Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 981023 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
"CollegiateHoops DeAnte Mitchell
Rice & San Francisco offered Missouri PG Travis Jorgenson recently. Colorado & Kansas State has shown interest."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »
Thorpe staying in W. PA for his JR yr:

"His(Thorpe's) production on the circuit thus far has earned him offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and Wisconsin.

"Some of the new interest I have been getting is from Kansas State, Baylor, Xavier, and Davidson. Baylor is really close to offering."

After considering a move to one of the basketball powerhouse schools in New Jersey, Thorpe and his family have decided to remain at Shaler for another year. After a strong sophomore season in the WPIAL for the Titans, Thorpe helped lead his team to a section title playing off of the ball.

"I had a long talk with some people. Like my dad, AAU Director, and some coaches. I realized that staying at Shaler wouldn't hurt my recruiting so we made the decision to stay at Shaler."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1241347

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 21, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
Scoop master Kline already reported the "Thorpe not transferring news" about 10 days ago, but at least there's some info in that latest update, albeit not as interesting as I originally thought it was. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
Scoop master Kline already reported the "Thorpe not transferring news" about 10 days ago, but at least there's some info in that latest update, albeit not as interesting as I originally thought it was. 

i'm not sure the thorpe story has been entirely decided.  maybe better to call it planning on staying at shaler as of now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 21, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
Gratuitous '13 roundup

Per DeAnte Mitchell of Collegiate Hoop, KSU recently extended an offer to the 4* 6'5" 210 wing from Ottawa. Already holding offers from Wisconsin and Missouri, Ojeleye also reportedly received offers from Marquette, Oklahoma St, and Oregon St.

The offer to Ojeleye means there are 6 reported outstanding offers from the KSU staff for the Class of '13. Given that we are only halfway through the live July recruiting period, we could see this list increase in the near future. For the time being, other reported offers include:

- Malcolm Hill 6'5" 190 wing Belleville, IL(East) SW IL Jets
Consensus Top 40 player nationally

- Antravious Simmons 6'9" 225 PF Miami, FL(S. Miami) Team Breakdown

- Kasey Hill 6'0" 160 PG Monteverde, FL(Monteverde Academy)
Florida Rams Black
Rivals currently ranks Hill as a 3* but based on his recent stellar play on the AAU circuit, look for that to dramatically change to possible 5* status

- Allerik Freeman 6'4" 210 Combo G Charlotte, NC(Olympia)
Nike Team Florida
Consensus Top 50 player nationally, could potentially be ranked in the Top 20 in his class.

- Tyler Roberson 6'7" 190 Combo F Roselle, NJ Roselle Catholic
NJ Roadrunners
Rivals currently ranks him as a Top 100 prospect and based on the analysts comments on his play, look for him to make a jump in the rankings when those are reworked.

A couple other prospects KSU may be on the verge of offering:

- Geno Thorpe 6'3" 170 Combo G Pittsburgh, PA(Shaler) NJ Playaz

- Travis Jorgenson 5'11" 165 PG Columbia, MO(Rock Bridge) KC Pump N Run

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2011, 03:35:24 PM »
Gratuitous '13 roundup

Per DeAnte Mitchell of Collegiate Hoop, KSU recently extended an offer to the 4* 6'5" 210 wing from Ottawa. Already holding offers from Wisconsin and Missouri, Ojeleye also reportedly received offers from Marquette, Oklahoma St, and Oregon St.

The offer to Ojeleye means there are 6 reported outstanding offers from the KSU staff for the Class of '13. Given that we are only halfway through the live July recruiting period, we could see this list increase in the near future. For the time being, other reported offers include:

- Malcolm Hill 6'5" 190 wing Belleville, IL(East) SW IL Jets
Consensus Top 40 player nationally

- Antravious Simmons 6'9" 225 PF Miami, FL(S. Miami) Team Breakdown

- Kasey Hill 6'0" 160 PG Monteverde, FL(Monteverde Academy)
Florida Rams Black
Rivals currently ranks Hill as a 3* but based on his recent stellar play on the AAU circuit, look for that to dramatically change to possible 5* status

- Allerik Freeman 6'4" 210 Combo G Charlotte, NC(Olympia)
Nike Team Florida
Consensus Top 50 player nationally, could potentially be ranked in the Top 20 in his class.

- Tyler Roberson 6'7" 190 Combo F Roselle, NJ Roselle Catholic
NJ Roadrunners
Rivals currently ranks him as a Top 100 prospect and based on the analysts comments on his play, look for him to make a jump in the rankings when those are reworked.

A couple other prospects KSU may be on the verge of offering:

- Geno Thorpe 6'3" 170 Combo G Pittsburgh, PA(Shaler) NJ Playaz

:eek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
Gratuitous '13 roundup

:eek:

Yeah, that's usually not the most positive sign for KSU, we finished 2nd for Denmon though!  :ksu:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
great summary.  could also maybe include the nyc pf in the verge of offering category.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
great summary.  could also maybe include the nyc pf in the verge of offering category.

Jermaine Lawrence? All eyes on Recruit Scoop :users:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
UW,

you need  "contributor" under your name.

that is all.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 21, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
Feels like it's going to be a great year of recruiting BBS'ing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 21, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »
Jermaine Lawrence? All eyes on Recruit Scoop :users:

yes.  i know the mentioning hasn't been enough to bump him that high, but he makes so much sense as a target.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
Thinking about starting a new rivals site and just copy/pasting all of sys' and uw's recruiting info, would easily dwarf the gpc info and make me feel like a big man.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 21, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Thinking about starting a new rivals site and just copy/pasting all of sys' and uw's recruiting info, would easily dwarf the gpc info and make me feel like a big man.

i mean, i appreciate the sentiment, but i mostly just steal bossi and rob's stuff and summarize it here.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 21, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

i mean, i appreciate the sentiment, but i mostly just steal bossi and rob's stuff and summarize it here.

Yeah, anything I post here has already been posted somewhere else, and, yes, a great majority of that does come from GPC and the Rivals network.

I guess you could call me a parasite, but at least I hope I'm a persistent parasite.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »

Yeah, anything I post here has already been posted somewhere else, and, yes, a great majority of that does come from GPC and the Rivals network.

I guess you could call me a parasite, but at least I hope I'm a persistent parasite.

Would prefer to call you a filter.  You filter out all the other crap from sources and only give us the useful info. 

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »

Would prefer to call you a filter.  You filter out all the other crap from sources and only give us the useful info. 

Will take  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
fellas, whatever you get from steve dave is 100% steve dave original.  these regurgitators disgust me (steve dave). 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 21, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
You may be parasites but at least you're not leeches that feed on tucks by pretending to actually run a recruiting website.  Though I guess gpc considers itself more of a fan site these days...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 21, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »
fellas, whatever you get from steve dave is 100% steve dave original.  these regurgitators disgust me (steve dave). 

This is why steve dave is the best recruiting poster on the BBS circuit.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:18 AM »
WTF is BBS ??

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:21 AM »
WTF is BBS ??

Bulletin Board System. Can be used as a verb or noun.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
Texas just offered 2013 guard Al Freeman.

:shakesfist:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
Geno Thorpe, Stewart’s backcourt mate with the NJ Playaz, listed offers from Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and Wisconsin to go along with Baylor and Kansas State. He has no favorites at this point.

“Probably between Rutgers and Wisconsin,” Thorpe said of who is recruiting him the hardest.

He has taken visits to Rutgers, Seton Hall and Pitt. As for planned trips, he said, “I go to Wisconsin August 15th.”

Thorpe said location is not a factor and he does not have a timetable for a commitment.

Contrary to rumors saying otherwise, Thorpe said he will definitely be back at Shaler Area HS, near Pittsburgh (PA), next year.

no mention of any plans to visit kstate.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0724/2011-orlando-aau-notebook-part-2/