Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 183675 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »
SIDE NOTE: Always kind of awesome when said unathletic/lazy looking person simultaneously does same to you.  It's all jumpers and jogging for me and you, bro.  :cheers:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
Woops, had a  :cyclist: moment there -- that was one of those rec league games.  Our pg bailed on us last second, so we had to put a chucker in at the point.  The other team wisely pressed the entire game.  I think we probably set a record for turnovers in a game.

Worst pickup loss was probably more like 50 points against a group of football players.  Can't remember who it was, but one of them wouldn't even run back on defense - just stayed at the offensive end, waiting for us to miss, have one of his teammates rebound it, throw it crosscourt to him, then he could dunk it at his leisure.  My two shining moments in that game were:

1. a block of one of his ridiculously quick/strong/big teammates and
2. me NOT fouling said cherry picker thereby NOT giving him the 3-point play, which he was angling for on one of his myriad dunk attempts.  Suck it, cherry picker.

that probably was me

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »
Change the name of this thread to "Memoirs of a Pussy."
LOL

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »
I'm the dominque sutton(before he learned how to shoot the 3) of pugs. I cant shoot worth a crap but have a pretty decent drive. Spectacular defense is the name of my game, good for at least 1 steal and one turnover forced a game. Had a solid outing last week, averaged 1-2 points (1's and 2's to 12) 1 steal 3 rebounds and 1 "great hustle play" per game.

Basically I'm the guy you hate to play against since I play tough D and hustle. (Still normally get picked last though, that what I get for playing ball "The right way")

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
good day at the Y today - I tweaked my knee last Friday, but it was mostly just swollen so I played anyway.

Definitely made it rain w/ a Dominique-esque 3-3 performance from beyond the arc.  Also got a rebound w/ Miracle knee in the vicinity.  He eyed the ball, I raised my elbows, and he ran away like a bitch.   :cool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
good day at the Y today - I tweaked my knee last Friday, but it was mostly just swollen so I played anyway.

Definitely made it rain w/ a Dominique-esque 3-3 performance from beyond the arc.  Also got a rebound w/ Miracle knee in the vicinity.  He eyed the ball, I raised my elbows, and he ran away like a bitch.   :cool:

Good job.  Don't say your sorry for making him run.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »

Definitely made it rain w/ a Dominique-esque 3-3 performance from beyond the arc.  Also got a rebound w/ Miracle knee in the vicinity.  He eyed the ball, I raised my elbows, and he ran away like a bitch.   :cool:

You've made your point, dickbag.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »

Definitely made it rain w/ a Dominique-esque 3-3 performance from beyond the arc.  Also got a rebound w/ Miracle knee in the vicinity.  He eyed the ball, I raised my elbows, and he ran away like a bitch.   :cool:

You've made your point, dickbag.

I was being serious assface!  :curse:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
I'm gong to poster intimidate the ever-living f*ck out of you over the next couple of days.

Unless you'll share Haverhills tickets.  :cheers:

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »

Bump.

Since lunch with pissclams has failed, maybe Michigancat can give an update on lunch time basketball and fighting w/ Miracle Knee.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
I just wish my YMCA could have a successful lunch time pick up game crowd.  My Y is full of old people who can barely work the equipment (both in understanding and ability).  The only time that changes is between 4-6pm when all the working women fill the place for aerobics classes. 

The only time there is enough guys for a game is at 6am on Tues/Thurs mornings.  Then it is a 50+ crowd that plays half court.  Yawn.

Sucks, really.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
OT anything worse than rolling your ankle?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Yes, spraining (real sprain not that fake "Oh i 'sprained' my ankle I can walk it off crap) it. 

TWICE to me!

TWICE!

:angry:

Annyong

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
Once on the way to the mens room.

The other on the way to the car.

Judging by your voice, there is no way you can even muster the strength to pull off a layup.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
Yes, spraining (real sprain not that fake "Oh i 'sprained' my ankle I can walk it off crap) it. 

TWICE to me!

TWICE!

Sprained my left in the summer and now sprained my right.
Tempted to take a pic of my ankle on post on here looks like someone sewed in a softball and painted my foot blue.

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2010, 12:19:08 PM »

Bump.

Since lunch with pissclams has failed, maybe Michigancat can give an update on lunch time basketball and fighting w/ Miracle Knee.

Agreed  :cheers:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »

TWICE to me!

TWICE!

Tempted to take a pic of my ankle on post on here looks like someone sewed in a softball and painted my foot blue.

My condolences...

my last sprain cost me my dunks for about a year... :frown: 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »

TWICE to me!

TWICE!

My condolences...

Thats what worries me the most. What if it never comes back.... :frown:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
Used to play against a guy that played OL for Washburn for a couple seasons. I have a tendance to run over folks when driving the lane in pugs. Tried it on him one time and bout ended up losing a few teeth.  Brick wall. And I'm not small(6'-5"/280lbs).
Learned quickly to go around linemen when playing BB.

Had the exact same experience with Justin Swift on Clams' team he spoke about above.  Trying to body people is a lost cause.  Best to just slash and bomb 3s. 

guarded Goolsby  back in the day when I was a fatty grad schooler.   he posted me up pretty good but Darnell McDonald would never pass him the ball.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
My knee has been giving me problems, so I've been a little light.  Wednesday, I definitely DRAINED a Denis Clemente transition 3.  Things like that can just make an afternoon.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

TWICE to me!

TWICE!

My condolences...

Thats what worries me the most. What if it never comes back.... :frown:
Then it was never meant to be...

Annyong

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »
played and guarded chad may in the championships waaaaaaaaay back in the day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
Used to play against a guy that played OL for Washburn for a couple seasons. I have a tendance to run over folks when driving the lane in pugs. Tried it on him one time and bout ended up losing a few teeth.  Brick wall. And I'm not small(6'-5"/280lbs).

Had the exact same experience with Justin Swift on Clams' team he spoke about above.  Trying to body people is a lost cause.  Best to just slash and bomb 3s. 

guarded Goolsby  back in the day when I was a fatty grad schooler.   he posted me up pretty good but Darnell McDonald would never pass him the ball.

Goolsby was a very good ball player in HS

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »

guarded Goolsby  back in the day when I was a fatty grad schooler.   he posted me up pretty good but Darnell McDonald would never pass him the ball.
i have a crazy justin swift story.  it will go untold.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2010, 01:06:50 PM »
Finally. I've been waiting for this thread to turn into a "famous peeps that you played against one time" thread.

Once "no-jump layuped" the crap out of Nathan Leeper so bad that he turned to me and said, "you got me."