Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976967 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3375 on: May 14, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
Wish we had him from the get go for next season

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3376 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »
Wish we had him from the get go for next season

I bet he starts by conference play.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
angel saw the writing on the wall

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: May 14, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
angel saw the writing on the wall

I like this theory.........we'll go w/ it :emawkid:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
"Queens, NY - This past Saturday CourtCred was at IS 8, checking out the games before the playoffs start this week. It is always good to see local talent at IS 8, especially talent from Queens. Sometimes though local talent doesn't always stay local. For instance Jevon Thomas. Originally committed to St. Johns In 2012, Thomas reopened his recruitment and then committed to Dayton. Thomas would eventually leave NYC to play in NC (Quality ED) while finishing his high school/post grad career at St. Johns North West Military Academy (Wisconsin.) After changing his mind again, Thomas is going to be at Kansas State this season. Wow did this kid impress. He was clearly the best player on the court, standing at only 5'11. You can tell he has been working on his body, as he is very strong and cut up. He also took numerous hits to the floor but bounced right back up like a pogo stick. Playing in the BIG 12, you have to be tough. And this kid is. His speed, athleticism, strength and play making ability will make him dangerous in the BIG 12 next season. One trainer in the crowd was saying Thomas "is D-League ready right now". That is how in shape he is. Look for big things this year from Jevon."

http://courtcred.com/content/entry/well_traveled_ny_stars_jevon_thomas_elisha_boone_shine_at_is_8/
It is weird how when Jevon reclassified he lost his ranking. Scouts weren't high on him because they thought he was a problem child and was too weak. Now they believe he has improve both of those flaws and he is still not a ranked player. Jevon can flat out play and should be a joy to watch.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »
"Queens, NY - This past Saturday CourtCred was at IS 8, checking out the games before the playoffs start this week. It is always good to see local talent at IS 8, especially talent from Queens. Sometimes though local talent doesn't always stay local. For instance Jevon Thomas. Originally committed to St. Johns In 2012, Thomas reopened his recruitment and then committed to Dayton. Thomas would eventually leave NYC to play in NC (Quality ED) while finishing his high school/post grad career at St. Johns North West Military Academy (Wisconsin.) After changing his mind again, Thomas is going to be at Kansas State this season. Wow did this kid impress. He was clearly the best player on the court, standing at only 5'11. You can tell he has been working on his body, as he is very strong and cut up. He also took numerous hits to the floor but bounced right back up like a pogo stick. Playing in the BIG 12, you have to be tough. And this kid is. His speed, athleticism, strength and play making ability will make him dangerous in the BIG 12 next season. One trainer in the crowd was saying Thomas "is D-League ready right now". That is how in shape he is. Look for big things this year from Jevon."

http://courtcred.com/content/entry/well_traveled_ny_stars_jevon_thomas_elisha_boone_shine_at_is_8/
It is weird how when Jevon reclassified he lost his ranking. Scouts weren't high on him because they thought he was a problem child and was too weak. Now they believe he has improve both of those flaws and he is still not a ranked player. Jevon can flat out play and should be a joy to watch.

I'm thinking they don't rank prep school kids... Or The least they used to not rank them.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3381 on: May 14, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
I like my basketball players to have arms full of tats.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

can someone please photoshop his jersey in that picture to lavender with grey-to-black tonal strip on the shoulder and cursive "Wildcats"?  :love: :love: :love:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 14, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
His face looks like an Edvard Munch painting. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: May 14, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »

I'm thinking they don't rank prep school kids... Or The least they used to not rank them.

They do... for example Sutton he has was the ultimate prep player.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 14, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »

if you're saying that oscar weber is an artist and this upcoming kstate basketball team is going to be a masterpiece then i agree completely. get out your oils and your canvases guys, because it's going to be the golden era of kansas state basketball coming up in the old octagon of museums of history of art.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: May 14, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »

They do... for example Sutton he has was the ultimate prep player.

Hmm. Well, I have no idea WTF I was thinking then.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
"D League ready right now"   :ksu:

oscar is building a monster

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: May 14, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »

HEMIQ

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: May 14, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »

HEMIQ

:love:

Awesome work. Also, he looks a bit like this guy :sdeek:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: May 14, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »

HEMIQ

Oh, that's just fantastic.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: May 14, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »

Jevon Thomas...Our Wiggins!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: May 14, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »

Jevon Thomas...Our Wiggins!

Yep.  Basically the same skill level. 

Will be interesting to see how the media split hairs on these two with regard to picking who the favorite team to win the conf championship will be.  Will be a tough pick, but I would have to go with us.  I mean, we are the returning champs and even though we both picked up a truly elite recruit, you pretty much have to give us the benefit of the doubt on Jevon edging out Wiggins for most elite since everyone says that guards make the difference in deep tourney runs.

Other than Jevon slightly edging out Wiggins in who will have the most impact, our two teams are basically exactly a like right now.  Thank god our jerseys are elite Nikes and lil bro's are ugly third tier Adidas.  Otherwise, I honestly don't know if I could tell our two teams apart.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
from UW

Foster and Westicles
They are both set to play in the Texas high school all star games set for this Friday in San Antonio. Based on the classifications of their respective schools, Westicles will be playing in the 4A-5A game and Foster will be playing in the 1A-3A game. There are well over 10 DI signees in the 4A-5A game, including Westicles, Michael Williams(TCU), Jonathan Motley(Baylor), Derrick Griffin(Miami), and Tavario Miller(Texas A&M). The 1A-3A game features Foster, Dustin Thomas(Colorado), and Isaac Thornton(San Jose St). Full rosters for both games linked below.

http://www.tabchoops.org/allstarB.html

As had previously been reported here, Foster was named the TX 3A player of the year. Westicles was named 1st team All-Class 5A and was also named 2nd team All Greater Houston by the Houston Chronicle, see link below. It would have been great for them to do a short writeup on each player, but they did post pictures of most of them, Westicles is #6 on the slide.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/All-Greater-Houston-Winter-sports-2013-59774.php

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: May 15, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: May 15, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
Low BB recruiting IQ here, but does anyone know where to find full rankings by team for the 2013 classes? It's always fun with fball, but a cursory search and I'll I can find are the Top 25 rankings by team. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: May 15, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
Low BB recruiting IQ here, but does anyone know where to find full rankings by team for the 2013 classes? It's always fun with fball, but a cursory search and I'll I can find are the Top 25 rankings by team.

1.Foster-6’3 Fr SG-NR/NR
2.Westicles-6’7 Fr SF-NR/NR
3.Thomas-6’0 Fr PG-NR/NR
4.Fincher-6’9 Fr C-NR/NR
5.Johnson-6’1 Fr PG-NR/NR

On a hunch, I'm gonna guess "NR".

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: May 15, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »