Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234892 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1775 on: September 26, 2014, 02:29:48 AM »
Did anyone at least smile at my dave chappelle quote?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 26, 2014, 05:10:48 AM »
So how do we get cops to go back to the days of protecting and serving instead of regulating and enforcing? Is it possible to take the "us vs them" mentality out of the police force? Seems like that mindset is spreading. Do the police academies need to be more stringent on who they let through? Is that enough? I'm not sure the militarization is the main cause since a lot of the shootings involve the officer's handgun rather than automatics.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 26, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »
Did anyone at least smile at my dave chappelle quote?

It was perfect. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 26, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »
So how do we get cops to go back to the days of protecting and serving instead of regulating and enforcing? Is it possible to take the "us vs them" mentality out of the police force? Seems like that mindset is spreading. Do the police academies need to be more stringent on who they let through? Is that enough? I'm not sure the militarization is the main cause since a lot of the shootings involve the officer's handgun rather than automatics.

IMO you pretty much need to completely throw out both the way we train officers and the way we utilize them, including treating black folks like they treat white folks and hopefully gaining the trust of black communities for the first time in history.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 26, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »

I'd be curious to know if the rate of officer shootings is higher among officers with military experience vs no military experience. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 26, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »

Ending the drug war, and the no knock swat raids, would be a step in the right direction

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 26, 2014, 09:06:48 AM »

I'd be curious to know if the rate of officer shootings is higher among officers with military experience vs no military experience.

yeah, no one has ever tracked those rates.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 26, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
no one even keeps track of how many cops blast civilians

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 26, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »
If I was a cop I'd just put little notches on the stock of my AR to keep track.  Might even hang the scalps from the handguard.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 26, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
I mean, everyone just think back to high school and which people from your class are now cops. really the cream of the crop right? the people who are cops are people that barely graduated from HS and were just above the career criminal types. these are the people we're loading down with guns and telling to boss everyone around.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 26, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »

I mean, everyone just think back to high school and which people from your class are now cops. really the cream of the crop right? the people who are cops are people that barely graduated from HS and were just above the career criminal types. these are the people we're loading down with guns and telling to boss everyone around.

Almost all of them were in Boy Scouts and got C's and D's on multiple choice tests.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 26, 2014, 11:58:40 AM »

Favorite band: Linkin Park

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »

Likes nulogo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 26, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »

Runner up: Nickleback

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 27, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
.  My classmates who became cops carried guns in their pickups, and killed every animal or critter that they could.  I live near the KS police officer training facility - they practice shooting into a pile of dirt.  They can protect us against dirt, but bad guys not so sure.  My problem is why do people riot when these things happen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:13:19 PM by renocat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 27, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
lol @ you dumbasses being amazed at cops abusing, shooting and killing people.  lol @ acting like it only happens to black people.  lol @ thinking it's wrong to riot in response to police abuses.

video cameras in every phone and most cop car dashboards are the best thing to ever happen to police behavior there ever was.  lol @ thinking that police abuse is happening more now than in earlier years.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:15:23 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 27, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »
cops only abuse dumbasses who somehow manage to have run-ins with cops

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 27, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »

KC they shot that dude in a walmart, for picking up an item that is sold at Wal Mart and standing there

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 27, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »

KC they shot that dude in a walmart, for picking up an item that is sold at Wal Mart and standing there

i haven't looked at the story, i'm just speaking in general

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 28, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »

video cameras in every phone and most cop car dashboards are the best thing to ever happen to police behavior there ever was.  lol @ thinking that police abuse is happening more now than in earlier years.

Yep.  Friend of mine growing up's dad was a cop before they moved to my town.  This was mid '80's.  When I was a late teen, was talking about him to my dad and was informed that the guy was kicked off of some small town police force for giving a BJ or Ticket ultimatum to many a female driver.  He never got prosecuted or anything, which tells me it happened often enough for his boss to realize it wasn't some raving pissed off woman, it was something that was actually probably happening.   Also, surprise!  He was a huge eff head.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 08, 2014, 11:44:33 PM »
Uh oh

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 09, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »
I don't really have a problem with police officers killing kids who are shooting at them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
I don't really have a problem with police officers killing kids who are shooting at them.

Yeah, thuggy as cops can sometimes be, this doesn't seem very controversial.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 09, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
What if Obama orders the police to take away your guns?

They can pry them from my cold dead hands imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
My judge isn't registered, so I would have nothing to worry about under such a doomsday scenario.