Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980955 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 23, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
I had never really heard of Hart being referred to as a big time scorer before, but it sounds like he's improving in that area:

"Josh Hart has been regarded by the Rivals staff as one of the best scorers in the 2013 class for a long time with his athletic slashing ability and creativity around the basket. Over the course of the Peach Jam, the 6-foot-5 small forward, ranked No. 85 in the Rivals150, showed college coaches that he can shoot the basketball as well. On Saturday morning in a blowout win over All Ohio Red, the Team Takeover wing knocked down 4 of 5 from 3-point range en route to a team-high 16 points. Playing alongside massive low-post scorer Beejay Anya, Hart has a nice understanding of offensive spacing and is able to position himself for isolation opportunities, from where he is extremely tough to guard. A versatile prospect who can play guard or forward, Hart will be heavily coveted by high majors as a scoring guard with a swagger and competitive streak."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1387730

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »
congrats to MOKAN on kicking some ass at the Nike Peach Jam

Yep, they went down to SC and whipped a lot of higher profile teams. It sounds like Ojeleye, Custer, and Nairn all improved their stock with their play over the past several days.

Damn Canadians  :shakesfist:

"SEMIFINAL RUNDOWNS

In the second semifinal, the Soldiers beat CP3, 55-53, behind 17 points apiece from Stanley Johnson and Jabari Bird. Gordon added 12 points and 9 rebounds.

Theo Pinson of CP3 was fouled shooting a potential game-tying 3-pointer in the final seconds, but missed the first foul shot. After making the second, he intentionally missed the third. CP3 had a chance at a game-tying putback but it didn’t fall.

CIA Bounce advanced to the final with an 81-67 victory over MoKan in the first semifinal.

Bounce overcame a sluggish start and won behind 22 points and 4 rebounds from Ennis and 20 points from Wiggins.

MoKan star Semi Ojeleye was limited to 10 points on 2-for-13 shooting with 1 rebound.

Austin Ruder paced MoKan with 18 points, hitting 4-of-9 from 3, Lourawls Nairn Jr. added 14 and Clayton Custer had 10."

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/07/22/oakland-soldiers-17s-texas-titans-16s-win-peach-jam-titles-sunday-recruiting-notes/#more-77231

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Mokan stats from the Peach Jam linked below.

http://www.nikeeyb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/MoKan2.pdf

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 23, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
In the know guy says its ksu and creighton at the top of Marcus Foster's list.

Thanks sd :thumbs:, I've been driving the Foster bandwagon for a while now, hopefully it will end up at the Bram in the near future.

Foster and the Dallas Mustangs finished 2nd at the latest edition of the TX based GASO this past weekend. Per the link below, it looked like Foster averaged around 12 pts per game to lead a balanced Mustangs attack.

http://texashoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1387571

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 23, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
Decent read from TX hoops talking w/Mustangs coach Gerald Booker. FWIW, 1 of their prospects, 6'8" combo F Leyton Hammonds, just committed to OK St. Booker's comments on Foster and Nate Hawkins pasted below:

"Marcus Foster has the ability to score against anyone in the country. He works hard to get open and is really good at keeping the defense off balance. When the game is on the line, Marcus is our go to guy. He is very explosive and hard to guard."

"Nathan Hawkins is the most skilled player we have out of this group. He really believes in himself and his ability. He can do so many things. He handles the ball, he gets everyone involved, knocks in shots and works very hard."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1386282

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »
ESPN weekend wrap up:
Kansas State Wildcats
oscar Weber was watching SG Sam Singer (Miami, Fla./Ransom Everglades) at the Peach State, ESPN 100 SF Semi Ojeleye (Ottawa, Kan./Ottawa) at the Peach Jam and was also in clear view of SF Westicles and PF Johnathan Motley at the UA Summer Jam.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 24, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
This was accidental....oscar's fav chicken nuggets flavor is Peach Jam.  He got all confused and ended up at a game.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 24, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
ESPN weekend wrap up:
Kansas State Wildcats
oscar Weber was watching SG Sam Singer (Miami, Fla./Ransom Everglades) at the Peach State, ESPN 100 SF Semi Ojeleye (Ottawa, Kan./Ottawa) at the Peach Jam and was also in clear view of SF Westicles and PF Johnathan Motley at the UA Summer Jam.

Much thanks MN.

I really don't know how good of a shot we have at Semi, but it sounds like we're hanging in there for now. Official visit? :peek:

Westicles and Motley have both turned some heads with their play the past couple weeks(they both play for the Houston Defenders), I'd really only heard of us recruiting Westicles but I can't complain if Motley is also a target(He's a '14 PF who I hear is a big time athlete).

FWIW, Westicles, Motley, and the Defenders are scheduled to be on ESPNU tomorrow night at 6, they'll be taking on Boo Williams at the AAU Super Showcase. A lot of other high profile players in that game(Harrison twins, Al Freeman, Cat Barber) so Westicles and Motley probably won't get much hype, I always like to watch recruits play when I get a chance though.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 24, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 24, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
With Singer, Westicles, Ojeleye, Hart, Foster, and Ellis the staff would have to eff up royally to not have a good class of wings. I am scared of who we can get to replace JO, we don't seem to be close to any bigs in the 2013 class.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 24, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »
Alex Kline:
Along with offers from UTEP & TCU, 2013 Cali Supreme guard Jordan Mathews has also picked up a scholarship from Kansas State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Mathews-123085

Wing Mania  :runaway: :runaway:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 24, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
Alex Kline:
Along with offers from UTEP & TCU, 2013 Cali Supreme guard Jordan Mathews has also picked up a scholarship from Kansas State.

I like that we're going after a bunch of talent, but damnit guys we need more than wings!
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 24, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
Alex Kline:

What's the cali connection I wonder?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
Alex Kline:

These kids have been forced to do a cali diet their whole life to look good on the beach. They just want a lifetime supply of free chicken nuggets to go wild on without judgement.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:26:25 PM by fanningksu »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 24, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
Alex Kline:

These kids have been forced to do a cali diet their whole life to look good on the beach. They just want a lifetime supply of free chicken nuggets to go wild on without judgement.

If I would have to guess Alvin Brooks III?  :dunno:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Josh Hart Update:
Hart did note that there are a few schools that are pursuing him the hardest of the bunch.

"The hardest would probably be Cincinnati, Villanova, Penn State, NC State, Kansas State, Memphis, and that's all I can remember right now," Hart said.
:excited:
"Not right now," Hart said of whether he has any visits planned. "I know in August im gonna try to go up to Villanova, maybe Indiana, Cincinnati, maybe Kansas State. That's kind of what my thinking is right now."
:pray:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »
K-state has recently offered 2013 combo guard Daxter Miles of Baltimore Elite per Kline

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Daxter-Miles-131278

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 25, 2012, 07:23:09 AM »
Alex Kline:

If I would have to guess Alvin Brooks III?  :dunno:

Below is my best(theorized) explanation on the Mathews-AB3 connection from a couple months back. I'm thinking the JC connection between AB3 and Mathews' Dad is big here.

From Premier Bball twitter last week, KSU now showing interest in 6'3" SG Jordan Mathews from Santa Barbara, CA.

Scout's Josh Gershon also reported KSU's interest in Mathews at this last weekend's EYBL event in Oakland. Mathews is reporting offers from Colorado, VCU, San Diego St, San Francisco and Wyoming. Along with the new interest from KSU, he has additional interest from Indiana, Butler, TCU, Cal, and Nevada. He took an unofficial visit to Cal this weekend.

From the Bossi report and video linked below, Mathews has a great shot at jumping into the Top 150 thanks in large part to his stellar play in the EYBL for the California Supreme, coached by Miles Simon. Mathews's Dad, Phil, is an assistant at UCLA.

The best I can tell, Mathews would be an AB3 recruit, Phil was on Doc Sadler's staff at Nubb for 4 years, AB3 was part of staff at Ark Ft Smith JC directly after Sadler left there to become an asst at UTEP. Phil has also been HC at a couple different Cali JCs throughout his career.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1366921

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 25, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
Now we're looking at around 5 offers to primarily combo guards in this class - Harris, Singer, Foster, Mathews, and Miles.

Mathews is a big-time scorer who can flat out stroke it from deep. From what I've been able to gather he and Foster have fairly similar games, Mathews is a little bigger, he's 6'3" maybe 6'4" while Foster is 6'2". I still hope we're in good shape with Foster.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
Chet in Orlando checking out Westicles, GA Tech also there to see him, Westicles looked alright, did
Most of his damage in transition, decent but not great job finishing, couple nice passes,
Had 10 pts and about 4 boards in blowout win for his team.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »
Matthew Schwade@FlyerHoops

2013 Ill Wolves PG Jalen James has offers from SMU & Colorado. Interest from Dayton, DePaul, K-State, Memphis, Nevada, Oreg St, UNLV, & Tenn

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 26, 2012, 08:28:48 AM »
In update from Creighton site, Foster says his top 3 are KSU, Creighton, and SMU. Only planned visit discussed is to Creighton in September. Foster had 13 pts in win for his club at Adidas Super 64 in Vegas yesterday.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1389087

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 26, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »
Snow from the Peach Jam:

"Damian Jones, PF/C, Texas Titans – While (Julius)Randle was dominating on the offensive end, Jones was doing on defense. The long and athletic interior prospect was blocking shots and in general causing havoc with his length and athleticism. Offensively he is still very raw, but Jones can develop into a game changer with his natural shot blocking."

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1204315.html

Damian Jones and the Texas Titans on ESPNU tonight at 6, taking on FLA based Each 1 Teach 1. Jones has offers from Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Vanderbilit, Stanford, and KSU. Titans' stats from Peach Jam linked below.

http://www.nikeeyb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Titans1.pdf

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 26, 2012, 11:48:30 AM »
Now we're looking at around 5 offers to primarily combo guards in this class - Harris, Singer, Foster, Mathews, and Miles.

Mathews is a big-time scorer who can flat out stroke it from deep. From what I've been able to gather he and Foster have fairly similar games, Mathews is a little bigger, he's 6'3" maybe 6'4" while Foster is 6'2". I still hope we're in good shape with Foster.

Alex Kline:

Number of true point guards successfully recruited to Illinois 2008-11 = zero.  Number of wings and combo guards during that period = eleventy billion.  Effect on Illinois basketball = 17-15(6-12) in 2011-12 season.   :runaway:

Ts and Ps EMAW friends.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
A "true" PG doesn't appear to be a primary target for '13, there has been KSU interest mentioned with Jevon Thomas and Jalen James, but no reported offers yet. PG mania does appear to be taking hold in '14 though, 4 reported offers already, all on some fairly highly regarded prospects. Can't promise any success but efforts are being made.

PG mania in this class, known offers to:

Custer
Joseph
Nairn
L. Austin
(all at least Top 100 recruits)

Plus interest in William Jones and Johnnie Vassar.