Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 981084 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2000 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »
Really need a big now

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2001 on: September 17, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
Eric Bossi

Post #5360
Olathe, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Westicles Commits... Makes #3   Reply
I think that height is a mis-type. Westicles is 6-foot-5 at best. Lanky, pretty athletic and can shoot a little. Of the KSU commitments, I like him the best now and think he has the most long term upside.
9/17 7:19 PM | IP: Logged

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
RIP Buss  :dunno: or maybe the staff is at the point Atwe or bust for bigs.   :sdeek:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 17, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »
Also suck taint Larry Brown and your World Wide Wes assembled super staff!!!!!!!!!!!  :comehere: :comehere: :comehere:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 17, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
five in a row.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:49 PM »
RIP Buss  :dunno: or maybe the staff is at the point Atwe or bust for bigs.   :sdeek:

Really don't know what to think about Buss. I mean, is our staff still having that in-home visit with his family tomorrow?

I really thought he was the best player available on our radar but to me, it would seem to be pretty short-sighted to sign 4 guys in the same class best suited to play the 2-3 and not 1 of them having the ballhandling skills of a primary handler.

If we elect to not get another big in this class, that must mean the staff must really like the trio of Diaz, Gip, and DJamer - but still  we wouldn't have a lot of depth there(Nino has a lot to prove to fit into that category simply due to lack of size). Would put an absolute premium on signing a big for '14.

Maybe we're planning on spring Brucing?  :dunno:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »
More Westicles

Offline airupthere

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/CantGuard3 Check out Aquille Carr's retweet from Sept. 5th... Screw you Seton Hall! He is all Chet's!  :crossfingers:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 18, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »
Really need a big now

The one thing I always hated about the Wooldridge era were the undersized bigs that couldn't protect the rim.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: September 18, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
Really need a big now

The one thing I always hated about the Wooldridge era were the undersized bigs that couldn't protect the rim.

Yeah, that one thing sucked.

Oh, also all the losing.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »
Jr: Shane, Doc, EMAPE
So: Angel, Gip, Diaz, Nino
Fr: Orris, DJamer
'13: Foster, Iwandu, Ethrington, 4th guy

Setting aside any #burnitdown or #bruceketball biases, can anyone talk me off the ledge for our basketball team after this year, and especially after Angel and co. are gone?  Really counting on you UW.  Basically I need to hear that DJamer, Foster, and Iwandu are all way underrated by most of the recruiting services and we will still be able to go to NCAA Basketball Tournaments in late March.
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 18, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
our need for a big has been constant, this commitment doesn't change that.  it's a glaring problem as i look at the make up of our team and can't wait for b'dub to sign a 5 star stud to address the issue.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
our need for a big has been constant, this commitment doesn't change that.  it's a glaring problem as i look at the make up of our team and can't wait for b'dub to sign a 5 star stud to address the issue.

Yes.  No doubt that happens. 

:dance:<- Me just thinking about it.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 18, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

Pretty sure oscar will bring this puppy home with a nice stretch four or face-up five.  Skinny, but he'll have the green light to shoot the three ball.  How's that sound 'sclams?  Rhetorical.  Pretty rough ridin' great is how it sounds.  Like oscar just tucked you into bed with a nice fresh blanket right out of the dryer on a cold night.  The La Hacienda of big-man recruiting?  I dare say so.  :bball:  Bruceketmaw! 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 18, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
i know you indicated that your question was rhetorical, but i'm answering that bitch anyway.  it sounds fantastic.

i hope oscar gets a purple suit for his first game in the OOD which is coming up a little more than a month out.  i bet we win by 30.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 18, 2012, 10:09:46 AM »
Jr: Shane, Doc, EMAPE
So: Angel, Gip, Diaz, Nino
Fr: Orris, DJamer
'13: Foster, Iwandu, Ethrington, 4th guy

Setting aside any #burnitdown or #bruceketball biases, can anyone talk me off the ledge for our basketball team after this year, and especially after Angel and co. are gone?  Really counting on you UW.  Basically I need to hear that DJamer, Foster, and Iwandu are all way underrated by most of the recruiting services and we will still be able to go to NCAA Basketball Tournaments in late March.

Looking at '13-'14, we're losing 2 of our 3 best players and the way things are looking right now, we're not going to have an immediate impact player in the Class of '13. So we're really going to be relying on current roster improvement and most notably scoring punch from the wing will be needed.  I'm really high on Foster and Westicles looks like he has a lot of potential but I don't think either 1 of them is going to be able step in right away and be a consistent scoring threat. Sprads, Shane, and EMAPE(the wildcard) - at least 1 of those guys is really going to have to step up his play.

Diaz, Gip, and DJamer have the makings of a solid trio in the post, would like to see Diaz add some more strength and improve his offensive skill in the paint, IMO, he could really wind up being a difference maker for us.

In regard to replacing Angel, there are a few PG's we've been in contact with for '13 such as Jevon Thomas, Jalen James, and Isaiah Taylor(Thomas is the most intriguing to me) but I have no clue how we would try to fit them in to this class.

That brings us to the Class of '14 and it does appear that finding a high level PG is a top priority for this staff in that class(currently JR's in HS). No fewer than 6 offers to prospects who are rated at least 4* according to at least 1 recruiting service - Clay Custer, Lourawls Nairn, Larry Austin, Kaleb Joseph, Dominique Collier, and Jaquan Lyle. We'll see how that goes.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »
i know you indicated that your question was rhetorical, but i'm answering that bitch anyway.  it sounds fantastic.

i hope oscar gets a purple suit for his first game in the OOD which is coming up a little more than a month out.  i bet we win by 30.

He only does blazers.  He's not Steve Harvey (unfortunately).  He'll definitely have a purple one.  He'll do a "Paint the OOD Purple" promotion and wear it then.  :emawkid:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
He only does blazers.  He's not Steve Harvey (unfortunately).  He'll definitely have a purple one.  He'll do a "Paint the OOD Purple" promotion and wear it then.  :emawkid:

I can't wait for the promo video with a giant bucket of purple paint pouring into the OOD.  :D

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 18, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
I think we can score Nancy Negatives 3 vs Peggy Positives 0 , in the Bruceketball Challenge, is he trying to usurp the WRSOAT title from his football compatriots.  :curse:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
I think we can score Nancy Negatives 3 vs Peggy Positives 0 , in the Bruceketball Challenge, is he trying to usurp the WRSOAT title from his football compatriots.  :curse:

Hey, it's not in Ken Bone territory(what is?), but there could be some solid pieces here for some competitive teams down the road.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 18, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=4827

Matthew Atewe is one of the most sought after big men in the country, and over the weekend he took an official visit to Kansas State. Atewe took time about to talk about the visit and what information he got from it.

“Visit went well, and I’m going to set up two more so far,” said the 6’9 Canadian power forward. “I just loved the whole family environment and the fact that I can always be around the coaching staff and not feel awkward.”

The coaching staff left a lasting impression on the Notre Dame Prep senior.

“Their very personable and can relate to what you’re going through,” he added. “I also loved that the team was like a family and all the fans are crazy about the team as well.’

“They also showed me how they play and I liked that as well, Just a great visit overall.”

Atewe has not made a choice on what two other schools he would be visiting. It’s kind of difficult when you have to choose from over 15 division 1 schools.

Atewe claims KSU to be the favorite at this point but he’s still wide open in his recruitment.

:cheers: So glad he doesn't know what other schools to check out.  :emawkid:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25:04 PM »
What a scoop, Mixed-Nuts! WHAT A SCOOP!!!

(seriously)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 18, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Solid MN.  :thumbs:

Why is he focused on taking 2 other visits regardless of location? If EMAW was the right fit(sounds like he might be thinking that) then just roll with that.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
Seems I remember another good player from Fitchburg in KSU's past.