Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 627049 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3725 on: April 25, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
Someone tell me the straight poop on Orris, I don't have time to read back through everything, is he MVC quality, above that or Dll

Think Aaron Craft, but not as good.

Or maybe Aaron Swartzendruber. Or Josh Kimm.

Hopefully better than those two.

Thanks, I was fearful of this comparison, back to the bad 'Ol days :frown:

Orris is 2-3 inches taller than Craft, one advantage people forget at times.

How is that an advantage?  I don't care about height at the point unless Royce White is bringing the ball up and Orris is being ISOed in the post because he's being guarded by a 5'10" point.

Feeding the post, gives you better passing angles, rebounding, defense length, harder to post up, ect.

nope.  wrong.  nothing good about height. nothing good about anything re: ksu hoops.  sorry but you just sound butthurt trying to defend a taller PG.

Yea, because having small guards had nothing to do with us loosing to Colorado three times in a row two years ago.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
Someone tell me the straight poop on Orris, I don't have time to read back through everything, is he MVC quality, above that or Dll

How is that an advantage?  I don't care about height at the point unless Royce White is bringing the ball up and Orris is being ISOed in the post because he's being guarded by a 5'10" point.

Feeding the post, gives you better passing angles, rebounding, defense length, harder to post up, ect.

nope.  wrong.  nothing good about height. nothing good about anything re: ksu hoops.  sorry but you just sound butthurt trying to defend a taller PG.

Yea, because having small guards had nothing to do with us loosing to Colorado three times in a row two years ago.

you're barking up the wrong tree, bub.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3727 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »

You seem super butthurt that people are not optimistic about Ksu hoops.  why do you care so much?  its all meaningless aanyway

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »

You seem super butthurt that people are not optimistic about Ksu hoops.  why do you care so much?  its all meaningless aanyway

wow, reverse butthurtology. lame attempt  :lol: 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3729 on: April 25, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »

Wow you're more butthurt than I thought.   You care so much about this it makes me laugh.   Pissclams patrolling the message boards to call out fans who are not positive enough :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: April 25, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »

Wow you're more butthurt than I thought.   You care so much about this it makes me laugh.   Pissclams patrolling the message boards to call out fans who are not positive enough :lol:

yeah. i decided to leave him alone about it though. there was post that he had earlier today that i almost responded to but then i thought to myself "you know what? he needs this more than you do." so i didn't.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »

wow, a negator who has drama with a positive poster.  shocker.  call 911, we've got a bbs miracle.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »

yeah. i decided to leave him alone about it though. there was post that he had earlier today that i almost responded to but then i thought to myself "you know what? he needs this more than you do." so i didn't.

and along comes lil' rick daris, coming in for round 2.  well, lil' rick, i've given you enough training today, head on home and let your momma lick your wounds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 25, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

No I get that, but his high school height is listed at 6'3" which means he's likely 6'2" which is meh.  Also you have to have the skill set to take advantage of the extra inch or two a 6'2" guard will have over most of his competition.

This butthurt crap has run its course, it gets old in every damn thread.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »
Darrell Johnson. Thread/dipshits*

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: April 26, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Darrell Johnson. Th Dreads/dipshits are awesome*

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: April 26, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
Am I in the wrong place?  The sign out front says "BUTTHURT CITY"  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: April 27, 2012, 02:19:08 PM »

My eye doctor told me today that Weber is going to build a monster and that he already had a "big time forward recruit signed from St Louis".  Also, the guy couldn't be happier that frank ran away from us.  Couldn't. Be. Happier.  Now, "look over here while I shine a really bright light in your eye."

So.....there's that.   :dubious:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: April 27, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »

My eye doctor told me today that Weber is going to build a monster and that he already had a "big time forward recruit signed from St Louis".  Also, the guy couldn't be happier that frank ran away from us.  Couldn't. Be. Happier.  Now, "look over here while I shine a really bright light in your eye."

I think we have the same eye doctor.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 27, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »

I think we have the same eye doctor.

I've only been to the one, but I would guess that they all shine a really bright light in your eye.   :dunno:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »
/ of thread. Nothing to see here anymore.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: April 28, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
KSU was recruiting this kid a while back.

John Leuck ?
A big TCU welcome to newest basketball commit Aaron Durley, the 6'10 center had signed with Marquette, but was released from LOI.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
It was probably already a foregone conclusion but Gray to TX Tech.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 02, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
For all you recruitniks out there, Jerry Meyer recently got laid off by Rivals. This leaves Bossi as their lone national correspondent, at least temporarily.

Now to the speculation, rumor is that Rivals may be hiring Kline full-time. If you follow his twitter, Kline said earlier today he would make a major announcement on Saturday. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but his website has been down since last weekend.

Could all be just a bunch of coincidences and BS, but that's the buzz anyway.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

my favorite part was when he was scheduled to visit but couldn't get the bball staff to return his phone calls.

mow your own lawn-check

take your own clothes to the dry cleaner-check

return the phone calls of a national top 125 recruit that lives in a state that you publicly stated you want to start recruiting really hard-nope. no way in hell. why?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »

my favorite part was when he was scheduled to visit but couldn't get the bball staff to return his phone calls.

mow your own lawn-check

take your own clothes to the dry cleaner-check

return the phone calls of a national top 125 recruit that lives in a state that you publicly stated you want to start recruiting really hard-nope. no way in hell. why?
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 02, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
Hey, it's great to see #teamgray make a nice resurgence out there, kid definitely looks like he can ball, just needs to harness that ability and improve decision-making.

Qualifying risk or not, no one is more disappointed KSU didn't go all out for him than I am. Will be interesting to see if he can get anything done with BCG over the next few years.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
For all you recruitniks out there, Jerry Meyer recently got laid off by Rivals. This leaves Bossi as their lone national correspondent, at least temporarily.

Now to the speculation, rumor is that Rivals may be hiring Kline full-time. If you follow his twitter, Kline said earlier today he would make a major announcement on Saturday. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but his website has been down since last weekend.

what was the reason for meyer's firing?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 02, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

what was the reason for meyer's firing?

To the best of my knowledge, there was never a direct statement as to why he was fired.

If you have a Rivals sub, the thread linked below from the nat'l board is where it's revealed that he was let go, just sorta in passing really.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&tid=173378275&mid=173378275&sid=910&style=2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 03, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »

HOLY crap.  Congrats to Kline, that SOB has earned it.  Best part about this is the nationwide butthurt epidemic that will infect the lazy lower seaded recruiting jackoffs across the tiwtterverse.  It's times like these that I wish Neil Nieves hadn't blocked me. 

:excited: