Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 438425 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1325 on: February 29, 2016, 08:59:47 AM »
Good take away
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 29, 2016, 09:11:45 AM »
Good take away

My overall take away is that Donald Trump ought to be able to denounce the KKK without "looking into it." But this is the same guy who just blamed GWB for 9/11 and the "lying" about WMD in Iraq, who has no plan for replacing Obamacare except for "getting of rid of the lines around the states," and has said any number of moronic things. He's a buffoon. I think I've said that before. Many times, actually. It might surprise you to know that I don't support Trump for the GOP nomination. Even though I think he can beat Hillary, I think he'd be a very poor president.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 29, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
John Oliver's take on Trump.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 29, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »
Denouncing the kkk probably isn't in the best interests for someone attempting to become the republican nominee

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1329 on: February 29, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
John Oliver's take on Trump.

It was pretty great.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 29, 2016, 10:54:18 AM »

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 29, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Good take away

My overall take away is that Donald Trump ought to be able to denounce the KKK without "looking into it." But this is the same guy who just blamed GWB for 9/11 and the "lying" about WMD in Iraq, who has no plan for replacing Obamacare except for "getting of rid of the lines around the states," and has said any number of moronic things. He's a buffoon. I think I've said that before. Many times, actually. It might surprise you to know that I don't support Trump for the GOP nomination. Even though I think he can beat Hillary, I think he'd be a very poor president.

How is this different from the rest of the GOP, they have had the house for 5 years and still haven't passed any sort of replacement bill. They now have a memo that basically just say get rid of state lines, a good idea, among with a various of tax credits. Nobody on the right has an actual plan to replace Obamacar,  just a bunch of talking points.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 29, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
Denouncing the kkk probably isn't in the best interests for someone attempting to become the republican nominee

pretty broad brush you're painting with there lib

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 29, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »

;)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 29, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »
Good take away

How is this different from the rest of the GOP, they have had the house for 5 years and still haven't passed any sort of replacement bill. They now have a memo that basically just say get rid of state lines, a good idea, among with a various of tax credits. Nobody on the right has an actual plan to replace Obamacar,  just a bunch of talking points.

You are once again talking out of your ass, good sir. No, the GOP has not actually passed a replacement bill. But you could have simply Google'd "republican plan to replace obamacare," which would have led you to any number of articles and press releases on various detailed plans. Just for example...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/02/05/the-impressive-new-obamacare-replace-plan-from-republicans-burr-hatch-and-upton
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/256960-consensus-emerging-in-gop-on-how-to-replace-obamacare
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:36 PM »
I actually removing the state line option may be better for the middle class than Obamacare. What should have happened is that Obamacare should have removed state lines as a part of the larger legislation. There is a legit concern about price fixing but these insurance companies only goal is to be profitable, because of that I would hope legit competition would bring prices down and options up.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 29, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
Good take away

You are once again talking out of your ass, good sir. No, the GOP has not actually passed a replacement bill. But you could have simply Google'd "republican plan to replace obamacare," which would have led you to any number of articles and press releases on various detailed plans. Just for example...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/02/05/the-impressive-new-obamacare-replace-plan-from-republicans-burr-hatch-and-upton
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/256960-consensus-emerging-in-gop-on-how-to-replace-obamacare

Ok the second one is literally talking points like I was saying. And the first one seems to be ok, but again it doesn't answer question like how do you tackle the problem of pre existing conditions, it just says different regulation procedures, what does that even mean? Again deregulation and Tax credits are a part of plan, but it's got to be more specific than that. But hey the GOP has only had the house for 5 years, so maybe this is the year they come out with a complete plan.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:18:57 PM by chuckjames »

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 29, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
I actually removing the state line option may be better for the middle class than Obamacare. What should have happened is that Obamacare should have removed state lines as a part of the larger legislation. There is a legit concern about price fixing but these insurance companies only goal is to be profitable, because of that I would hope legit competition would bring prices down and options up.

I agree and it allows the companies to basically split up states so they can all be very profitable. I'm actually interested in why democrats aren't for that.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 29, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »

I agree and it allows the companies to basically split up states so they can all be very profitable. I'm actually interested in why democrats aren't for that.

I am guessing it is campaign contributions that are keeping ppl from making this happen.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »

I am guessing it is campaign contributions that are keeping ppl from making this happen.
Well I mean the rationale they publicize on why it would be bad. I heard it once but I forgot.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 29, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
The republicans have passed a bill to repeal Obamacare, and it was vetoed. It seems silly to criticize them for not replacing Obamacare when they can't get rid of it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 29, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »

Well I mean the rationale they publicize on why it would be bad. I heard it once but I forgot.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this whole exchange among libs is hilarious. "[spoken in hushed tones] you know, I think allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines might help bring down prices...."

The reason Dems fight tooth and nail against this, btw, is because once you allow policies to be purchased anywhere you effectively kill minimum coverage mandates. The policies will simply be sold from whichever states regulate their policies the least. It is VERY important to a number of industries (mental health, acupuncture, etc.) that their services be included in minimum coverage mandates. They lobby heavily for this.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »

Trump seems to be proving him right, though.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »
The republicans have passed a bill to repeal Obamacare, and it was vetoed. It seems silly to criticize them for not replacing Obamacare when they can't get rid of it.
Are you the same idiot who blames the dems for shutting down the government when the Republicans held it hostage for repealing Obamacare and no one wanted to do that because it wasn't actually "negotiating" about policy issues?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 29, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
Are you the same idiot who blames the dems for shutting down the government when the Republicans held it hostage for repealing Obamacare and no one wanted to do that because it wasn't actually "negotiating" about policy issues?

no

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »

I know I shouldn't laugh, but this whole exchange among libs is hilarious. "[spoken in hushed tones] you know, I think allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines might help bring down prices...."

The reason Dems fight tooth and nail against this, btw, is because once you allow policies to be purchased anywhere you effectively kill minimum coverage mandates. The policies will simply be sold from whichever states regulate their policies the least. It is VERY important to a number of industries (mental health, acupuncture, etc.) that their services be included in minimum coverage mandates. They lobby heavily for this.

This makes sense I was gonna say I doubt the more liberal states want to give up their consumer protection regulations. But you say tomato, I say tomatah. As with most things. And I do think it would be a race to the bottom on actual having coverage that doesn't screw the consumer. But alas the current state based regulations aren't great either.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 29, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
WTF? The minimum coverage mandates are federal, how in the eff does that change with removal of state lines?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 29, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »
WTF? The minimum coverage mandates are federal, how in the eff does that change with removal of state lines?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »

This hasn't stopped them from coming out with complete tax plans and budgets, try knew would be vetoed?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 29, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »

This hasn't stopped them from coming out with complete tax plans and budgets, try knew would be vetoed?

A budget bill was just passed in December. :dunno: