Author Topic: furlough's  (Read 17238 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: furlough's
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2015, 04:28:06 PM »
We've moved from discussing furloughs to discussing how we can best organize western kansas. I like making all the territory west of Saline into one county. Maybe even just call it "the West" or something cool. But if not, we should just consolidate every 2x2 quadrant of counties into one.

We should consolidate Wyandotte and Johnson counties.

Johnson County would lead an uprising if anybody tried to do that. The dott's where the poors live (they've got the Legends, though). And Johnson County has Olathe, so maybe they're not as high and mighty as they pretend to be.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
I think we have the right number of counties. I like the idea of smaller government and more local control.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
We've moved from discussing furloughs to discussing how we can best organize western kansas. I like making all the territory west of Saline into one county. Maybe even just call it "the West" or something cool. But if not, we should just consolidate every 2x2 quadrant of counties into one.

I cannot imagine it would change much.  If you have effectively insulated yourself deep enough in the heart of JOCO you are immune from negative things.  Basically, if you are in the Blue Valley SD you cannot be harmed

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

It could save KCK from becoming KCMO, though.

Johnson County would lead an uprising if anybody tried to do that. The dott's where the poors live (they've got the Legends, though). And Johnson County has Olathe, so maybe they're not as high and mighty as they pretend to be.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2015, 04:46:41 PM »
Yea, I don't want anything to do with the dot! All joking aside though and back to the point, consolidation in KS in (but not limited to) government and school would be a solid thing that could help us get our budget back in order.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »
We should consolidate the govt so that Western ks is one district/county/whateves.  Make the district seat in salina, and just yell at them yearly as to why they aren't doing better. 

We should send them no money and let them Wild West themselves by the bootstraps. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

How about instead of calling it a town name, we call it something easier to remember, like a number? Its more efficient that way with less characters.  And then when these school districts want more money could send students to Topeka to advocate on their behalf.  We could have tests of strength and skill.  Hell we could even help cleave off some of the population and make them fight to the death and the winner gets to take money back to their district. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
Yea, I don't want anything to do with the dot! All joking aside though and back to the point, consolidation in KS in (but not limited to) government and school would be a solid thing that could help us get our budget back in order.
Talk to someone in education and stop listening to dick wipes who run with talking points that have no knowledge of education in Kansas. Consolation has already been taking place and it has decimated services in rural areas.  Not really effective to have superintendents who can't visit their in a reasonable amount of time.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

And you know why it will never happen? "Saving money" and "efficiency" also equals a lot of layoffs. Those unnecessary school districts are the lifeblood of some of those small towns.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »
Talk to someone in education and stop listening to dick wipes who run with talking points that have no knowledge of education in Kansas. Consolation has already been taking place and it has decimated services in rural areas.  Not really effective to have superintendents who can't visit their in a reasonable amount of time.

See? "Decimated services" etc. It's the same old excuse every time.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »

Please respond with facts and less talking points, k-thanks-bye.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »

Says the person whose model of government is Minnesota. :lol: What facts do you need? It's already been mentioned that KS has one of the highest number of counties and school districts per capita in the entire country. People can use their own judgment as to whether that's efficient.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »

And you know why it will never happen? "Saving money" and "efficiency" also equals a lot of layoffs. Those unnecessary school districts are the lifeblood of some of those small towns.

Yeah, sounds like a good reason to keep them open.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »

If you like laying off unnecessary employees, lets decriminalize drugs, shut down like half the prisons, and layoff half the guards and half the police force.  Bam!  Money in our pocket.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2015, 08:30:06 PM »

If you like laying off unnecessary employees, lets decriminalize drugs, shut down like half the prisons, and layoff half the guards and half the police force.  Bam!  Money in our pocket.

Sounds like there might be a downside to that approach. I don't think most druggies are in prison for weed. Could be wrong though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2015, 08:38:51 PM »
Idk about just ks, but the national numbers are huge.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »

Says the person whose model of government is Minnesota. :lol: What facts do you need? It's already been mentioned that KS has one of the highest number of counties and school districts per capita in the entire country. People can use their own judgment as to whether that's efficient.

Do you understand how rural areas work?  You need to stop with the schtick that makes these counties and SDs out to be all the size of Johnson county.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
Does anyone know how government became stereotyped as inefficient, inflexible and tedious?

Does anyone know how government employees became stereotyped as lazy, selfish and rude?

Because none of those things scream of "not enough money" or "not enough people"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »
So feel free to check my math, but looks like as of 2012 KS had the 10th highest number of school districts per capita, and the 7th highest number of counties per capita. That doesn't sound very efficient at all. But I guess I just "don't know how rural counties work."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

What benefit do I derive from paying higher taxes so Gove County, Kansas can have three school districts? Three school districts, three sets of administrators, in a county of less than 3,000 people.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
I don't believe Gove county has three school districts. The entire county can't be more than 1200 people. I'd bet there are less than 300 kids in all of Gove county.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »

What benefit do I derive from paying higher taxes so Gove County, Kansas can have three school districts? Three school districts, three sets of administrators, in a county of less than 3,000 people.

The number of school districts in Gove County is completely irrelevant. Districts are based around cities, not counties, and there is at least one district that I am aware of that is consolidated across 2 counties. There is no money at the state level to be saved by consolidating counties. There may be some money to be saved on your county mill levy, but that comes at a cost of a loss of local control, which is a basic principal of conservative governance.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
Why are we even educating these hayseeds?  if you want schoolin' move to civilization
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
Why are we even educating these hayseeds?  if you want schoolin' move to civilization

Because of the God damned activist judges, that's why. :curse:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2015, 11:02:42 PM »
If all these schools are broke, why didn't they just raise their mill levy?

The Big Train

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »
man these furlough's really pissed everybody off