Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976898 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3350 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
also, bullshit on purdue going after him. painter is just friends with oscar and lowery. that's it and nothing more. so it was basically us and miami (ohio). good job oscar.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »
6‘10 210 lbs
 :sdeek:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »
We are going to be TCU bad aren't we :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 11, 2013, 03:27:30 AM »

Really bad but not that bad. Also, TCU beat KU which ain't gonna happen for us.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 11, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »
Some of you negative nancies need to stfu and give oscar some time.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: May 11, 2013, 06:57:58 AM »

You're an idiot aren't you?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 11, 2013, 08:20:30 AM »
This is probably the best we could hope for once Dibo signed with hillbillies. I'm not crazy about having this kid locking up a scholarship for a year where he doesn't play, especially since lots of people don't think he has the motor to ever be an effective player at this level. On the other hand, a kid like this definitely needs a year off to put in some work and get perspective on where he is as a basketball player. I'm a little torn, but on the whole it's probably a good move.
Remember when we recruited kids who were talented and outworked everyone and now we recruit kids who use to be talented and are lazy effs? Good times!

So, wait, did you jump off of the oscar bandwagon? What happened? Good for you though, it was the right decision.
I was always "sarcastically" team weber. I knew the end was near, but this is really quick.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »
This is probably the best we could hope for once Dibo signed with hillbillies. I'm not crazy about having this kid locking up a scholarship for a year where he doesn't play, especially since lots of people don't think he has the motor to ever be an effective player at this level. On the other hand, a kid like this definitely needs a year off to put in some work and get perspective on where he is as a basketball player. I'm a little torn, but on the whole it's probably a good move.
Remember when we recruited kids who were talented and outworked everyone and now we recruit kids who use to be talented and are lazy effs? Good times!

So, wait, did you jump off of the oscar bandwagon? What happened? Good for you though, it was the right decision.
I was always "sarcastically" team weber. I knew the end was near, but this is really quick.

Ya fanning was never a real team weberer

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: May 11, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
Hard to really spin this late recruiting period as anything other then a complete disaster.  Both oscar and Lowry said we needed a big that could help right now.  We obviously failed to fill that need and we are going to be both small and crappy at pg next year.

Picking up this bolden kid has to be one of the worst ksu signings I can remember.  Not only does he suck but he's going to be a lazy team cancer type as well.  I've seldom been so confident that a ksu recruit is going to bust.  The rest of the class seems ok to me indivisually but the problem is you cant have a class of six just ok players and one nearly guaranteed turd.  Even if one or two of these kids exceed their non rankings it still won't be enough good players to be top half of the big 12. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Things I never thought I would say a year ago:  I hope Shane just shoots a million shots a game and tries to 'Melo this team.  I mean, just eff everybody/thing else.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: May 11, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
Things I never thought I would say a year ago:  I hope Shane just shoots a million shots a game and tries to 'Melo this team.  I mean, just eff everybody/thing else.

atleast he is hot!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3361 on: May 11, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »

Absolute best case is this and Gip rebounds out of his mind.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: May 11, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
I used to be on Team Wait and See but I think I've seen enough. The only question now is whether or not we bother to turn the lights off before we burn it down.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
I used to be on Team Wait and See but I think I've seen enough. The only question now is whether or not we bother to turn the lights off before we burn it down.

would be the green thing to do. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
6‘10 210 lbs

not sure if it makes you feel better but he's really 6-8 and 210

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: May 11, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
6‘10 210 lbs

makes me feel worse. Would prefer those 2 inches really badly seeing how rough ridin' short we are.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3366 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »
6‘10 210 lbs
This was my first reaction. DJamer and Gip will break him in half in practice.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: May 12, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
not sure what everyone is complaining about. lots of offers from high school. get him here, redshirt him, lift weights/get stronger and boom. curtis kelly 2.0. i like what oscar is doing here. you gotta get a little creative when you're the coach of kstate and it looks like he is. lots of tricks left up magician oscar's sleeve it appears. i wonder what basketball playing rabbit he'll pull out next?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: May 12, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »
not sure what everyone is complaining about. lots of offers from high school. get him here, redshirt him, lift weights/get stronger and boom. curtis kelly 2.0. i like what oscar is doing here. you gotta get a little creative when you're the coach of kstate and it looks like he is. lots of tricks left up magician oscar's sleeve it appears. i wonder what basketball playing rabbit he'll pull out next?

thanks for calming me down rd.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: May 12, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »

no problem. and before some negative nancy wants to come in here and post negative crap (because i know someone will want to), before you do ask yourself this...how many big12 basketball championships have i won as a coach? now if the number is less than two, i'd think long and hard about how relevant your opinion is. because from what i can tell, our head coach already has one and knows way more about basketball then you ever will so just shut up.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: May 12, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »

no problem. and before some negative nancy wants to come in here and post negative crap (because i know someone will want to), before you do ask yourself this...how many big12 basketball championships have i was as a coach? now if the number is less than two, i'd think long and hard about how relevant your opinion is. because from what i can tell, our head coach already has one and knows way more about basketball then you ever will so just shut up.

:emawkid: :excited:

Offline Wildcatsfan4248

• Fan
  • Bleed Purple.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
6‘10 210 lbs

makes me feel worse. Would prefer those 2 inches really badly seeing how rough ridin' short we are.

Word is he grew 2 inches last year. While it may be an exaggeration, some male athletes continue to grow until about 23 years old.  I believe someone mentioned earlier that he may be 7 feet tall by the time he graduates. I guess we won't truly know until he is on campus.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: May 13, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
6‘10 210 lbs

Word is he grew 2 inches last year. While it may be an exaggeration, some male athletes continue to grow until about 23 years old.  I believe someone mentioned earlier that he may be 7 feet tall by the time he graduates. I guess we won't truly know until he is on campus.

Yup will see soon enough.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: May 14, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
"Queens, NY - This past Saturday CourtCred was at IS 8, checking out the games before the playoffs start this week. It is always good to see local talent at IS 8, especially talent from Queens. Sometimes though local talent doesn't always stay local. For instance Jevon Thomas. Originally committed to St. Johns In 2012, Thomas reopened his recruitment and then committed to Dayton. Thomas would eventually leave NYC to play in NC (Quality ED) while finishing his high school/post grad career at St. Johns North West Military Academy (Wisconsin.) After changing his mind again, Thomas is going to be at Kansas State this season. Wow did this kid impress. He was clearly the best player on the court, standing at only 5'11. You can tell he has been working on his body, as he is very strong and cut up. He also took numerous hits to the floor but bounced right back up like a pogo stick. Playing in the BIG 12, you have to be tough. And this kid is. His speed, athleticism, strength and play making ability will make him dangerous in the BIG 12 next season. One trainer in the crowd was saying Thomas "is D-League ready right now". That is how in shape he is. Look for big things this year from Jevon."

http://courtcred.com/content/entry/well_traveled_ny_stars_jevon_thomas_elisha_boone_shine_at_is_8/

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:54 AM »
 :crossfingers: