Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 980843 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1425 on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »
DarisHateEverythingNotFrank should continue to roll the Xavier sucks talking point.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 18, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
not that it's relevant...but Telep tweeted this...

@WW_ksu
@DaveTelep etherington worthy of a ksu scholly??

16h @DaveTelep
@WW_ksu more role guy than starter long term.

Also, i'm still laughing at the nickname  "Darispussy."
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
lol at dax thinking that weber just pulled off someone masterful ditr find. gonna be just like jordy but in basketball, huh dax? as for all the high majors talking to him that were going to lead to offers, i'll just give you the quote from DJamer wally's article. weird how etherington himself left out all of the high majors and how schools like boston and st joe were showing interest but still not offering. real ditr find, although at little ol kstate that's what he should shoot for. recently injured ditr guys that could possibly develop into role players if they can find a shot. good call dax.

"I remember all his Big Ten visits and going to Xavier, who has been recruiting me too," says Etherington, who added Boston College, Boston University, St. Joseph's, and New Mexico have also expressed interest of late. "I knew right away there was a feeling about K-State. It was more than I expected."

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 18, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »
dax this alex guy seems like a real chris getz type. forgive my cross-sport referencing but it seemed necessary.

now that you understand he's basically akin to a royals utility infielder, feel free to go ahead and lol.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »
He's no Will Spradling that's for sure.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 18, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

agreed. spradling will leave kstate having done much more than etherington will have.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 18, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

agreed. spradling will leave kstate having done much more than etherington will have.

Probably, I mean Frank's recruiting was such $hit look at all the PT a mediocre talent like Spradling got.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »

Probably, I mean Frank's recruiting was such $hit look at all the PT a mediocre talent like Spradling got.

yep. total crap recruiting by frank. i can't wait until after this year when we can get some of franks crappy recruits graduated and more of webers recruits in. things will really take off then. you nailed it as usual dax. try not to stare me down too hard while you're circling the bases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »

yep. total crap recruiting by frank. i can't wait until after this year when we can get some of franks crappy recruits graduated and more of webers recruits in. things will really take off then. you nailed it as usual dax. try not to stare me down too hard while you're circling the bases.

I know you're pretty upset right now as usual Daris, having just realized that Will Spradling, yes Will Spradling; the kid who helped get Frank run off from K-State will end up having really nice stats at K-State because Frank couldn't recruit anybody to beat  him out . . . so you're not thinking real clearly.   Wow, what would you call that anyway?  Irony, coincidence, a dilemma, destiny? 

But as I said, if this kid turns out to be the crown jewel of the class then I'll agree with you're saying here.   

I am also pretty happy to know that I can consider anything that Eric Bossi says complete crap and not worthy of my time.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 18, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »

I know you're pretty upset right now as usual Daris, having just realized that Will Spradling, yes Will Spradling; the kid who helped get Frank run off from K-State will end up having really nice stats at K-State because Frank couldn't recruit anybody to beat  him out . . . so you're not thinking real clearly.   Wow, what would you call that anyway?  Irony, coincidence, a dilemma, destiny? 

But as I said, if this kid turns out to be the crown jewel of the class then I'll agree with you're saying here.   

I am also pretty happy to know that I can consider anything that Eric Bossi says complete crap and not worthy of my time.

will didn't have much/anything to do with frank leaving. you're off if you think that.

bottom line seems to be this... you don't have any issues with weber's recruiting so far, but think "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". i do have an issue with the recruiting under weber so far and i don't think that "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". we're at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum here. i think we'll be really good next year with all the players that frank recruited, but will get worse over the next five. based on everything you've said the past few pages you think the exact opposite. if you need to wait five years to see who is right and who is wrong, then so be it i guess. also, i'd love to be wrong and be a much better team in five years with all oscar players then we will be next year with all frank players fwiw. guess what though? it's not going to happen.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1435 on: June 18, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
What really upsets me about the new regime is that we'll be debating Spring recruits in the summer/fall, and really nothing in the Spring.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1436 on: June 18, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
Also, I would be happy to be as good as Xavier is year in and year out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 18, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »

will didn't have much/anything to do with frank leaving. you're off if you think that.

bottom line seems to be this... you don't have any issues with weber's recruiting so far, but think "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". i do have an issue with the recruiting under weber so far and i don't think that "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". we're at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum here. i think we'll be really good next year with all the players that frank recruited, but will get worse over the next five. based on everything you've said the past few pages you think the exact opposite. if you need to wait five years to see who is right and who is wrong, then so be it i guess. also, i'd love to be wrong and be a much better team in five years with all oscar players then we will be next year with all frank players fwiw.

So a lot of Frankite hate directed at Spradling for no reason then?  But I am not really off.

I will admit that the first 3 recruits look a lot like the 2008 and 2010 class (well, I don't think they're that bad), and the majority of the 2011 class, so that is a concern.

I plan on giving it more than 3 months though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 18, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
spradling was much more highly regarded than this guy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 18, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
Yeah, Sprads had a UNLV offer, imagine that, Lon Kruger offering a white guard from Shawnee Mission South.   That's about the 5th time in the last 20 years that's happened.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: June 18, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
Oops make that about 30 years, Kruger offered a guard at SMS while he was an assistant at K-State . . . the guy ended up at . . . William Jewell.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 18, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
You guys, don't let shitty recruiting break up our strong goEMAW relationships. If you're a full fledged member of #teamburnitdown, you already knew this was going to happen sooner rather than later. It's ok, friends.  :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 18, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

bottom line seems to be this... you don't have any issues with weber's recruiting so far, but think "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". i do have an issue with the recruiting under weber so far and i don't think that "Frank's recruiting was such $hit". we're at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum here. i think we'll be really good next year with all the players that frank recruited, but will get worse over the next five. based on everything you've said the past few pages you think the exact opposite. if you need to wait five years to see who is right and who is wrong, then so be it i guess. also, i'd love to be wrong and be a much better team in five years with all oscar players then we will be next year with all frank players fwiw.

So a lot of Frankite hate directed at Spradling for no reason then?  But I am not really off.

I will admit that the first 3 recruits look a lot like the 2008 and 2010 class (well, I don't think they're that bad), and the majority of the 2011 class, so that is a concern.

I plan on giving it more than 3 months though.

[/quote]

it's possible to hate spradling while simultaneously understand that him transferring if frank had stayed, had nothing to do with frank leaving. it wasn't some spradling v frank battle with the loser forced to go to a different school. i mean lol dax.

as for how long you're going to give it, i mean i really don't care. that'll be your fault for not figuring it out sooner i guess. can't wait to hear who the next verbal is from personally.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 18, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
I never said it was a Frank vs Spradling battle Daris . . . but that issue help compound other issues.   LOL damn.

Also there's nothing to figure out, as of right now the brand new coaching staff is recruiting no worse than Frank did in not ONE, not TWO, but in TWO and HALF of his recruiting classes (and that's being extremely . . . nice) .

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 18, 2012, 03:47:36 PM »
Oh yeah, and the current staff didn't get the Huggins, Te452K, Beasley, Walker Uplift . . . in fact, looking back with that in mind . . . Damn Frank . . . just DAMN!!

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 18, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
If BW is supposed to fail in the next few years...why does it matter what kind of recruits he gets anyway?  I mean, the basis on this argument is that he failed at Illinois with his own recruits, so he will fail at KState with his own recruits... didn't he have pretty good recruiting classes in his last few years? (9 - 4 stars in the last 3 years to be exact)  It seems to me that getting all worked up because he signed a 3 star is a bit pointless if you think he is going to fail anyway.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 18, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
basketball butthurt in June. woof.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:34 PM »
If BW is supposed to fail in the next few years...why does it matter what kind of recruits he gets anyway?  I mean, the basis on this argument is that he failed at Illinois with his own recruits, so he will fail at KState with his own recruits... didn't he have pretty good recruiting classes in his last few years? (9 - 4 stars in the last 3 years to be exact)  It seems to me that getting all worked up because he signed a 3 star is a bit pointless if you think he is going to fail anyway.

When we have to replace him, it will be a more appealing job if there are good recruits here.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 18, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
I never said it was a Frank vs Spradling battle Daris . . . but that issue help compound other issues.   LOL damn.

Also there's nothing to figure out, as of right now the brand new coaching staff is recruiting no worse than Frank did in not ONE, not TWO, but in TWO and HALF of his recruiting classes (and that's being extremely . . . nice) .

look i think we each understand the other's side by now so we can probably quit. based on what i know, i don't think spradling really had anything to do with frank leaving. you do. i think frank's recruiting was ok. you don't. you think weber's recruiting, including this most recent recruit is ok. i don't. you are taking a wait and see attitude with things. i'm not, because i feel i already have enough information. that's the summary. we'll see how we do next year with all of franks "shitty" players still on the roster. i think we'll get worse when they leave. you don't. time will tell. see you in five years.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 18, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
basketball butthurt in June. woof.
True butthurt knows no season.