Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 186261 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
I'm a pretty terrible athlete.

must be frustrating (not in general.  for you, especially).
he has bad genes, not his fault.  sad, really...

i meant it would be frustrating because he has good genes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

The42Yardstick

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
I usually play HORSE w/my 57 year old father at the rec about 5 times a week. He usually wins four out of those five days.

:facepalm:

Offline MrsJoker

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
One time, I was playing against one of those shorter, 40-something fellas at the rec.  The only defense he had was to grab my arms when I shot.  So, I posted up on him with a pretty strong elbow to the chest...just to show him who's boss. :blush: Welp, he pushed in the back with both hands! :surprised:  So, I jumped up and knocked him in the chest and told him what a BIG man he was to go pushin girls around! (Yes, I'm 6'2 and he was like...5'9 or something...so what?!  Unfair fight?  Probably.  Deserving?  Definitely.)  We both had to leave for the night.  Anyone else ever got kicked out of the rec??  I know my husband's so proud...  :love:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Michael Scott/Wayne Gretzky

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »
Back in 2001, right after gettin' a ring, Tyronn Lue showed up at Tomahawk Sports Dome to watch a friend play in his rec game.  with under a minute left he checked in, hit a trey from right inside half court, and calmly walked away.  Very weird evening. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »
Back in 2001, right after gettin' a ring, Tyronn Lue showed up at Tomahawk Sports Dome to watch a friend play in his rec game.  with under a minute left he checked in, hit a trey from right inside half court, and calmly walked away.  Very weird evening. 
he played on that team a lot that summer.  it was 100+ degrees inside that damn dome, my friend called and needed a sub.  i obliged.  i get there to find out i was covering Lue.  taller and stronger than i had anticipated, but a very average player.  i had a good time playing lock down defense on him.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »
he played on that team a lot that summer.  it was 100+ degrees inside that damn dome, my friend called and needed a sub.  i obliged.  i get there to find out i was covering Lue.  taller and stronger than i had anticipated, but a very average player.  i had a good time playing lock down defense on him.

No.  No you didn't.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
I'm a pretty terrible athlete.

must be frustrating (not in general.  for you, especially).
he has bad genes, not his fault.  sad, really...

i meant it would be frustrating because he has good genes.

yeah.  Not really, though.  "Terrible" might be a bit strong.  

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
rusty, maybe you should stick to mathematics.  :D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »

you should go into journalism.  :fatty:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2010, 11:28:57 PM »

i'll see you at sfo 2maro bud.  :driving:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »

i'll see you at sfo 2maro bud.  :driving:

cool.  maybe you can direct me to the best food court.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2010, 09:02:16 AM »

No.  No you didn't.
yup, did.  boom, you're roasted.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »
What's sys like during pickup games, you ask?  Well, he's very quiet.  Just plays.  Doesn't talk at all.  Almost seems uninvolved unless he has the ball or decides to go for a rebound.  He pays attention to what's going on, just doesn't act like it has anything to do with him.  Rarely hustles - even by pickup standards.  Will roll eyes if teammate does something he thinks is stupid that causes him to have to run the floor to get back on defense. 

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
I'm thinking a pickup bball Pak'r.  I'm getting all kinds of a basketball jones reading this thread!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »
What's sys like during pickup games, you ask?  Well, he's very quiet.  Just plays.  Doesn't talk at all.  Almost seems uninvolved unless he has the ball or decides to go for a rebound.  He pays attention to what's going on, just doesn't act like it has anything to do with him.  Rarely hustles - even by pickup standards.  Will roll eyes if teammate does something he thinks is stupid that causes him to have to run the floor to get back on defense. 

fool me once, etc.  last time i respond to a request for pickup game tape.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
I'm thinking a pickup bball Pak'r.  I'm getting all kinds of a basketball jones reading this thread!

You would get abused. 

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »

You would get abused. 

Ha, love when guys think that.  It's fun making them look stupid!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
One time, I was playing against one of those shorter, 40-something fellas at the rec.  The only defense he had was to grab my arms when I shot.  So, I posted up on him with a pretty strong elbow to the chest...just to show him who's boss. :blush: Welp, he pushed in the back with both hands! :surprised:  So, I jumped up and knocked him in the chest and told him what a BIG man he was to go pushin girls around! (Yes, I'm 6'2 and he was like...5'9 or something...so what?!  Unfair fight?  Probably.  Deserving?  Definitely.)  We both had to leave for the night.  Anyone else ever got kicked out of the rec??  I know my husband's so proud...  :love:

Thanks for bringing this back around to the original topic!  Yes, you were well within your rights.  You also should have made a disparaging comment about his 1) appearance 2) penis size/rough ridin' ability and then brought it back to your original point with a Freud shout-out filling in the gaps.  That or just kneed him in the balls and called him a loser.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »

Thanks for bringing this back around to the original topic!  Yes, you were well within your rights.  You also should have made a disparaging comment about his 1) appearance 2) penis size/fracking ability and then brought it back to your original point with a Freud shout-out filling in the gaps.  That or just kneed him in the balls and called him a loser.
Oh mos def. should have called him out when you were posting him up. shouldve said 'what is that it feels like a penis only smaller.'

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
city park, lets go!
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
This is outdoor ball.

It's different than

your country club crap.

When you shoot.

you adjust for the wind.

Out at the beach.

the wind can push the ball

two  to three  inches.

You wouldn't know

about that.
 :gocho:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
This is outdoor ball.

It's different than

your country club crap.

When you shoot.

you adjust for the wind.

Out at the beach.

the wind can push the ball

two  to three  inches.

You wouldn't know

about that.
 :gocho:

wow.  nice work.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
JFC, I grew up playing in Kansas, I played on days that the ball would move a foot when shooting from 15 ft or more.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
The ball doesn't move at all in the wind when you do dunk shots.  That's why I only do dunk shots when it's windy outside.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile