Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 187094 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2010, 09:26:55 AM »
I always thought that the most effective move in pickup ball is the old Kevin McHale up-and-under.  Works pretty much every time.  

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
I always thought that the most effective move in pickup ball is the old Kevin McHale up-and-under.  Works pretty much every time.  

it didn't work so good in the pick up game you just played against clams and i where i swatted that goofy looking shot into third row.  :nono:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »

it didn't work so good in the pick up game you just played against clams and i where i swatted that goofy looking shot into third row.  :nono:

That was a free throw and you both made a serious lane violation.  You just didn't realize it because only losers call fouls in pickup games.  But that's what I was doing.  Shooting a free throw on an uncalled foul.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2010, 09:42:49 AM »
ok  but we were on the same team.  dumbass.   :flush:

which is why i did it during warmups.  :cool:
which got us a technical foul from the refs for dunking before the game    :blank:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
ok  but we were on the same team.  dumbass.   :flush:

which is why i did it during warmups.  :cool:
which got us a technical foul from the refs for dunking before the game    :blank:

he didn't even make the foul shots though and we still won by 5 so bfd.  :driving:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:18 AM »
hope you and knee-pad guy quit fighting so much so we can get rid of the refs, no reason to have them at pick up games.   makes it feel not pick upy.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »
hope you and knee-pad guy quit fighting so much so we can get rid of the refs, no reason to have them at pick up games.   makes it feel not pick upy.

believe me...i'd like nothing more. but that guy has had a bad attitude on the court ever since his wife "made out" w/ me at the office xmas party.  :raccoon:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
should probably stop messing with married women.  and learn how to do a cross over dribble.  LMAO. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2010, 10:27:05 AM »
should probably stop messing with married women.  and learn how to do a cross over dribble.  LMAO. 

didn't know she was married. lmao. she still hits on me all the time around work, but i'm making a move on the daughter. lmao again. only two more weeks till she's 18. we facebook n stuff all the time but i told her i'm not messing around w/ someone underage. lmfao.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »
I love when RD and clams do this.... :flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »

didn't know she was married. lmao. she still hits on me all the time around work, but i'm making a move on the daughter. lmao again. only two more weeks till she's 18. we facebook n stuff all the time but i told her i'm not messing around w/ someone underage. lmfao.
who cares if she's 18 or 81, i bet that stuff is primo.  but it wouldn't be primo if she's 81 i guess.  lollers.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »
New annoyance: when old crappy dudes keep telling me to post up because I'm tall. Eventually I do; he'll get all excited and "feed the post," only to gasp in horror as I dribble it out to the wing and pop a 3.

stunz

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2010, 08:04:51 AM »
Try shooting jumpshots and fadeaway in the paint and hookshots from 3

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2010, 01:37:31 PM »
Today was a great day up at the barn.
Shalee Lehning showed up, she casually walked by the court while we were shooting around and waiting for enough people to show up for a full court game. She was shunned, no one said anything to her, she walked by another time and then finally asked if we were going to start up a game, we said yea she could play.  So we play, and she's on my team and after about the third or fourth missed shot she blames it on not being used to playing with a mans ball  :lol:.
I was the only one who started laughing. :confused: :embarrassed:
also denis was up there making it rain.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2010, 01:42:06 PM »
Today was a great day up at the barn.
Shalee Lehning showed up, she casually walked by the court while we were shooting around and waiting for enough people to show up for a full court game. She was shunned, no one said anything to her, she walked by another time and then finally asked if we were going to start up a game, we said yea she could play.  So we play, and she's on my team and after about the third or fourth missed shot she blames it on not being used to playing with a mans ball  :lol:.
I was the only one who started laughing. :confused: :embarrassed:
also denis was up there making it rain.
i wonder why denis isn't in las vegas working out with whores?

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
simple rule about shooting on the other end of the court during a game.  don't do it if you're so slow/unathletic that you can't get the ball and your fat ass of the court before the fast break comes back to the end you're shooting on.  otherwise it's a perfectly acceptable use of resources.
:thumbsup:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
question for regular pickup basketball players, if you are stuck with 8 guys playing 4 v. 4, do you prefer half court or full court? personally, i hate playing half court 4 v. 4; way too crowded and completely eliminates guard play

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
question for regular pickup basketball players, if you are stuck with 8 guys playing 4 v. 4, do you prefer half court or full court? personally, i hate playing half court 4 v. 4; way too crowded and completely eliminates guard play

Def full.   
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »
half court 4 - 4 is all guard play.  the more crowded the floor gets, the less room there is for any type of post play. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »
4 on 4 full court is really fun - probably more fun than 5 on 5 in most pickup situations.  Don't get the half court 4-4 "kills guard play" comment, though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
most 5 on 5 full court is actually 4 on 4 b/c you have 1 cp on each end of the floor  you need to account for

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:58 AM »
most 5 on 5 full court is actually 4 on 4 b/c you have 1 cp on each end of the floor  you need to account for

what is a cp?

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »
4 on 4 full court is the best. floor is spread & the game is at a faster pace.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »

what is a cp?

cherry picker

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16:51 AM »

what is a cp?

cherry picker
seriously, i think (k)rusty is a complete dumbass. don't you trim?