Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976980 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #775 on: November 20, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »
Package deal bros(at least I fricking hope) :

yes, good hope.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sysdax

• A Fucktard SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 20, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
More of Franks shitty recruiting.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 20, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »
Sysdax is by far my favorite sock.  Ever.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 21, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »
Sysdax is by far my favorite sock.  Ever.

not shocking news here

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 23, 2011, 04:43:44 PM »
Roberson update from Syracuse site. Claims no favorites at this point, will start to look at visits at end of this season.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1297972

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 23, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »
Surprise players

Hakim Saintil (Roselle, N.J./Roselle Catholic)
2013, PG, 5-11
He's a scoring point guard who can make open 3-point shots off the catch as well as in a pick-and-roll situation. He reads his defender going under the screen and can step back and knock down a 3. Plus, once he gets into the painted area he can score the ball or find his open teammates and deliver an assist. Defensively, he has quick feet and active hands and at times he can pick the ball handler for a clean steal.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6818553/aau-nationals-day-2-recap

Hakim Saintil | 5’11? PG| Class of 2013

Saintil transferred from St. Patrick’s (NJ) and will play his junior season at Roselle Catholic (NJ). He is a scrappy, tough point guard with a motor that keeps running. Though he is only 5’11?, he is muscular, which allows him to throw his weight around and defend larger guards.

Playing with Tyler Roberson (mentioned below), he showed that he knows how to play with another quality player on the floor. The two will be playing together this year at Roselle, as well.

http://www.hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/tournaments/more-standouts-emerge-on-day-2-of-hoop-group-fall-jam-fest.php/

The Hoop Group Fall High School Showcase wrapped up early sunday afternoon with the championship game in the American Bracket.

In the championship game a team comprised of mostly Roselle Catholic players held off Boys Latin PA 52-48.

5-foot-10 Roselle Catholic Jr. Hakeem Saintil buried two free throws with :13 renaining to put his team up 50-48. He then stole the ball and went in for a layup a few seconds later to ice the game.

Boys Latin was impacted when star senior guard Maurice Watson went out with an injury with 9:30 left and the score tied at 32.

Saintil finished with a game high 17. 6-foot-1 UMass Lowell bound Sr. Carlos Taylor led Boys Latin with 14 points and 11 rebounds.

http://njhoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1286197

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 25, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
DaveTelep Dave Telep
Georgetown and K State here to see Al Freeman.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 25, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
DaveTelep Dave Telep
Georgetown and K State here to see Al Freeman.

:ksu:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 25, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »
Al Freeman. Ya. Right.
EMAW

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 25, 2011, 06:49:26 PM »
CollegiateHoops DeAnte' Mitchell
Kansas State also watched PG Hakim Saintil '13 & SF Tyler Roberson '13 workout today per @TheRecruitScoop

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 28, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »
story on Roberson and Saintil by Kline.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/28/roselle-catholic-is-loaded-recruiting-rundown/

Saintil barely played last year while he was a sophomore. Now, as his coach points out, his confidence has risen.
“The thing that stands out for Hakim is his confidence,” Boff said. “He has been playing with a lot more confidence than he did last year. He plays as hard as one can play every possession and that is why college are beginning to go after him.”

Some wonder whether the duo of Saintil and Roberson will continue to play together in college.

“Both Hakim and I have to choose which schools is best for us, ” Roberson said. “I would love to play with him in college because he is a great player and I have been playing with him since the sixth  grade so we know each others games so well.”

Roberson added, “If it worked out, I would be excited.”
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:45:31 PM by WillieWatanabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 28, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »
matt jones says eff you to seff, commits to duke

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:31 AM »

take it to the KU Recruiting Master Thread phogclams.net

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »

take it to the KU Recruiting Master Thread phogclams.net

steve_fitzGPC, always turning the tables on posters.  clever, witty, and most importantly, edgy.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
story on Roberson and Saintil by Kline.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/28/roselle-catholic-is-loaded-recruiting-rundown/

Saintil barely played last year while he was a sophomore. Now, as his coach points out, his confidence has risen.
“The thing that stands out for Hakim is his confidence,” Boff said. “He has been playing with a lot more confidence than he did last year. He plays as hard as one can play every possession and that is why college are beginning to go after him.”

Some wonder whether the duo of Saintil and Roberson will continue to play together in college.

“Both Hakim and I have to choose which schools is best for us, ” Roberson said. “I would love to play with him in college because he is a great player and I have been playing with him since the sixth  grade so we know each others games so well.”

Roberson added, “If it worked out, I would be excited.”

Good find WW  :thumbs:

That's the first I've heard of ku offering Roberson. Not that it hasn't happened, I just notice that KSU was omitted from his offer list. Kinda wondering if Kline didn't flub that one(it can happen to the very best).

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
Old Recruit
TheRecruitScoop: Nate Britt, a 2013 PG from Gonzaga Prep (DC), just announced his commitment to North Carolina.
probably keeps UNC out of Freemans picture  :cheers:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
Old Recruit
TheRecruitScoop: Nate Britt, a 2013 PG from Gonzaga Prep (DC), just announced his commitment to North Carolina.
probably keeps UNC out of Freemans picture  :cheers:

Britt and Free not exactly carbon copies of each other - Britt, kinda undersized, slight of build, pure PG with tremendous feel for game, Free big, physical, versatile, and supremely skilled, will probably be able to effectively to play and defend 1-3 ...

but still  :peek:   :crossfingers:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
Stuff on Powell from Rivals' Whispers update:

"Orlando Dr. Phillips High School has a reputation for producing outstanding scoring guards. The next explosive scorer in line is 2013 5-foot-11 point guard Rashawn Powell.

And not just a scorer at 26 points per game, Powell is also dishing out six assists per game.

Coaches are taking notice of Powell's abilities. Most recently to watch him play was Maryland assistant coach Scott Spinelli.

According to his travel team coach Diana Neal of Florida Assault, Powell has offers from Seton Hall, Miami, Murray State, Jacksonville and North Florida while strong interest is coming from Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Alabama, Marquette, Virginia, Kansas State, Memphis, Georgia Tech and UCLA. "

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1304990

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 09, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
Roberson update from Scout, sounds like the offer from ku is legit:

“Last week Jay Wright came, Florida, and also Mike Rice from Rutgers as well as Seton Hall came to see me,” said Roberson.

He continued, “Villanova, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Kansas, Kansas State, and Florida are some of the schools that have offered me that are recruiting me hard.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1137069.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 09, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
I bet he went out and smelled every cologne at the mall and bought the one that smelled the closest to whatever custom scent jay was wearing.  god knows I would. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »
DeAnte' Mitchell @CollegiateHoops

Notre Dame, K-State, Western Michigan & UCLA was in to see SG Leo Svete '13 score 25 points today.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #796 on: December 11, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »
so, is the point of following frank's 2013 (or even 2014) just to see the mentions?  Or does any recruit that has been mentioned in this entire thread actually have any remote possibility of committing?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 11, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
so, is the point of following frank's 2013 (or even 2014) just to see the mentions?  Or does any recruit that has been mentioned in this entire thread actually have any remote possibility of committing?

kstate's 2012 commits were prominently featured in the 2012 thread long before committing.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 11, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
Seems like having an idea of the recruiting pool in which we are involved with is a good thing.  Sure, we're not going to sign every player mentioned in this thread but it's nice to see who/what types of players we are actively recruiting.  Also, I would imagine very few players sign with a team that they have never been previously associated with.  :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »
people forget how bleak 2011 looked for a LONG time. Mentions are positive things.