Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 977021 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1375 on: June 17, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »

"Tough, gritty, etc"

From the comments:

HAHAHA ALEX IS AN bad person I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY!!! him and his brother? are assholes they will never change to bad ALEX didnt go rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 17, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »

"Tough, gritty, etc"

From the comments:

HAHAHA ALEX IS AN bad person I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY!!! him and his brother? are assholes they will never change to bad ALEX didnt go rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)!

also this...

why does anyone care really, its over. alex is fine and he is? still a douchebag

IsolatedPyro94 11 months ago 6

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
More douchebags, more wins.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 17, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »

"Tough, gritty, etc"

From the comments:

also this...

why does anyone care really, its over. alex is fine and he is? still a douchebag

IsolatedPyro94 11 months ago 6
okay everyone, i'm a current junior Peru High School. i personally know #40 and he is no longer a student at Peru High School. He recieved no disciplinary action and played the rest of the season. he recieved a scholarship to play basketball at Kansas Weslyan University. now, personally knowing #40, its possible that he did this on purpose. but i was not present at this specific basketball game so i did not see first hand what happened.? i cannot choose either side since i was not there,
:sdeek:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 17, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
Oh man we are gonna be awesome in 4 years  :bball:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1380 on: June 17, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »
Bossi from last weekend in Vegas.

Indiana Elite South teammate Alex Etherington looked good as well. The 6-foot-5 wing is an athletic driver who plays with physicality.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1357918

Some dude from Indy the weekend before last.

Alex Etherington:  6’6” Small Forward, Hamilton Heights H.S./Indiana Elite South (2013)

May have had about the best day of anyone that I saw.  Alex was very, very impressive.  He showcased great isolation skills, made some really nice drives to the basket.  His combination of size, strength, and athleticism makes him very difficult to stop.  Has reported new interest from the likes of Penn State and Boston College among others.  If he plays like he did today all summer, offers should roll in.

http://indianarecruitingguide.com/2012/04/indy-ball-recap/

Sounds like Xavier has also recently contacted this kid, we'll see what happens with his recruitment from here.

Wanted to bump this again.  I guess I don't hate the commitment.  Maybe I should.  Sounds like Xavier interest was real.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 17, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
I guess I don't hate the commitment.  Maybe I should.  Sounds like Xavier interest was real.

oh no question.  he's a legit upper mid-major player.  anyone that doubts that hasn't been paying attention to the new kstate recruiting.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline RU4KSU2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 17, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Alex-Etherington-139842

a white six foot five inch small forward from indiana with no other offers. yep, that sounds about right.

And 190 lbs, just wait until Greenwalt does his magic... oh wait.   :bang:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 18, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »
And so it begins

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 18, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »
You know who else had an offer from Xavier, goEMAW favorite:  Shane Southwell

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »
I'm gonna really miss the dobermans.   :cry:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 18, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »
I'm not convinced the Xavier offer for Etherington was/is legit. It was not being displayed on his profile on Saturday, then it all of a sudden appeared there on Sunday after it was known he had committed. The Rivals database is a good guide but is notorious for having random stuff like that just pop up out of nowhere.

On top of that, I had not seen any reference anywhere to Xavier offering him. Interest, yes. Offer, no. If anybody can find any article specifically stating he was actually offered by Xavier, then you're a better message boarder/googler/info sleuth than I am.

Linked below is a fairly insightful update from Scout's Snow about the Etherington commit. It's free.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1195725.html

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 18, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Xavier knew he was out of their league.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 18, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
I'm not convinced the Xavier offer for Etherington was/is legit. It was not being displayed on his profile on Saturday, then it all of a sudden appeared there on Sunday after it was known he had committed. The Rivals database is a good guide but is notorious for having random stuff like that just pop up out of nowhere.

On top of that, I had not seen any reference anywhere to Xavier offering him. Interest, yes. Offer, no. If anybody can find any article specifically stating he was actually offered by Xavier, then you're a better message boarder/googler/info sleuth than I am.

Linked below is a fairly insightful update from Scout's Snow about the Etherington commit. It's free.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1195725.html

yeah. very doubtful that it was a legit offer. meanwhile iowa state picks up a guard that was top 100 espn and top 150 rivals.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
Everytime Webber has landed a kid I have tried to rationalize it by saying it's a decent get under the cirumstances yada yada yada.  Then I go on to say I'm ok with this kid but we're in trouble if all of our recruits look like this.  Well I've officially come to the conclusion that all of our recruits under Weber are going to be like this (Johnson, Orris, Etherington).  Fringe high major kids who are maybe fine as the last player in a class but are never going to be anything more then role players.  We're going to have a team full of role players, I wonder how that is going to go for us?  Maybe he can redshirt all these kids and when they're senior's we can finish 5th in the big 12.   

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
Everytime Webber has landed a kid I have tried to rationalize it by saying it's a decent get under the cirumstances yada yada yada.  Then I go on to say I'm ok with this kid but we're in trouble if all of our recruits look like this.  Well I've officially come to the conclusion that all of our recruits under Weber are going to be like this (Johnson, Orris, Etherington).  Fringe high major kids who are maybe fine as the last player in a class but are never going to be anything more then role players.  We're going to have a team full of role players, I wonder how that is going to go for us?  Maybe he can redshirt all these kids and when they're senior's we can finish 5th in the big 12.

yep. we will be recruiting nothing but hard working midwesterners who will play the game hard and the right way from here on out. strap on your seatbelts for what a fun ride this will be.

...and schwartzendruber passes it to schwartzendruber who dribbles into the corner again and attempts a pass back to schwartzendruber, but the pass is stolen and taken the other way for another tomahawk dunk by iowa state. cats now down 17 and coach weber doesn't like what he's seen so far out of his team and gets a timeout. revhoney, when you need some more energy reach for a revhoney....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 18, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »
Well since of the majority of the Frankites have now officially decided to completely forget about the absolute steaming  :bs: piles that Frank managed to cobble together on the recruiting trail multiple years . . . I'll play the role of the glass is half full.

Apparently the kid had been hurt correct?   Apparently this is his first full year of AAU ball correct?   Now unless Bossi is talking out of his a$$ it would appear that the kid via his play on the AAU circuit was going to start garnering some significant attention. 

So it appears the K-State staff has gotten in on a strong prospect early, and apparently the kid has ties to a 2014 Top 50 prospect we've already offered.   

I'll now return you to the fact that K-State had to resort to putting Martavious Irving on its 2012-2013 Season Ticket Poster.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Well since of the majority of the Frankites have now officially decided to completely forget about the absolute steaming  :bs: piles that Frank managed to cobble together on the recruiting trail multiple years . . . I'll play the role of the glass is half full.

Apparently the kid had been hurt correct?   Apparently this is his first full year of AAU ball correct?   Now unless Bossi is talking out of his a$$ it would appear that the kid via his play on the AAU circuit was going to start garnering some significant attention. 

So it appears the K-State staff has gotten in on a strong prospect early, and apparently the kid has ties to a 2014 Top 50 prospect we've already offered.   

I'll now return you to the fact that K-State had to resort to putting Martavious Irving on its 2012-2013 Season Ticket Poster.

every team needs a martavious irving or two. what you can't have is a whole team full of marty's, but then again you already knew that. dax the weberite, not surprising i guess. should make for a fun next five years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
Who said the whole team was going to be like that Daris?

Its one recruit, they'll be how many rides next year?  3?

I guess the Frankites don't quite understand that locking down a solid role player leaves time for the guys you really need and then you don't need to scramble for effing Juevol Myles types in Feb. 

I just read the Xavier rivals report and they are saying the kid is a high major role player.   

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
Who said the whole team was going to be like that Daris?

Its one recruit, they'll be how many rides next year?  3?

I guess the Frankites don't quite understand that locking down a solid role player leaves time for the guys you really need and then you don't need to scramble for effing Juevol Myles types in Feb. 

I just the Xavier rivals report and they are saying the kid is a high major role player.

Weber has 3 recruits so far

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
2 of those were 2012 signees were they not?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 18, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »

I would feel a lot better about this if Etherington and Blueitt played on the same AAU team, Etherington is Indiana Elite South, Blueitt for Indy Spiece Heat, Blueitt's Dad also happens to be his AAU coach. Blueitt is from Indianapolis and Etherington is from just north of there and it sounds like they know each other, so that's good, I'm just not sure how much persuasion Etherington can have with Blueitt, who in addition to KSU, has offers from Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Florida, Illinois, Xavier and interest from Michigan St.

FWIW, KSU has also offered Blueitt's Indy Spiece teammates JaQuan Lyle('14) and Vitto Brown('13). Well, the Brown offer is questionable right now but he seems to believe it's there.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »
dax- the staff has signed 3 players so far and it is my feeling that all 3 are garbage. how many more do they need to sign before i'm allowed to have an opinion?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 18, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
dax- the staff has signed 3 players so far and it is my feeling that all 3 are garbage. how many more do they need to sign before i'm allowed to have an opinion?

That's fine .  . . I guess we can count on oscar to continue the trendline of most of Frank's recruiting classes . . . garbage.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
we mocked frank's awful recruiting all the time