Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980917 times)

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2050 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
If you would have told me a few months ago that our 2013 class would have Foster, Westicles, and Atewe, I would have been pleasantly surprised. Mostly because of Atewe, but still, that's a pretty good class for only getting here at the end of last season. I think we will be happy with our assistant's abilities to recruit.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 19, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
Hopefully.   :ksu:

Hey, I'm driving the Marcus Foster bandwagon. It's going to take a lot to kill my hope for the kid.

"Marcus Foster (Dallas Mustangs 2013) – A 6’3” guard with a strong frame Foster knocked down perimeter shots in bunches. He has an ultra quick release and the confidence that every shot is going in, a lethal combination for any elite shooter. Foster also used his strength to finish around the rim but is clearly more comfortable scorching the nets from outside at this point."

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0611/2012-rumble-in-the-bronx-recap-part-ii/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 19, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
If you would have told me a few months ago that our 2013 class would have Foster, Westicles, and Atewe, I would have been pleasantly surprised. Mostly because of Atewe, but still, that's a pretty good class for only getting here at the end of last season. I think we will be happy with our assistant's abilities to recruit.

and because you might have bought into all the anti-oscar bullshit this emanating from this place

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »

and because you might have bought into all the anti-oscar bullshit this emanating from this place

Anti-Weber and anti-Currie, not anti-Weber's assistants.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 19, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
:flush:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: September 19, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
If you would have told me a few months ago that our 2013 class would have Foster, Westicles, and Atewe, I would have been pleasantly surprised.

why?

most coaches have one of their best classes in their first year (not the spring, the season following).  just an fyi.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: September 19, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
Atewe will next visit Charlotte and then Memphis on Oct. 12, according to Tariq Sbiet, who covers Canadian recruiting.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/09/19/hoops-recruiting-update-matt-atewe-lists-k-state-as-a-favorite-jeff-carroll-down-to-5/#storylink=cpy

Not scared of Charlotte, little scared of the Fedex. oscar did beat out Cankles a.k.a Josh Pastner for Darrell Johnson.

Yeah, Fedex empire is worrisome. Looks like they're right in the thick of things for other bigs Austin Nichols(5*), Dominic Woodson(4*), and Dwight Coleby(3*). We've got some interest out there for other bigs, but Atewe currently looks like our top target in that spot. He would be a real good recruiting victory for our staff and give some positional balance to this class.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: September 19, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »
Atewe currently looks like our top target in that spot. He would be a real good recruiting victory for our staff.

when someone says it seriously, it really hits you how sad it is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 19, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
No package deals from this staff, no direct AAU connection, it was going to take some time to build strong relationships to be able to reel in the higher level prospects, might in happen '14.

We've got some solid to potentially very good prospects lined up in this class and yeah, Atewe is (hopefully) 1 of them.

Atewe's offer list is really pretty similar to Henriquez, who ended up choosing KSU over Rhode Island, Virginia, and St. John's.

catzacker

« Reply #2059 on: September 19, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
So we're all supposed to start blowing each other over 3 player class of all non top 150 3* recruits? 

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 19, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
:facepalm:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 19, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
Foster and Westicles have made this class paletable.  A four star big would make it a good class.

The '12 class was pretty bad (second worst in memory) and the '14 potentials are very good, so we seem to be trending well.

:dunno:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 19, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
I don't know why people hate the 2012 class so much, In fact for a last second spring class it is actually pretty good.

MICHAEL ORRIS had offers from Illinois(Groce Staff), Pitt, and Nebraska. ESPN Ranked him 22nd pg.
DARRELL JOHNSON had offers from Alabama, Memphis and Va Tech.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 19, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »
So we're all supposed to start blowing each other over 3 player class of all non top 150 3* recruits? 

:bawl:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 19, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »

only if you're pissclams. most everyone else will actually look at the situation and discuss it rationally for what it is. dick suck central for that poster though. slurp, slurp.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »
I don't know why people hate the 2012 class so much, In fact for a last second spring class it is actually pretty good.

MICHAEL ORRIS had offers from Illinois(Groce Staff), Pitt, and Nebraska. ESPN Ranked him 22nd pg.

Offers get inflated in the spring.  Which class in the past 10 years is the '12 class better than?  or even equal to?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »

Offers get inflated in the spring.  Which class in the past 10 years is the '12 class better than?  or even equal to?

Better than 2008 (Awaji class)
Could be better than 2010, would say they are equal now, All players in 2012 & 2010 are players that should be judged in their Jr and Sr year.

Since Huggs
2007>2011>2009>2010=2012>2008

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: September 19, 2012, 11:01:13 PM »

Who the hell said that?

I've said multiple times this isn't going to be a top 25 class because there's no shot at that. What this class does have a shot is having some solid players(maybe even some damn good ones) on some competitive teams. What's really going to determine if we can compete in the upper tier of the B12 is if we're able to land a few of our higher ranked targets in future classes.

This class, IMO, is shaping up to be adequate but adequate doesn't necessarily let you compete deep into the postseason.  Just like everybody else here, I want to compete deep into the postseason. Looking forward to the development of our current roster, this class, and future classes to see if we have a shot to do that.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »

Could be better than 2010, would say they are equal now, All players in 2012 & 2010 are players that should be judged in their Jr and Sr year.

Since Huggs

Well, yeah, all classes can be better or worse than you think they are after they played out their time. I'm talking about how you would rate them after they are recruited, not after they have finished their careers.

Curtis Kelly was part of 08.  As for '10, even if you say Spradling/Asprilla = Orris/Johnson, which is debatable, you then add two rivals 150s to the 10 class. 

I'm not a burn-it-downer, I hope Orris/Johnson turn out to be way better than expectations, but, for me, it was the most disappointing class since Asbury's last year. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: September 19, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »

Since Huggs

Well, yeah, all classes can be better or worse than you think they are after they played out their time. I'm talking about how you would rate them after they are recruited, not after they have finished their careers.

Curtis Kelly was part of 08.  As for '10, even if you say Spradling/Asprilla = Orris/Johnson, which is debatable, you then add two rivals 150s to the 10 class. 

I'm not a burn-it-downer, I hope Orris/Johnson turn out to be way better than expectations, but, for me, it was the most disappointing class since Asbury's last year.
DJamer has a shoot at being the best player out of 2010 and 2012, at least what I have seen and heard about him.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
If you would have told me a few months ago that our 2013 class would have Foster, Westicles, and Atewe, I would have been pleasantly surprised.

why?

most coaches have one of their best classes in their first year (not the spring, the season following).  just an fyi.

Oh.....

Nevermind everyone! Burn it down!!!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »

why?

Oh.....

FYI. SYS is running out of material, Jakesie. He's trying to drag you down with him. Don't give in. I still can't believe they don't have anti depressants in Cali.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 20, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »
Oh.....

i'm not trying to pi you into burning anything you don't want to burn.  i legitimately don't understand your viewpoint.  i can understand the relentlessly positive, my-kstate-right-or-wrongers like fan and underdog.  i can understand the two-faced, cowardly sycophants like sd and i can understand the butthurt never-againers like myself.  but i don't understand how you could be anti-weber to start with, but change your mind based on his first five (call it six with the hypothetical atewe) recruits.  they're an objectively below big 12 average group.  they're an objectively below oscar weber's average group.  if you'd have asked me when hired if i thought his first two classes would be better or worse than a bunch of unranked, wing-heavy, three stars, some of which may well thought of by individual analysts or posters, most of which have multiple offers from quality mid-majors...  i'd have said not just better, but way better.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 20, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »
I guess my expectations were lower than yours. Also, I really thought that this class would be 2012-like, and assuming our commits end up in the top 150 like multiple sources have said, I think it will be significantly better than DJamer and Michael Orris. When you said that a coach's first class at a new school usually ends up being their best, I thought back on some bad to mediocre coaches, and how they somehow managed to get decent recruiting classes for their first year at a school, and then dropped off. I realized you were right. And then I recommitted myself to #teamburnitdown. Not because of PI, but because of (somewhat) logical thinking.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 20, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
This staff isn't built for the Short Run, Chet never recruit before and was in Germany, and it is Brooks first time recruiting High Majors, Lowery should of been our guy to Nab a Top 150 but he didn't. Also 2012 and 2013 just need to Support Angle, Gip and Diaz all of these guys more than panned out. 2014 needs to be awfully good.