Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 981205 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:21 AM »
Now that we are all in agreement that the recruiting is garbage, can we please move on to the hate already?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
we mocked frank's awful recruiting all the time

Sure, and then some decided to just forget about it because of their blind hate of Weber.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 18, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »

Sure, and then some decided to just forget about it because of their blind hate of Weber.

question- what does franks not great and sometimes hilariously laughable recruiting while he was at kstate have to do with oscar weber and his so far horrible recruiting.

answer- nothing.

i mean honestly, what's the thinking here dax? frank's recruiting wasn't great so nobody should ever say anything about weber's crappy recruiting? frank recruited and signed buchi awaji and then ran him off ,so nobody is allowed to discuss the six foot five inch white forward from indiana that is/was widely regarded as a mid major at best by most scouts?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1403 on: June 18, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
I am really going to enjoy these threads going forward.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 18, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »

question- what does franks not great and sometimes hilariously laughable recruiting while he was at kstate have to do with oscar weber and his so far horrible recruiting.

answer- nothing.

i mean honestly, what's the thinking here. frank's recruiting wasn't great so nobody should ever say anything about weber's crappy recruiting? frank recruited and signed buchi awaji and then ran him off so we aren't allowed to discuss the six foot five inch white forward from indiana that was widely regarded as a mid major at best?

You can talk about it all you want Daris, quit being such a pussy and quit whining because someone isn't in complete agreement with you . . . if Weber signs 3 of these guys then I'll be right there with you, and who are these people doing the "widely" regarding?

Links please.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 18, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
Which one of his daughters has the biggest sad frown at his getting fired presser in 4 years? 

I am betting the middle one who looked all stupid at the IL one.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1406 on: June 18, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »

answer- nothing.

i mean honestly, what's the thinking here. frank's recruiting wasn't great so nobody should ever say anything about weber's crappy recruiting? frank recruited and signed buchi awaji and then ran him off so we aren't allowed to discuss the six foot five inch white forward from indiana that was widely regarded as a mid major at best?

You can talk about it all you want Daris, quit being such a pussy and quit whining because someone isn't in complete agreement with you . . . if Weber signs 3 of these guys then I'll be right there with you, and who are these people doing the "widely" regarding?

Links please.
LOL

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »

answer- nothing.

Links please.

here's #1- http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1195725.html

"Coming into the spring Etherington had mostly low and mid-major interest, but a strong showing in Las Vegas at the adidas VIP Run put him firmly on the Kansas State radar."

here's #2- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/130084/alex-etherington

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=2639514

do you require more links or are these enough?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
Not an insider so I can't read the ESPN stuff . . . but "coming into the spring" aka 3 to 4 months ago, he was regarded as a mid-major prospect. 

Now, he's considered a mid major impact player, and a high major role player.

Alex Etherington - Indiana Elite 17u - The 6'5 wing is a player that a lot of high majors are recruiting, but not one that anyone has made a top priority at this point. Over the weekend Etherington played more like a high major. In leading his team to a quarterfinal matchup with the Florida Rams he displayed high level athleticism, toughness, and an aggressive penetrating style. He still needs to show more as a shooter but he has a chance to go somewhere like Xavier and become a solid role player.

Alex Etherington - Indiana Elite 17u SF: High major coaches see Etherington as someone that could be a nice role player at the highest level or a really good, and instant impact, player at a good mid-major program. Over the weekend he played well enough that he should get more high major interest. Etherington is a very good slasher that can make plays off the dribble at 6-foot-6. He's got deceptive athleticism and explosiveness around the rim while having a strong build as well. His handle is good enough for him to play either guard spot, and he's really aggressive in trying to drive to the rim and draw fouls. Etherington is a good, not great, shooter who has a nice stroke from the line but doesn't seek out a ton of perimeter jumpers. Defensively he oozes toughness and is one of the more competitive players on the AAU circuit. Kansas State is recruiting him the hardest right now but Xavier is interested, as are several in-state high majors.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1360495

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1369863

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
i would also add the fact that his older brother was good enough to get a scholarship to indiana but he wasn't, is proof that people don't regard him as a high major and is pretty damning. i mean, indiana didn't even show interest in him at all and his two year older brother plays there on scholarship. Or maybe it's not damning, maybe we've already given up on trying to be as good at basketball as indiana. i mean why should we? they're indiana and we're just little old kstate. oh and btw, frank martin once recruited juevol myles so i mean you can't forget that. i mean i'm pretty sure that fact is pretty relevant to what we're discussing here.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 18, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »
I kind of want to throw the point out there that the kid had a very significant injury and it's taken a really long time for him to come back.  He missed a pretty critical time in his development/recruiting due to that injury, and he seems to have just popped back on the radar this summer, and he got back on pretty quickly.

Maybe I'm wrong there, but to be fair to him, I think it's worth noting.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 18, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
i would also add the fact that his older brother was good enough to get a scholarship to indiana but he wasn't, is proof that people don't regard him as a high major and is pretty damning. i mean, indiana didn't even show interest in him at all and his two year older brother plays there on scholarship. Or maybe it's not damning, maybe we've already given up on trying to be as good at basketball as indiana. i mean why should we? they're indiana and we're just little old kstate. oh and btw, frank martin once recruited juevol myles so i mean you can't forget that. i mean i'm pretty sure that fact is pretty relevant to what we're discussing here.

Oh yeah, because one school doesn't offer a kid a scholarship, that's PROOF he's not anywhere close to a high major prospect.  Good Call DarisPussy.
Bossi must have been talking way out of his a$$ then.   Damn you Bossi . . .  :shakesfist:

Wait a second, Indiana has had (2) 6-6 forwards committed for . . . . NEARLY TWO YEARS, hey hasn't Etherington been hurt?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 18, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
Not an insider so I can't read the ESPN stuff . . . but "coming into the spring" aka 3 to 4 months ago, he was regarded as a mid-major prospect. 

Now, he's considered a mid major impact player, and a high major role player.

Alex Etherington - Indiana Elite 17u - The 6'5 wing is a player that a lot of high majors are recruiting, but not one that anyone has made a top priority at this point. Over the weekend Etherington played more like a high major. In leading his team to a quarterfinal matchup with the Florida Rams he displayed high level athleticism, toughness, and an aggressive penetrating style. He still needs to show more as a shooter but he has a chance to go somewhere like Xavier and become a solid role player.

Alex Etherington - Indiana Elite 17u SF: High major coaches see Etherington as someone that could be a nice role player at the highest level or a really good, and instant impact, player at a good mid-major program. Over the weekend he played well enough that he should get more high major interest. Etherington is a very good slasher that can make plays off the dribble at 6-foot-6. He's got deceptive athleticism and explosiveness around the rim while having a strong build as well. His handle is good enough for him to play either guard spot, and he's really aggressive in trying to drive to the rim and draw fouls. Etherington is a good, not great, shooter who has a nice stroke from the line but doesn't seek out a ton of perimeter jumpers. Defensively he oozes toughness and is one of the more competitive players on the AAU circuit. Kansas State is recruiting him the hardest right now but Xavier is interested, as are several in-state high majors.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1360495

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1369863

you don't have to be an insider to read the links. also, are you using your links to prove my point or yours? i mean,  "He still needs to show more as a shooter but he has a chance to go somewhere like Xavier and become a solid role player." just lol at all of that. i mean the guy who covers xavier and just watched etherington at his best, said that if he becomes a better shooter then he has the chance to be a solid role player at a school like xavier. i just mean lol dax. woohoo kstate basketball. we just got a verbal from a guy who if he improves his shot, could've been a solid role player at a school like xavier. i mean  :love:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
doesn't ballplayers live in IN (or what is St. Louis?).  anyway, close enough he should have some input eventually. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »

Some guy posted on GPC that Austin (the brother at IU) may transfer. :dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
DarisPussy.

Easily the least clever nickname you have ever created.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »
Yeah Xavier really sucks Daris, I mean they've only gone to the Sweet 16 four out of the last five years.   Isn't NCAA tourney performace a MAJOR Frankite talking point?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 18, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »
I just watched his video.  He's 6'5", right? 

We basically have a white Nino here, right?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:59 PM »

Oh yeah, because one school doesn't offer a kid a scholarship, that's PROOF he's not anywhere close to a high major prospect.  Good Call DarisPussy.
Bossi must have been talking way out of his a$$ then.   Damn you Bossi . . .  :shakesfist:

Wait a second, Indiana has had (2) 6-6 forwards committed for . . . . NEARLY TWO YEARS, hey hasn't Etherington been hurt?

no other bcs school offered. none. including the one in his home state that would've been more knowledgable and clued into him than anyone. lol at all of those other schools not offering, right dax? him not have any offer from any other bcs school doesn't prove anything, does it dax?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
I just watched his video.  He's 6'5", right? 

We basically have a white Nino here, right?

:crossfingers:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »

no other bcs school offered. none. including the one in his home state that would've been more knowledgable and clued into him than anyone. lol at all of those other schools not offering, right dax? him not have any offer from any other bcs school doesn't prove anything, does it dax?

I am not taking sides here...just observing...

BUT, you could make the argument that IF the older brother is really a malcontent at IU (hinted at in the GPC thread talking about his brother transfering), then perhaps Crean stayed away from the younger that reason alone.

In either case, this does not change the fact that we have apparently landed a non-shooting tweener white guy.  go cats

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 18, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
"hey coach, can you tell me a little about your player over there"
"yeah sure thing. he's a six foot five inch forward that is just getting over a horrible injury and does not currently hold an offer from any major basketball program, but if things break just right and he improves his shot quite a bit then i could see him possibly developing into being able to be a role player for a school like xavier."
"boom i'm sold. here is a full scholarship to kansas state."

:woot:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »

Where did I say any other schools offered him Daris?  That's right, I didn't dumbass.   Let me see if I understand your dumbass logic and your refusal to comprehend . . . per usual.   Multiple recruiting scouts including one of the better ones in Eric Bossi noted that this kid has raised his game to a level that if it continues he will draw even more high major attention (and unless everyone quoted in this thread is a liar he already was) and will likely lead to high major offers.   But that is to be completely discounted in the DarisHateEverythingNotFrank world because a kid coming off a significant injury had to date not received numerous high major offers?  Did I miss anything?

OMG, OMG INDIANA DIDN'T OFFER!!

Now, if oscar Weber declares this kid the "Crown Jewel" of the recruiting class, you have a point . . . but using your own "every program needs a Martavious Irving" logic, I'd counter that every program not named Kentucky and a handful of others needs role players like this kid.    Lest your forget the endless parade of guys just like this kid who put a clownsuit on your hero.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
doesn't ballplayers live in IN (or what is St. Louis?).  anyway, close enough he should have some input eventually.

BP grew up in Indiana, went to K-State, lived in St. Louis for a while but now lives in the Florida Panhandle.

I'm sure he still has contacts in IN but I really couldn't say for sure if he will have the scoop on Etherington or not.