Author Topic: Students/Winters  (Read 13627 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Students/Winters
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
My only problem with the wildcat claw is that we don't do it enough. We should do it as often as we Wabash and make T-Shirts promoting the WC. We should also tell ESPN some story about how Purple Haze was mistakenly packed on the bus to a road game one time and band decided to give it a try. The rest, as they say, is history.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
My goodness, the students are fine.  They have always been great.  The student section wasn't any better when you were in it than it is now, and vise-versa.  The only time that the student section suffered was when we started to suck at football, and it wasn't their fault.  We just sucked at football.

Do the claw, wabash, punt chants, other chants.  Do whatever and  :lol: at you dorks acting like rough ridin' wise-men of student sections gone by.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
My goodness, the students are fine.  They have always been great.  The student section wasn't any better when you were in it than it is now, and vise-versa.  The only time that the student section suffered was when we started to suck at football, and it wasn't their fault.  We just sucked at football.

Do the claw, wabash, punt chants, other chants.  Do whatever and  :lol: at you dorks acting like rough ridin' wise-men of student sections gone by.
butt hurt student who though he was good at emawing?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
I don't care about the student chants.  As long as they're loud as crap, they can do whatever they want.  I'm just a little dismayed by the attendance.  I understand being an alcoholic when we suck - but when we're good, stop being an alcoholic for 3 hours, 6 saturdays a season and attend the football game. 

I watched on TV. No spill over into grass. In fact, northernmost section was 50% full, at best. By 4th Q, 100% empty.

That's 100% inaccurate.

1st Quarter (better than I remember - pretty much full - no spillover)

3rd Quarter
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:16:59 PM by Belvis Noland »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
STUDENTS! :angry:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
Guys we were kicking their rough ridin' asses and there were probably beers to drink outside. :drink:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »
Jesus belvis, the game was over, of course many of the students were going to booze it up in the parking lot. Pro-tip: most students care way more about tailgating than football. Fact.
:adios:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Jesus belvis, the game was over, of course many of the students were going to booze it up in the parking lot. Pro-tip: most students care way more about copulating than football. Fact.

FYP

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
I don't care about the student chants.  As long as they're loud as crap, they can do whatever they want.  I'm just a little dismayed by the attendance.  I understand being an alcoholic when we suck - but when we're good, stop being an alcoholic for 3 hours, 6 saturdays a season and attend the football game. 

I watched on TV. No spill over into grass. In fact, northernmost section was 50% full, at best. By 4th Q, 100% empty.

That's 100% inaccurate.

1st Quarter (better than I remember - pretty much full - no spillover)

3rd Quarter

Not sure why you give a crap, but if you look at the 1st screen shot there are some students at the top of the hill on the grass, I can confirm, since I saw them with my eyes.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 04:08:40 PM »
Also why the eff would there be students on the grass? They bought tickets to go inside, not sit on the grass.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

butt hurt student who though he was good at emawing?

not quite. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
Also why the eff would there be students on the grass? They bought tickets to go inside, not sit on the grass.

eighteen inches is probably why

Offline Stater311

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
I don't understand the butt hurt around the claw thing

It adds nothing to the game and is a has-been thing that we just stole from Baylor and A&M. I'd rather the students just make a bunch of rough ridin' noise. No team has ever said, "o no, the students hands are going back and forth, now it's harder to communicate and convert this 3rd down." It's just for show.  It's the combo of no affect on the opponent and lack of originality.

and came about during the Prince years

Exactly why it needs to go away. It's the problem with all the rough ridin' kids now. They don't understand that it's not about "looking cool so you get on tv" it's about making noise. Your hand should be forming a cone at your mouth, directing the rage and anger directly at the opposing quarterback.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »

eighteen inches is probably why

But 18 inches isn't an issue in the student section since everyone is standing.  The obese in non-ICAT/GA sections should be sent to the grass.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »
Lol at 18... I had about 7, but I did stroll in about 10 minutes before game time and walk down to the third row. :elite: :gocho:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »

It adds nothing to the game and is a has-been thing that we just stole from Baylor and A&M. I'd rather the students just make a bunch of rough ridin' noise. No team has ever said, "o no, the students hands are going back and forth, now it's harder to communicate and convert this 3rd down." It's just for show.  It's the combo of no affect on the opponent and lack of originality.

Exactly why it needs to go away. It's the problem with all the rough ridin' kids now. They don't understand that it's not about "looking cool so you get on tv" it's about making noise. Your hand should be forming a cone at your mouth, directing the rage and anger directly at the opposing quarterback.

K-State needs to hire you to walk up and down the aisles of the student section and constantly get in their faces and make them get pumped and make noise. None of this hand signal garbage, amirite?

Offline Stater311

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »

K-State needs to hire you to walk up and down the aisles of the student section and constantly get in their faces and make them get pumped and make noise. None of this hand signal garbage, amirite?

When I was in the student section I never had a voice afterwards.  03-07 were fun times.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

Not sure why you give a crap, but if you look at the 1st screen shot there are some students at the top of the hill on the grass, I can confirm, since I saw them with my eyes.

I only give a crap b/c you said I was 100% wrong.  Just responding to your claim.  That's all.   :thumbsup:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »

When I was in the student section I never had a voice afterwards.  03-07 were fun times.

No,they sucked, for the most part.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
Jesus belvis, the game was over, of course many of the students were going to booze it up in the parking lot. Pro-tip: most students care way more about tailgating than football. Fact.

Well, it was 24-6 and Miami got the ball to start the 2nd half.  So, it wasn't over.  I mean, to the students it was over, i guess.   

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
NO rough ridin' DUDES FOR CROWD SURFING YOU eff FACE BROS!

Why on earth not? Never understood this one.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
I know quite a few that missed second half kickoff for tailgating but were back a few minutes late, and others like myself who were in line for concessions

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2012, 04:43:49 PM »
I know quite a few that missed second half kickoff for tailgating but were back a few minutes late, and others like myself who were in line for concessions

I was one of the former. (not student though) I had a goal of 4 halftime beers and GD it i met that goal

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
(Not a student here, but still have student mentality.)  This was the first game I've ever stayed inside for the entire time. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
NO rough ridin' DUDES FOR CROWD SURFING YOU eff FACE BROS!

Why on earth not? Never understood this one.

serious question?