Author Topic: "I never recruit any of those guys. I don't want us to waste our time and energy  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/kansas-states-snyder-like-his-team-remains-one-1977098.html

Kansas State has just one five-star player on the team — a transfer from Miami — and three four-stars.

"I never recruit any of those guys. I don't want us to waste our time and energy," Snyder said. "Most of 'em are not interested in us. We had a five-star player, an offensive lineman, from the state of Texas. He never played a down."

:sdeek:

Doesn't sound like how Snyder ever talks.

Reporter probably took some Ambien and wrote the story the next morning based upon a hazy memory.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not but eff it-  Noticed that Seiwart kid we have committed has been moved from RB to the OL for Conway Springs.  Guess the kid is pretty BA.  Curious if we'll move him to TE or maybe a DE? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not but eff it-  Noticed that Seiwart kid we have committed has been moved from RB to the OL for Conway Springs.  Guess the kid is pretty BA.  Curious if we'll move him to TE or maybe a DE? 

seems pretty BA if he made that move from RB to OL.  that's a tough transition.   :flush:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/kansas-states-snyder-like-his-team-remains-one-1977098.html

Kansas State has just one five-star player on the team — a transfer from Miami — and three four-stars.

"I never recruit any of those guys. I don't want us to waste our time and energy," Snyder said. "Most of 'em are not interested in us. We had a five-star player, an offensive lineman, from the state of Texas. He never played a down."

:sdeek:

I thought this was a joke, but then I read the article.  :goodbyecruelworld:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm fine with classes full of 3 star kids.its the  dolds, hrebecks, hartmans, and houliks that scare me

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
I'm fine with classes full of 3 star kids.its the  dolds, hrebecks, hartmans, and houliks that scare me

aren't those all prince recruits?  :dunno:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

seems pretty BA if he made that move from RB to OL.  that's a tough transition.   :flush:

rough ridin' read that three times, all three times he did indeed say from rb to ol. i find that hard to believe

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

rough ridin' read that three times, all three times he did indeed say from rb to ol. i find that hard to believe

When I was in middle school, we played a team that had a 250 pound fatass running back.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not but eff it-  Noticed that Seiwart kid we have committed has been moved from RB to the OL for Conway Springs.  Guess the kid is pretty BA.  Curious if we'll move him to TE or maybe a DE?  

seems pretty BA if he made that move from RB to OL.  that's a tough transition.   :flush:

When I was in middle school, we played a team that had a 250 pound fatass running back.
was he a d1 prospect?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:41:45 PM by kslimlb3 »

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

:dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:dunno:

Same weight, but the kid was like 13 years old. He was a butter ball. It was hilarious.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guess the kid beefed up to like 265 to make the move. Seems like a very good athlete (as he's reported to be) playing on one of the lines could be a good thing.  :dunno:   This is just crap I read in the paper bros. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Why wouldn't/shouldn't five-star recruits be interested in KSU?

Do you really not know the answer to this?

Plus, Holakeituai was a Rivals  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Back then, they didn't know to rate JCs, most were 5 and 4 stars. Now, just a few are.

That is correct.  All of the guys listed below were key contributors in the DOD and would have been 5 star players in today's ranking system with the exception on Scoby.  The loser tuck talking point that "we've never been able to recruit four and five stars so why try" is idiotic and baseless.

Jeff Kelly

Michael Bishop

Frank Murphy

Quincy Morgan

Josh Scoby

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure if Bishop would have been a 5*.  We were like the only team that wanted him as a qb.  Guess he could have been a 5* athlete but he never played anything but QB so I'm not sure about that either....