Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976948 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
Bart Raygun piece quotes Atewe as saying he is going to commit on November 28 which is his mothers birthday. She passed away a couple years ago. Don't know if that had been noted before. Seems like a long wait.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 20, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
Bart Raygun piece quotes Atewe as saying he is going to commit on November 28 which is his mothers birthday. She passed away a couple years ago. Don't know if that had been noted before. Seems like a long wait.

It's also one week too late to sign an LOI, until April.  Still plenty of time for less honorable programs that swung and missed on other recruits to attempt to poach him.  :dunno:

NLI Signing Dates for Prospective Student-Athletes Enrolling 2013-2014:

Sport                              Initial Signing Date    Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period)     November 14, 2012   November 21, 2012
Basketball (Regular Period)  April 17, 2013          May 15, 2013
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 20, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »

It's also one week too late to sign an LOI, until April.  Still plenty of time for less honorable programs that swung and missed on other recruits to attempt to poach him.  :dunno:

NLI Signing Dates for Prospective Student-Athletes Enrolling 2013-2014:

Sport                              Initial Signing Date    Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period)     November 14, 2012   November 21, 2012
Basketball (Regular Period)  April 17, 2013          May 15, 2013

yeah, hopefully he just signs and keeps it quiet and does an announcement then or something.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 20, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
what if he meant 11/21?  would definitely give all of us reason to be thankful as we gather around the table the following day.  oh boy i am jacked.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 21, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 21, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
doesn't seem to have elite athleticism and never shows him shooting. kinda concerning.

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 21, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »
Brandon Parrish to TCU. UW, are we supposed to care about this one?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 21, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »

not uw, but don't think so. I think we are hunting for a big primarily.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 21, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »

not uw, but don't think so. I think we are hunting for a big primarily.

Parrish was 1 of the slew of wings we had reportedly offered(our 2 wing commits plus Alvin Ellis, Josh Hart, Nathan Hawkins, Jeff  Carroll, Chris Griffin, etc). In July, Parrish was talking about the ksu offer and a potentiall visit here. Then about 1 mo ago(when etherington was still our only commit) ksu completely dropped from his listwithout much explanation. I really don't know if he cut ksu from his list or if ksu just stopped recruiting him.

sd is right thoug I think, our focus right now is to land a big with the last spot in this class.  I was holding out hope that we put the full press on Buss Patterson, because I thought he was the best player still on our board, butour recruitment of him was clearly stopped when when Westicles committed. Even though a wing prospect like Carroll is still currecntly mentioining ksu, I would be very, very surprised if we took another wing in this class.

So in my best estimation of the situation, we got Westicles instead of Parrish or Carroll or Ellis etc. Parrish is ranked higher than Westicles but Idon't think that difference is enough to get mad about.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 21, 2012, 09:14:38 PM »
josh gray would appear to be open again, no? would we be able to go after him if we wanted him? not sure. probably not, huh? weird that that we didn't get him initially? dunno. thoughts?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 21, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
I was always concerned about his qualifying but is that all clear?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »
josh gray would appear to be open again, no? would we be able to go after him if we wanted him? not sure. probably not, huh? weird that that we didn't get him initially? dunno. thoughts?

My thoughts are go eff yourself and your bad attitude.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 22, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Alex Kline ?@TheRecruitScoop
2013 Long Beach Poly (CA) PF Jordan Bell tells me that Kansas State has offered him a scholarship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Bell-128638
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 23, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
doesn't seem to have elite athleticism and never shows him shooting. kinda concerning.
I was really impressed with his ballhandling and court vision though...especially for being 6'6
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: September 24, 2012, 07:25:43 AM »
Several commits from past/present KSU targets over the weekend - Alvin Ellis to Minnesota, Hassan Martin to Rhode Island, Peter Jok to Iowa, Tevon Saddler to UNC-Greensboro, and Donte Clark to Va Tech.

If you have Rivals sub, you can read roundup from Kline linked below.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1413017

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »
During his visit to KSU, Westicles was reppin the UA Grindsessions gear, it sounds like he played pretty well at the latest edition of that camp held in Houston(at his HS, Westfield). FWIW, KSU has also been recruiting Swift(see below), plus Dwayne Morgan and Keita Bates-Diop who are also mentioned in the linked report. According to the writer, Bates-Diop was the most impressive player at the camp:

"2014 four-star forward Melvin Swift and 2013 three-star wing Westicles were among the most athletic players in Houston on Saturday. Both thrilled spectators with above the rim finishes from morning until afternoon.

While Swift's play fluctuated from spectacular to just above average, Westicles showed good consistency in attacking the basket off the dribble, getting on the boards, running the floor and even knocking down open jumpers from the 3-point line.

A Kansas State commit, Westicles has all the tools to become a very good player in the Big 12 once he adds some more strength. He should be able to guard multiple positions with his size, at 6-foot-6, and athleticism."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1412783

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 24, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »
From the link posted right above, new big propsect on the radar(for our current staff at least). Junior Etou is a 6'8" 225 PF who is a native of the Congo, previously played HS ball at ACD in Jacksonville, FL but has transferred to Bishop O'Connell in Arlington, VA. Etou's AAU team is the DC Assault and our previous staff had been recruiting him back when Dalonte Hill was still here. What's old is new again I guess.

Etou reports current interest from Memphis, Cincinnati, Maryland, DePaul, Florida, Kansas State and West Virginia.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Junior-Etou-126262

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
Sounds like Etou has shown some faceup 4 and combo forward abilities:

"Junior Etou (DC Assault 2013) – Etou is a combo forward in the process of transitioning from the power forward spot out to the wing. If Wednesday morning’s game action is any indication the transition is going quite well. Etou made jump shots out to 18 feet and showed an ability to beat his man off the dribble. He also dominated the back boards against bigger front line players and scored inside through contact without a problem. If his handle and overall perimeter skills catch up to his athleticism over the next year, high majors will be lined up to secure his services."

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0711/hoop-group-elite-camp-tuesday/

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 25, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
 :emawkid:

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE and co.!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 25, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Quote from: @Rivals
2013 4-star SF Kuran Iverson lands at Memphis, @TheRecruitScoop story ($) ow.ly/1OBPcC
I think memphis has to be close to being full on scholarship. Bring Atwe to emaw  :eye:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 25, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 25, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »
Alex Kline ?@TheRecruitScoop
2013 Long Beach Poly (CA) PF Jordan Bell tells me that Kansas State has offered him a scholarship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Bell-128638

Bell sounds like an undersized PF who brings high-level athleticism, energy, and defensive ability. At various points throughout his recruitment, he's reported some fairly impressive offers - Texas, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, San Diego St., Memphis, Notre Dame. Tough to say who's at the top of his list right now but he did visit Oregon with a couple of his HS teammates last month.

http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketball/2012/07/24/recruiting-spotlight-jordan-bell/

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/2011/8/4/2345491/jordan-bell-usc-trojans-ucla-bruins-oregon-ducks-texas-longhorns-arizona-wildcats-recruiting

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5320901

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.