi really have 5 double digit scoring games for us?  I'm mildly surprised that he actually played 5 games.