Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 977020 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2225 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »
Coast 2 Coast Hoops ?@Coast2CoastHoop

UConn's Karl Hobbs will checkout '13 Long Beach Poly (CA) PF Jordan Bell.

FWIW, UConn's new coach, Kevin Ollie, is a native of LA. Oregon came in to see Bell last week.

If UConn offers, we're out.  If they don't, we may have a fighting chance.

Pretty much, but if they don't, oh man, it's the Bell/Atewe sweepstakes.

Who is better?  And when does Atewe plan on making a decision?

Atewe told GPC's Brett Regan he plans to make his decision on Nov 28, 1 wk after the early signing period is over.

Most indications are that Bell wants to sign early but he hasn't given a specific date that he wants to decide on yet.

As far as who is better, without having the luxury of having seen either 1 play, that can turn into a very subjective question. We can try to base it off their respective offer lists and their rankings. Bell appears to be the higher ranked prospect according to the national services - ESPN and Scout have him at 3* while Rivals appears to love what he brings to the table, ranking him as a Top 75 4* prospect. Atewe is not currently ranked by any of the national services, although NERR(a very solid site in my experience) has him ranked as the 4th best prospect in the state of MA for the Class of '13.

Offer wise, Bell is reportedly receiving the most interest from KSU, Oregon, and Clemson and as noted above, UConn is lurking. Atewe might actually have a more impressive offer list at this point(at least larger) with strong interest from KSU, Memphis, Marquette, Charlotte, Dayton, and St. Bonaventure. He's reportedly visiting Memphis this upcoming weekend.

The main thing we know about both of their games is that currently, their primary abilities are on the defensive end of the floor. Both are reported to be big-time shot blockers who can provide a major defensive presence but their offensive games would both be considered raw at this time. Atewe has a couple inches on Bell(6'9" to 6'7" - having stood within a couple feet of Atewe, I do believe he's a legit 6'9") but from what I can gather, Bell is more athletic.

All that said, I don't think it will be a major loss if we get Atewe over Bell or vice versa. If forced to choose, I would take Bell due to his better overall athleticism which would ideally lead to better versatility on the floor - but again not by a lot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:26:23 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: October 09, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Great stuff, U-Dub.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
Has it been established that Atewe wasn't aware of the NCAA calendar when he told Bart Raygun about the plans to announce the decision on his mothers birthday?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »
UConn's new coach, Kevin Ollie, is a native of LA. Oregon came in to see Bell last week.

i remember about two years back when i informed you morons that calhoun would retire over a summer so as to force uconn into hiring ollie, at least for a season.  and yet, when i tell you what's going to happen to kstate bball under weber you prefer your nazi ideology to reality.  dumbasses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: October 10, 2012, 07:32:49 AM »
roughly 100% of this board is in the same boat as far as their thoughts on what will happen to KState under Weber sys

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: October 10, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
UConn's new coach, Kevin Ollie, is a native of LA. Oregon came in to see Bell last week.

i remember about two years back when i informed you morons that calhoun would retire over a summer so as to force uconn into hiring ollie, at least for a season.  and yet, when i tell you what's going to happen to kstate bball under weber you prefer your sysboner ideology to reality.  dumbasses.

Hooray sys

:party:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
bask in it sys, just soak it all in  :cheers:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: October 10, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: October 10, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
roughly 100% of this board is in the same boat as far as their thoughts on what will happen to KState under Weber sys

steve dave, you are a fascist whore.  those who know weber to be evil and still support him are far, far worse than the merely foolish that hope against reason for his success.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »

steve dave, you are a fascist whore.  those who know weber to be evil and still support him are far, far worse than the merely foolish that hope against reason for his success.

ok, just no more parading around saying everyone but you thinks he's going to be good so you can bump it in two years and say "SEE!"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: October 11, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
ok, just no more parading around saying everyone but you thinks he's going to be good so you can bump it in two years and say "SEE!"

me always being right is just an interesting bit of trivia (and as another bit of trivia, i'm pretty sure i think he'll do better than most people have predicted.  his early recruiting is disappointing, but he won't miss the tourney until ar-t leaves).  your other point, however; is worth addressing because it is so wrong-minded and insidious.

you are what you post.  when you post nothing but optimism-tinged recruiting updates, you infuse the board with optimism, you induce support.  when you disparage former players and coaches, you hold up the present as better than the past.  when you discuss the coaching staff's and administration's mannerisms as adorable or charming, you imply your support.  you cannot have it both ways.  you can make stupid faces to your chortling friends as you march the jews off to their deaths, but you are still a murderer, still a nazi, still pure, naked evil.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

me always being right is just an interesting bit of trivia (and as another bit of trivia, i'm pretty sure i think he'll do better than most people have predicted.  his early recruiting is disappointing, but he won't miss the tourney until ar-t leaves).  your other point, however; is worth addressing because it is so wrong-minded and insidious.

you are what you post.  when you post nothing but optimism-tinged recruiting updates, you infuse the board with optimism, you induce support.  when you disparage former players and coaches, you hold up the present as better than the past.  when you discuss the coaching staff's and administration's mannerisms as adorable or charming, you imply your support.  you cannot have it both ways.  you can make stupid faces to your chortling friends as you march the jews off to their deaths, but you are still a murderer, still a nazi, still pure, naked evil.

translation:  sys loves oscar weber and can't wait until he can sit down in the OOD and watch some exciting oscar weber led k-state hoops action. 

operation:  domination, destination:  final four,  mission:  win,  reporting for duty:  sys

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: October 12, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
From Bossi, Atewe visiting Auburn this weekend.

Previous reports had Atewe planning to visit Memphis this weekend but it sounds like he'll be doing the War Eagle thing instead. I really couldn't say if his visit to Memphis will be rescheduled or not.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
Grats Te, 1st big time DCA recruit he snagged for the Terps, 4* combo G Roddy Peters.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8511344/roddy-peters-commits-maryland-terrapins

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: October 16, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
I don't think KSU was ever recruiting this kid, but it's (sorta) local, 6'9" Spain native Sebastian Saiz, who's playing his SR yr at Sunrise Academy in Wichita, has committed to Ole Miss. Rivals gave him 3* after the linked article below as written.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2012/10/15/sebastian-saiz-commits-to-ole-miss-plays-like-a-tougher-pau-gasol/

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: October 16, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Karrington-Ward-140617

According to Cassidy's update, Ward plans to visit KSU in late June. In addition to the offers listed on his profile, he's also recently picked up offers from Wichita St, Depaul, and Valpo. Stats from his FR yr at Kankakee linked below, team went 26-6. Ward was 1 of 3 FR to be named 1st team All-American in NJCAA(10 players total made the team). He's originally from Lockport, IL which is just outside of Chicago.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?category=stats&sid=4&divid=1&slid=2&collegeId=1297&teamid=118747&athleteid=345292&seasonselect=556

http://www.njcaa.org/sports_awards.cfm?category=Award%20Winners&sid=4&divid=1&slid=2

Ward committed to Eastern Michigan.

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2472:eastern-michigan-lands-karrington-ward&catid=34:recruiting

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: October 16, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
I don't think KSU was ever recruiting this kid, but it's (sorta) local, 6'9" Spain native Sebastian Saiz, who's playing his SR yr at Sunrise Academy in Wichita, has committed to Ole Miss. Rivals gave him 3* after the linked article below as written.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2012/10/15/sebastian-saiz-commits-to-ole-miss-plays-like-a-tougher-pau-gasol/

When did Sunrise start getting all these badass foreign kids?  Are they even KSHAA yet or do they still just travel?  Curious what the draw is for the foreign kids.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: October 16, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »

When did Sunrise start getting all these badass foreign kids?  Are they even KSHAA yet or do they still just travel?  Curious what the draw is for the foreign kids.

They've really just started to draw that top shelf international talent the past couple years. Article pasted below sort of addresses it but doesn't really get too in-depth. They are not KSHSAA and, as far as I can tell, really don't have plans to be.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/01/19/2181261/bob-lutz-sunrise-takes-different.html

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:26 PM »
Quote from: Compton Magic
Oregon and Kansas State will be at LB Poly to see the Magic's Jordan Bell in the morning. Magic Nation!

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: October 17, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
Bell says he's down to 4: KSU, UConn, Auburn, and Oregon. As far as I know, each of those schools has offered except UConn. He's planning on signing during the early period.

http://www.coast2coasthoops.com/content/jordan-bell-down-4-breaks-down-582/

Offline airupthere

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: October 17, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
Bell says he's down to 4: KSU, UConn, Auburn, and Oregon. As far as I know, each of those schools has offered except UConn. He's planning on signing during the early period.

They tweeted about 18 hours ago and said that all 4 of those teams have offered him.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »

They tweeted about 18 hours ago and said that all 4 of those teams have offered him.

I'm glad somebody has full twitter access during the daylight hours, thanks for the info.

Since Bell has recently referred to UConn as his "dream school" and Ollie is an LA dude, UConn probably has to be considered the favorite at this point. Still would be cool to bring Bell in for a visit and give it a shot.

Offline airupthere

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: October 17, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »

I'm glad somebody has full twitter access during the daylight hours, thanks for the info.

Since Bell has recently referred to UConn as his "dream school" and Ollie is an LA dude, UConn probably has to be considered the favorite at this point. Still would be cool to bring Bell in for a visit and give it a shot.
And the fact he wants to be a lawyer and UCONN has a law school as well.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

And the fact he wants to be a lawyer and UCONN has a law school as well.

Amazing pre-law program at KSU, yours truly can attest to that.

Plus never underestimate the power of the KSU/LB Poly/Curtis Allen pipeline.