Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 981146 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1925 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »
pretty low basketball recruiting IQ but Foster seems like a great get. the Alex kid from Indiana not so much. With the last 2(?) spots we have left who do we have to land to please #teamburnitdown

Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Brucey had great classes at Illinois. Team #burnitdown cares about wins, and is very loosely swayed by recruits either way.
:adios:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 10, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
pretty low basketball recruiting IQ but Foster seems like a great get. the Alex kid from Indiana not so much. With the last 2(?) spots we have left who do we have to land to please #teamburnitdown

Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Brucey had great classes at Illinois. Team #burnitdown cares about wins, and is very loosely swayed by recruits either way.

Thank you for this 8manpick didn't know if there was anything that could be done between now and the start of the season to unite the base before the season.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1927 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »

Thank you for this 8manpick didn't know if there was anything that could be done between now and the start of the season to unite the base before the season.
it's an unfortunate situation

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1928 on: September 10, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »

Winning will unite the base, if he is a consistent winner we will all stfu and give him credit.  He won't though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 AM »
Yep, every time we offer a kid that I'd normally be really happy about, my subconscious says, "WGAF?  Look what he did with the talent he recruited to Illinois."  Then I get depressed and look at Asava's Gif Thread.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 11, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 11, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
Known Big options still on the table for this class are Atewe, Henry, V. Brown, H. Martin, Gavin Schilling and maybe Marquise Pryor and Fallou Ndoye.

Akoy Agau and Joel Embid are a couple other bigs KSU has been in contact with but I don't think the odds are high that KSU can land them.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 11, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »

Alex Etherington mix tape.

More Etherington highlights.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1933 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »

Alex Etherington mix tape.

More Etherington highlights.

That kid can jump.  The dunk at 1:20 was pretty "Wow".

He looks much smoother in this video, which I presume is a lot of footage from the summer circuit.  He slashes well and seems decisive when he gets the ball.

I'm still shaky on him, though, and probably unfairly so.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
Yep, every time we offer a kid that I'd normally be really happy about, my subconscious says, "WGAF?  Look what he did with the talent he recruited to Illinois." Then I get depressed and look at Asava's Gif Thread.

Coached them to a national title game appearance?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
Yep, every time we offer a kid that I'd normally be really happy about, my subconscious says, "WGAF?  Look what he did with the talent he recruited to Illinois." Then I get depressed and look at Asava's Gif Thread.

He didn't recruit that talent there, dumbass.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »

you are the worst

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 11, 2012, 10:44:29 PM »

you are the worst
I mean I still think you're a troll, that's how bad you are.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

frank didn't recruit his first year's talent either, how far did he go?  nvm, oscar went farther, therefore, oscar > frank.  phew, so glad we finally cleared that up.  #teamputitout

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »
Etherington appears good in those highlights.  I'm just afraid he's not gonna be fast or quick enough.  I.e. Good player off the bench. Might start at creighton or penn state or somewhere like that. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 12, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »

frank didn't recruit his first year's talent either, how far did he go?  nvm, oscar went farther, therefore, oscar > frank.  phew, so glad we finally cleared that up.  #teamputitout
I know what you're doing, but still. So Frank is better with his own players than oscar is.  oscar had much deeper talent than Frank had in their first years.  #burnitdown #hidetheextinguishers

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 12, 2012, 07:08:09 AM »
Etherington seems to have a D1 college basketball body and athleticism which is nice

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 12, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
I like #teamputitout as an opposing idea, good one clams

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 12, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
So, who is our best option left on the table at this point.

Foster's AAU teammate, Jeffrey Carroll?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jeffrey-Carroll-121993

The only problem I see, is they look like the same Nick Russellish player.  Good shooting stroke, not very physical or athletic.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 12, 2012, 08:18:37 AM »

thx 8man, there's a lot of different ways to put it out including several different classes of fire extinguishers.  believe me, i struggled when trying to figure out how i'd put the fire out but then it dawned on my to just use good ol' fashioned indisputable, impermeable, logic.   

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:37 AM »

thx 8man, there's a lot of different ways to put it out including several different classes of fire extinguishers.  believe me, i struggled when trying to figure out how i'd put the fire out but then it dawned on my to just use good ol' fashioned indisputable, impermeable, logic.
Can't wait until you start using it.
Boom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
So, who is our best option left on the table at this point.

Foster's AAU teammate, Jeffrey Carroll?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jeffrey-Carroll-121993

The only problem I see, is they look like the same Nick Russellish player.  Good shooting stroke, not very physical or athletic.

In terms of style of play, neither Foster nor Carroll is really similar to Nick Russell. Russell was/is a lanky 6'4" whose strengths were facilitating and playmaking. Not that he wasn't a decent shooter and he still might end up being a very good one at SMU but honestly his offensive skills were probably best suited to play PG but his lack of quickness/footspeed made it difficult for him to guard opposing PG's.

First and foremost, Foster is a scorer and he can do that by draining jumpers from deep, from mid-range and he has the athleticism to take it strong to the rim and finish. While he can knock bunches of perimeter shots in a hurry, he is more of a scorer than shooter at this point. He's better suited for the 2 than the 1 at this point. It's really his ballhandling, passing, and playmaking skills that he needs to improve in order to see any time at the 1.

Watching Carroll's highlight vids, I was actually fairly impressed with his athleticism but, again, he does not appear to be a standout ballhandler or passer. I like his jumpshot from mid-range. I think he really needs to put on some solid weight but I think his length and athleticism will allow him to compete in high major ball and I think that's why he's received so many offers.

So in summary

Russell --> Lanky playmaker with enough scoring to keep defenses honest but not overwhelming athleticism

Foster --> Physical scorer who needs to work on his playmaking skills

Carroll --> Long, athletic wing with nice shot but still could use some improvement there

This does not guarantee Foster and Carroll having more success than Russell at KSU, but stylistically, none are really that similar.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
we need another big

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:07 AM »
we need another big

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing us locking up Atewe in the near future. Sounds like at the very least he can provide a physical, shot blocking presence.

Demetrius Henry's athleticism and offensive ability looks pretty intriguing but he's said he wants to sign late and I'm not sure if we can wait on him, or if we could even land him if we did.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 12, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
Etherington seems to have a D1 college basketball body and athleticism which is nice

:thumbs: oscar is a well-known recognizer and appreciator of good basketball bodies.  It's his number one basketball coaching skill. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.