Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980881 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1775 on: August 22, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »
Bossi
Kansas small forward Semi Ojeleye tells me that he's down to Duke, Indiana, Oregon and Stanford. Visits not set yet. Full story in A.M.

Oregon are you efffing me, HOW?

you'd pick K-State over Oregon?  why?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: August 22, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
"While establishing himself as a player, Ojeleye also takes pride in helping to further establish his summer program MoKan Elite on the national level.

"It just started with the guys before me like the Willie Cauleys and the Alec Burks," said Ojeleye. "They worked hard and gave us the opportunity. We felt like it was our duty to represent the program coming up from what they had started."

:blank:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1399541

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 22, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Bossi
Kansas small forward Semi Ojeleye tells me that he's down to Duke, Indiana, Oregon and Stanford. Visits not set yet. Full story in A.M.

Oregon are you efffing me, HOW?

you'd pick K-State over Oregon?  why?

Dana Altman < oscar Weber ..... Atleast Weber has won at the highest level.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
Sounds like Foster and Carroll will both be visiting KSU weekend of Miami game, will take.

Recent Carroll highlight vid. 

Thanks for posting this Panj.

Stroke looks decent, got that set shot going from deep, shooting the jumper from mid range. Given his height(6'5") and for DI purposes, would like to see him be able to shoot the jumper from deep, he can probably develop that over time.

It looks like he was more of a 4/5 man for his HS team(which I guess isn't terribly surprising) and stepped out and shot 3's once a while. Regardless of position, looks like he has good quickness, athleticism, and reaction time(in these clips at least), could probably stand to put on some solid LBS. He's got a decent offer list(most impressive probably from Oklahoma, San Diego St., SMU, Rhode Island, Nebraska, and St. Louis - totaling 15), presumably as a wing.

Certainly can't tell the whole picture from it, but it's part of the puzzle. We'll see what happens from here.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 23, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
Atewe now ranked #4 in MA for '13 according to NERR, jumping 3*'s Jamel Artis and Anthony Dallier.  :party:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/rankings/massachusetts.php

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: August 23, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »
From a couple weeks ago, KSU in Alvin Ellis' top 4 along w/ Minnesota, Northwestern, and Wichita St. This isn't included in the article but it sounds like he plans to visit the Minnesota the weekend of 9/21:

"Now Ellis, who will undoubtedly have a few more suitors try to jump in the mix after wrapping up his AAU summer, has four schools that stand out: Northwestern, Kansas State, Minnesota and Wichita State.

"There could be a few more that jump in, but right now our focus will be on the four that are on the table and that we want to get to know better," says Alvin Ellis, Sr. "Alvin visited Northwestern, and we want to get to Kansas State, Minnesota and Wichita State. Those are really the four we're looking at."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2012/08/de_la_salle_hit_hard_but_alvin.html

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »
Hope we can get Ellis down here sooner than later, I could see both Foster and Carroll committing shortly after their visit and then the staff finishing the class with a big(getting Atewe after his visit). I could see the class being done in about month looking like this:

Marcus Foster
Jeffrey Carroll
Alex Etherington
Matthew Atewe

I would personally rather have Ellis than Carroll.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1782 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
Hope we can get Ellis down here sooner than later, I could see both Foster and Carroll committing shortly after their visit and then the staff finishing the class with a big(getting Atewe after his visit). I could see the class being done in about month looking like this:

Marcus Foster
Jeffrey Carroll
Alex Etherington
Matthew Atewe

The problem is that we took Etherington way too early.  What should have happened is that we ended up with Foster, Carroll, Ellis, and Atewe.
l
If Etherington gets us Bluett (sp?), then it's worth it.  If not, we should have gotten Ellis and Carroll.

Honestly, Carroll or Ellis...doesn't really matter.  I think Carroll has a higher ceiling if you can work out some of the mechanical stuff and put some weight on him.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 24, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »

Marcus Foster
Jeffrey Carroll
Alex Etherington
Matthew Atewe

The problem is that we took Etherington way too early.  What should have happened is that we ended up with Foster, Carroll, Ellis, and Atewe.
l
If Etherington gets us Bluett (sp?), then it's worth it.  If not, we should have gotten Ellis and Carroll.

Honestly, Carroll or Ellis...doesn't really matter.  I think Carroll has a higher ceiling if you can work out some of the mechanical stuff and put some weight on him.

Good points guys. I would be alright with landing either Carroll or Ellis, Ellis might bring a little more physicality and more of a defensive mentality early while Carroll looks like he has a longer frame. They both look to be at least solid high major athletes and they both look like they could de dependable spot up shooters over time.

At this point, it's tough to say where we stand with the several other wings on our radar. Wes Westicles, Chris Griffin, and Brandon Parrish have all reported KSU offers on several instances and all have been reported to be setting up visits to KSU at 1 time or another.

With KSU being in pretty good shape with Foster and with him seemingly close to the end of the process, you have to wonder how his decision may affect Carroll, especially their both taking their 1st official visit anywhere to KSU at the same time.

Sam Singer might POSSIBLY be a wild card, given his versatility on the perimeter, if a combo guard such as Foster were to commit to KSU, I don't think it would be a bad thing to continue to recruit Singer as part of this class, but given the high # of wings we're after in this class, 1 combo guard looks like the limit.

The other big question I'd have is would our staff want to wait on Demetrius Henry? He's really the most sought after and highest rated prospect still on our board. In a couple recent updates, he's stated he wants to sign in the spring and not really decide until after this season. If we were fortunate enough to have a big like Atewe, who's skillset is much different than Henry's, want to commit this fall would we tell him to wait until Henry decides or would we just cut our losses and take Atewe?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: August 24, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
Recent update on Henry from W. Va site, W. Va. just recently offered, brief highlights embedded in update.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1399088

Recent highlights of Henry playing AAU ball

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/sport-basketball-boys/demetrius-henry-hoops-spotlight-highlights

Interview with Team Breakdown's Henry, Malik Price-Martin, and Zach Johnson(to the best of my knowledge, KSU not recruiting Johnson at this time.)

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/sport-basketball-boys/miami-hoops-festival-zach-johnson-malik-price-martin-and-demetrius-henry

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: August 24, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
Adrian Diaz and Angel Rodriguez are in Miami this weekend to go to "Shaky" Rodriguez' retirement ceremony, I wouldn't be surprised if they recruited/talked to Sam Singer when they are down there. Sam Singer played for Shaky this summer for his AAU team. 

Offline D-tron

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
I know its been said, but I want to thank UW for all his recruiting contributions.  Nice job bro. 

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
I know its been said, but I want to thank UW for all his recruiting contributions.  Nice job bro.

Thanks man :thumbs:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 27, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
ITK friend of goEMAW tells me Marquette is making a late push for Foster and will probably be added to his list of finalists.   :frown:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »
Scoops McGee...

Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett
Jordan Mathews, a 4-star guard out of Santa Monica, Cali., will take an official visit to K-State this weekend. Full story later.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
From last weekend in Vegas, not bad:

"* Jordan Mathews always plays hard and his shooting keeps getting better. He hit a couple threes and long two-point jumpers in Cal Supreme’s victory over the Oakland Soldiers. "

"Jordan Mathews is looking to trim his list to five and has five standouts – USC, Indiana, Marquette, Kansas State and Gonzaga. "

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1206201.html

Recent update from Kline:

UTEP, San Diego, California, San Diego State, Wake Forest, USC, Marquette, Gonzaga, Colorado, TCU, Kansas State and VCU have all offered Mathews, whose father is an assistant coach at UCLA. Interest is also coming in from UConn, Indiana, Texas A&M and Kansas.

"Nothing is set in stone yet, but visits are being setup to California, Marquette, Gonzaga and Wake Forest," he told Rivals.com.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1398676

As Mathews himself stated, nothing is set in stone in the recruiting world, but I think a reason why KSU isn't towards the top of his for receiving a visit is Foster chopping list down to 2 and visiting KSU on 9/8. Mathews and Foster primarily project as 2 guards with the possibility of being combo guards who can really both shoot from deep and score at a high level. They both sound like solid to very good prospects but it would be doubtful if we could have room for both in this class.

Nothing is set in stone!

Still hope we can hold off Marquette for Foster, but Mathews is 1 solid alternative, might be a tougher pull though given the overall odds, IMO.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »
Kellis be scoopin...

Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett
Two more confirmed K-State basketball visits for next weekend (Sept. 8): Dallas Mustangs teammates Jeffrey Carroll and Marcus Foster.

:emawkid: :dance:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 27, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
Sounds like Foster and Carroll will both be visiting KSU weekend of Miami game, will take.

Don't get too cocky there, Kellis.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 28, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
you'd think he'd check goEMAW more than once every 10 days.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 28, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
4 visits in the next few weeks. If Weber could bat .500 I'd be pretty pleased.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Kellis does get the scoop on Westicles visiting this upcoming weekend, same as Mathews. Writeup featuring Westicles, Mathews, Carroll, and Foster linked below.

Good job Kellis.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/08/27/basketball-recruits-jeff-carroll-marcus-foster-wesley-Westicles-and-jordan-mathews-ready-to-visit-kansas-state/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 28, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
Kellis does get the scoop on Westicles visiting this upcoming weekend, same as Mathews. Writeup featuring Westicles, Mathews, Carroll, and Foster linked below.

Good job Kellis.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/08/27/basketball-recruits-jeff-carroll-marcus-foster-wesley-Westicles-and-jordan-mathews-ready-to-visit-kansas-state/

yeah, that was a surprising flourish of good info from our guy kellis

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
The Foster article on the Creighton Rivals board is pretty funny.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 28, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
The Foster article on the Creighton Rivals board is pretty funny.

Yeah, it featured a lot of LOL comments.

Objectivity(and reality) could not be found in it.