Author Topic: Omaha Zoo  (Read 1543 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Omaha Zoo
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2024, 10:13:23 AM »
Omaha Zoo was a ritual for the 8 boys growing up.  We had friends in Sioux Falls, so it was a great place to meet.  Usually did the zoo and the dad's would take in a CWS game or two at Rosenblatt before it was really popular.  Kids would swim.  UP museum at union station. Wander the Con Agra campus who was my employer at the time.

I think in our time the aquarium, rain forest, and desert dome were new attractions.

I am old enough to remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom TV show growing up myself.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2024, 08:46:35 PM »
Omaha Zoo was a ritual for the 8 boys growing up.  We had friends in Sioux Falls, so it was a great place to meet.  Usually did the zoo and the dad's would take in a CWS game or two at Rosenblatt before it was really popular.  Kids would swim.  UP museum at union station. Wander the Con Agra campus who was my employer at the time.

I think in our time the aquarium, rain forest, and desert dome were new attractions.

I am old enough to remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom TV show growing up myself.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
I can remember some MOWK myself.   Omaha zoo has become a bit of a ritual for the Schreds family as well.  This is our 4th year coming up here on Memorial day weekend. Big fans of the aquarium and the American swamp at the bottom of the desert dome.  Mrs Schreds and lil Schreds like the kiddo area as well (although today splash park and little river were closed so that sucked.  We enjoy Omaha.  Kind if hope one of these years we forego the zoo and spend the weekend doing other stuff.   Usually too wiped out after the zoo to do anything other than go eat (Hook & Lime ftw) and go back to the hotel and swim.  Hopefully have an irl Steve Dave encounter someday as well.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2024, 08:55:20 PM »
Omaha whips fuckin’ ass no doubt guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2024, 10:46:03 AM »
Omaha whips fuckin’ ass no doubt guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love this level of midwest city pride! What is the most worn OMA shirt up there Mr. Dave?