Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980740 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2025 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16:14 AM »
If we landed Atewe I wouldn't feel bad about this class. I'm going to need some star power from here on out but with a limited time to work it would appear decent.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 19, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
if we get Atewe, I would be happy. I would also be okay with Brucing EMAPE and going after someone else too.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 19, 2012, 08:11:58 AM »
does anyone know if there are any eligibility issues he's going to run into now that NDP is on the NCAA's watch list? 

like sam cassell jr is dealing w/ @ maryland?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 19, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
does anyone know if there are any eligibility issues he's going to run into now that NDP is on the NCAA's watch list? 

like sam cassell jr is dealing w/ @ maryland?

I haven't heard about anything but I didn't realize NDP was on the watch list until last week when Goodman did that report on them.

At this point, I think we just hope that he hasn't taken any of the courses at NDP that the NCAA decided were uncredible and that he has a plan to take all the classes that do qualify as core curriculum requirements.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 19, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
i read about it a few weeks ago but there's very little information on the details around the watch list and the classes.  i suppose if they were anticipating an issue he could transfer.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:55 AM »
I imagine transferring is an option for Atewe if he absolutely must do it to meet the core requirements, but remember a big "in" for us here is that Chester played at NDP when their current HC(Ryan Hurd) was an AC there. If Atewe had to leave NDP, we might lose that familiarity between Frazier and Hurd, who appears to be playing a key role in Matt's recruitment.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 19, 2012, 08:44:29 AM »
ya i know chet played there but i assume the relationship has been built

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
if we get Atewe, I would be happy. I would also be okay with Brucing EMAPE and going after someone else too.

Did you go to the open practice? EMAPE looked like a major part of our offense.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 19, 2012, 09:17:39 AM »

Also, according to kstatesports, EMAPE is a junior.  Thought he played 2 years at St. Johns?
:adios:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2034 on: September 19, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »
If we landed Atewe I wouldn't feel bad about this class. I'm going to need some star power from here on out but with a limited time to work it would appear decent.

:thumbs:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2035 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »

Also, according to kstatesports, EMAPE is a junior.  Thought he played 2 years at St. Johns?

It was one.  He did the strange JUCO thing during his transfer year and essentially redshirted.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 19, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »

It was one.  He did the strange JUCO thing during his transfer year and essentially redshirted.
Do they do that just for affordable schooling since I don't think they can get a scholly?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »

Do they do that just for affordable schooling since I don't think they can get a scholly?

I think we had an arrangment with Cloud where they just put our guys on scholly for a year while they redshirt and we don't have to use one of our scholarships. I have no clue what Cloud got out of the deal. A practice body?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
This is great

"WHAT IF THEY WERE FOOTBALL STANDOUTS?

2013 MARCUS FOSTER
School: Wichita Falls Hirschi
Projected football position: Free safety
Analysis: Foster, a Kansas State commit, is a player who likes contact. As a 6-foot-2, 185-pound point guard, he's always found in the paint driving to the lane looking to draw the foul. He has the makings of being a good safety who likes to mix it up in passing situations."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1411173

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 19, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
 :thumbs: :dance:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: September 19, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »
Quote from: Source Hoops
Schuyler Rimmer top 5 schools are Tenn, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Virginia & Southern Cal per Q6 coach Willie Anderson

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 19, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
This is great

2013 MARCUS FOSTER
Analysis: Foster, a Kansas State commit, is a player who likes contact. As a 6-foot-2, 185-pound point guard, he's always found in the paint driving to the lane looking to draw the foul. He has the makings of being a good safety who likes to mix it up in passing situations."

Is Weber going to let our guys try to get to the rim and draw contact?  Serious question.  The highest one of his teams has ever ranked in FTR is 151 in the country.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 19, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
This is great

2013 MARCUS FOSTER

Is Weber going to let our guys try to get to the rim and draw contact?  Serious question.  The highest one of his teams has ever ranked in FTR is 151 in the country.

It's not about "letting" guys drive to the bucket, if a player has the ability to get the rim and draw fouls, it will happen.

Hopefully Foster will bring that ability to KSU.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 19, 2012, 03:30:26 PM »
oscar sure as eff isn't going to be able to stop angel from driving and drawing

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »
This is great

2013 MARCUS FOSTER

It's not about "letting" guys drive to the bucket, if a player has the ability to get the rim and draw fouls, it will happen.

So he's basically not had anybody with that ability ever. Got it.

Man, he's going to really love having some dobercats to work with.   :dance:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 19, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Atewe will next visit Charlotte and then Memphis on Oct. 12, according to Tariq Sbiet, who covers Canadian recruiting.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/09/19/hoops-recruiting-update-matt-atewe-lists-k-state-as-a-favorite-jeff-carroll-down-to-5/#storylink=cpy

Not scared of Charlotte, little scared of the Fedex. oscar did beat out Cankles a.k.a Josh Pastner for Darrell Johnson.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
This is great

2013 MARCUS FOSTER

So he's basically not had anybody with that ability ever. Got it.

Man, he's going to really love having some dobercats to work with.   :dance:

You do realize that Illinois wing Brandon Paul got to the line last season more than any other KSU player, right?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 19, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Yes, I exaggerated, with the "ever" crack.  He did get to the line a lot.   But you know what he did a lot more?  Put up jump shots.  Lots of jump shots.  His FTR would have been sixth on our team last year.

If a wing's primary skill is getting to the rim, I don't much care about him with oscar as our coach.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 19, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »
Yes, I exaggerated, with the "ever" crack.  He did get to the line a lot.   But you know what he did a lot more?  Put up jump shots.  Lots of jump shots.  His FTR would have been sixth on our team last year.

If a wing's primary skill is getting to the rim, I don't much care about him with oscar as our coach.

OK, thanks for sharing.

But just so know, getting to the rim is not Foster's only skill, he can also knock down jumpers from mid-range and deep - hopefully that ability will consistently translate to high major ball.

Weber is going to give his guards and wings a lot of freedom and it was oversight(you can even call it a failure) from his time at Illini to not bring in players who excelled at beating people off the dribble and getting to the rim. Hopefully, that's a lesson learned.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
Hopefully.   :ksu: