Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 965575 times)

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3550 on: June 28, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
Why, oh why, do I continue to look into this thread......................... :sdeek: :flush:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: June 28, 2013, 09:18:17 AM »
Interestingly, his other offers are actually from low-mid majors (outside of maybe the Beach). Meh, whatever. We'll just oscar him after next year anyway.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1494532

That says as of April 11th he didn't have any offers.  Like not even from the low majors.
No one thought he had a chance in hell to qualify.   

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3552 on: June 28, 2013, 09:26:13 AM »
Gimmie Jack Krap.

it'd be nice to have an armenian.  maybe he'd make lamb.

Made me think of this...

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: June 28, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »
Interestingly, his other offers are actually from low-mid majors (outside of maybe the Beach). Meh, whatever. We'll just oscar him after next year anyway.

That says as of April 11th he didn't have any offers.  Like not even from the low majors.

He's also a strong student at Los Angeles' Cathedral High School, meaning whichever program does offer the sleeper prospect won't have to worry about him qualifying.

From the same article.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »

He's also a strong student at Los Angeles' Cathedral High School, meaning whichever program does offer the sleeper prospect won't have to worry about him qualifying.

From the same article.

We're pulling a kid in July.  No one here should be pretending that this is some sort of steal.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: June 28, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »

From the same article.

We're pulling a kid in July.  No one here should be pretending that this is some sort of steal.
He is not good, but I have heard his transcript is effed up, then again apparently his is a strong student. Kinda weird.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 28, 2013, 09:44:14 AM »
I say we just hold the scholarship, write next year off, and hope oscar and Co. get some of those kids they're in on for 2014.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
Next yr is going to be like getting hit in the head with a hammer a couple times a week and then having a bunch of ppl comment daily on how bad of a shot that hammer gave you.

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: June 28, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »

From the same article.

He is not good, but I have heard his transcript is effed up, then again apparently his is a strong student. Kinda weird.

This is correct from what I have heard also. Very similar to another Cali recruit oscar had at Illinois, Quinton Watkins. He was a very good student but had really screwed up transcripts from attending multiple high schools in different districts, with different requirements. Some schools backed off because they didn't know if he'd be cleared to play. Most schools never really expressed any serious interest due to that uncertainty. Don't know if he's any good but his lack of offers was more to do with qualifying issues.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 28, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
Don't know why you guys are so freaked out about lack of schollie offers.  It says right there on his rivals he had offers from such bastions of west coast basketball as Seattle U, San Jose St, UC Irvine, and UC Davis. http://rivals.yahoo.com/nevadaprepreport/basketball/recruiting/player-Jack-Karapetyan-150804

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »

:dubious:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:07 PM »

:dubious:

my guess is because he sucks but that's just imo

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: June 28, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »

This is correct from what I have heard also. Very similar to another Cali recruit oscar had at Illinois, Quinton Watkins. He was a very good student but had really screwed up transcripts from attending multiple high schools in different districts, with different requirements. Some schools backed off because they didn't know if he'd be cleared to play. Most schools never really expressed any serious interest due to that uncertainty. Don't know if he's any good but his lack of offers was more to do with qualifying issues.

Watkins was not a "very good student."  He didn't go anywhere in 2007.  Not even juco.  Enrolled at SDSU in January of 2008 and was out of school by April that same year.  Didn't turn up in the juco ranks until 2010 and is now playing D-II ball.  You're a rough ridin' dumbass. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »

Watkins was not a "very good student."  He didn't go anywhere in 2007.  Not even juco.  Enrolled at SDSU in January of 2008 and was out of school by April that same year.  Didn't turn up in the juco ranks until 2010 and is now playing D-II ball.  You're a rough ridin' dumbass.

You're a dimwitted buffoon! Watkins was a very good student in high school. He had over a 3.0 grade point average in a 4.0 system. U of I admin cleared him to enroll and he took summer classes at U of I while he roomed with Jeff Jordan during the summer. The clearing house then ruled him ineligible because there is an exit exam required in Cali called the CAHSEE that every student is required to take and pass which through all of his high school transfers someone dropped the ball and he never took it. There is also a community service requirement of alteast 20 hours but some districts in Cali require more and they required him to complete more hours since his last school required 30 hours. Quinton went back to Cali after the summer semester, passed the CAHSEE on his first and only try and completed the service hours in one weekend but decided to not return to U of I. Next time know what you are talking about.  :gocho:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #3564 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
Quote from: Rivals
Score, rebound, pass, run the break, block shots; Jack Karapetyan can do a little bit of everything.

A 6-7 forward with Middlebrook Prep, Karapetyan is one signature away from becoming a known commodity.

"There's a lot of programs that could use a player like him," Karapetyan's coach, William Middlebrooks told GoldenBearReport recently.

The quintessential stat-stuffer, Karapetyan has been known to lead his squad in scoring one night and then gobble-up rebounds and assists the next.

"His recruitment got started kind of late because he didn't really play for anyone last summer, but he's playing for the Compton Magic this spring so he'll definitely get noticed," said Middlebrooks. "Once he's seen in the spring, I don't think he'll last more than a week without an offer."

The absence of scholarship offers doesn't mean colleges haven't started to take notice.

"At last check, the schools that seemed most interested were Kansas State, Penn State, UC Irvine, Pepperdine and Davidson," noted Middlebrooks. "I think he's a guy who could play high major but who could also blow-up on the mid-major level because he'd put-up numbers immediately."

For his part, the 2013 hoopster isn't overly concerned with his still yet to be determined landing spot.

"He's smart enough not to jump at the first offer," said Middlebrooks. "He wants to play in a major conference but at the same time, he wants to go somewhere where he's utilized, so it just depends on how the coach is planning to use him."

And though no coaches have pulled the trigger, to see Karapetyan play is to know he won't have to wait much longer.

"He loves basketball," remarked Middlebrooks. "He's a high energy guy who can impact games in many different ways. There's a spot on a lot of rosters for a guy like that."

http://cal.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1494532

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: June 28, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: June 28, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »
I say we just hold the scholarship, write next year off, and hope oscar and Co. get some of those kids they're in on for 2014.

never hold any ships.  always give someone a chance and if he's no good, replace him the following year.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:44 PM »

never hold any ships.  always give someone a chance and if he's no good, replace him the following year.

And you better recruit like he suck balls now tho. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: June 28, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »

I'm a derpy fuckface who does know crap.  I'm sorry that I tried to mislead everyone with my ignorance.  Thank you for correcting me Mr Bread.

No problem, bud. 

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: June 28, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »

I'm a derpy fuckface who does know crap.  I'm sorry that I tried to mislead everyone with my ignorance.  Thank you for correcting me Mr Bread.

No problem, bud.

Now that was just pathetic! Just man up and admit you thought you knew what you were talking about based off of a stupidly idiotic assumption, that since you couldn't find info about Watkins going to another school somewhere else, that he wasn't a good student. It shouldn't hurt your mangina too much to admit you made a mistake. Next time you wanna pick an info fight with someone about U of I recruits do it with someone who doesn't have student admin info from the U of I and you won't have to get mushed!  :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: June 28, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »

I'm a derpy fuckface who doesn't know crap.  I'm sorry that I tried to mislead everyone with my ignorance.  Thank you for correcting me Mr Bread.

No problem, bud.

Again, I'd just like to say what a complete rough ridin' crap sack dunce I am and sincerely apologize for my raging derpitude.  In fact if you'd permit me, I'd like to suck on your balls as an act of contrition.  I'm really, really rough ridin' contrite and I'd like to suck on those balls of yours.  Thoughts?

No thanks, bud.  You hang in there. 

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #3571 on: June 28, 2013, 03:31:14 PM »

Offline quietstorm5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 28, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »

I'm a derpy fuckface who doesn't know crap.  I'm sorry that I tried to mislead everyone with my ignorance.  Thank you for correcting me Mr Bread.

No problem, bud.

Again, I'd just like to say what a complete rough ridin' crap sack dunce I am and sincerely apologize for my raging derpitude.  In fact if you'd permit me, I'd like to suck on your balls as an act of contrition.  I'm really, really rough ridin' contrite and I'd like to suck on those balls of yours.  Thoughts?

No thanks, bud.  You hang in there.

Oh now I get it, your gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you. But you can just lead off with that when you get smashed with facts then everyone will know why you can't admit your wrong, you like getting smashed as often as possible. I'm not into that tho, so I'd really prefer not to play any part in your fantasy to get smashed by members of this board. Thanks in advance for understanding but good luck in your search of a man for that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
quietstorm seems a little.........unstable.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 28, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »
quietstorm seems a little.........unstable.

Yeah, I actually thought he was winning.  But that temper tantrum woof! 
@lopakman