Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 113070 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The riot thread
« Reply #375 on: May 31, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2020, 06:55:13 PM »
Keith Ellison blaming outsiders and essentially admitting he’s known about the problem with MPLS cops for years.

Hopefully he’s one of the centerpieces of the Federal Civil Rights investigation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2020, 07:04:01 PM »
Russians . . . Again

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1267185493176877057?s=21

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/358025-thousands-attended-protest-organized-by-russians-on-facebook
Thanks Bucket, I’m fully aware that Vlad Putin has used Useful Idiot Nation from the very tippy top all the way down to the rank and file (like you) to propagate his disinformation and delegitimization campaign. 

Now your presidential nominee is bailing them out of jail, apparently. 

Now the presumptive leaders of your movement, rather than accepting their abject failure in MPLS, are once again trying to blame the Russians. 

Disgraceful

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The riot thread
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »
It’s truly amazing to see who is “team riot & death” and who is “team law and order” here at gE.

WTAF is wrong with you but jobs?

Which team was Derek Chauvin on?

Just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and prove me wrong. Congrats!!

Same team as you.

Yeah these judgmental, double standard pieces of crap do not have a clue.

https://abc7news.com/officers-shot-oakland-shooting-federal-building/6221576/

What about this guy Tsolid?

I'd love to play the game of trading stories of shitty things done to cops with shitty things cops have done to others, I'll win. Wanna play?

I'm sure you would win and unfortunately I think that's a moot point.  I have an issue with people thinking that violence and killing is the way to go about change.

I don't think that's a game you want to play either. The French Revolution required blood. The American revolution required blood. The end of Apartheid required blood. Those in power do not freely hand the keys over. It costs something.
Except we’re the ones with the keys in this scenario. The riots and destruction of property are wrong, but if you’re an “ends justify the means” person you could certainly make an argument for it.

What needs to change is leadership in our justice system, many of whom are elected officials. Unfortunately, property destruction might be what it takes for the average voter to actually pay attention to the issues.

The only thing we can say for sure at this point is that a lot of peaceful protests over multiple decades have been wildly unsuccessful.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »
It’s truly amazing to see who is “team riot & death” and who is “team law and order” here at gE.

Just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and prove me wrong. Congrats!!

Same team as you.

I'd love to play the game of trading stories of shitty things done to cops with shitty things cops have done to others, I'll win. Wanna play?

I'm sure you would win and unfortunately I think that's a moot point.  I have an issue with people thinking that violence and killing is the way to go about change.

I don't think that's a game you want to play either. The French Revolution required blood. The American revolution required blood. The end of Apartheid required blood. Those in power do not freely hand the keys over. It costs something.
Except we’re the ones with the keys in this scenario. The riots and destruction of property are wrong, but if you’re an “ends justify the means” person you could certainly make an argument for it.

What needs to change is leadership in our justice system, many of whom are elected officials. Unfortunately, property destruction might be what it takes for the average voter to actually pay attention to the issues.

The only thing we can say for sure at this point is that a lot of peaceful protests over multiple decades have been wildly unsuccessful.

Not sure "we're" the ones with the keys?  I would agree with much of what you said otherwise. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 31, 2020, 07:24:54 PM »
You vote on plenty of law enforcement positions, including sheriff and DA where I live at least.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »
You vote on plenty of law enforcement positions, including sheriff and DA where I live at least.
Mayor, city council, DA, sheriff, county commission, gub, attorney general

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 31, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »

Same team as you.

Are you familiar with the history of this country, hell of the world? If people in the position of power were interested in change and reform, it would have happened already. Honestly, the last night I was starting to waver about how I felt when I saw what was happening in LA, but seeing all of these videos of cops in this midst of this, behaving like thugs who know there are no repercussions for their actions, I've swung to the extreme. I want fires, I want violence, I want bloodshed. I want whatever is needed to make people realize that sweeping change is essential, not recommended or suggested. What has happened so far has clearly had no effect. We've gotten no public arrests of all of these cops assaulting citizens.

The problem is the killing of black people is a distraction. It is what happens when their everyday behavior of brutality and abuses of power take it one step farther. Something extreme has to happen to make you all listen, none of this crap is new nor are the grievances of the behavior.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
I think there can be something between murdering cops and candlelight vigils that can be pretty effective. Like I can see politicians around the country right now being like, "hey, maybe the next time a cop murders someone, my downtown might burn to the ground" and maybe do something to prevent the first thing from happening.

I have no faith of this coming close to happening if they can't even arrest these dudes for kicking people in the face or shooting paint cans on people sitting on their porch. Has any elected official even publicly said they will do anything about the scores of brutality we're seen on camera?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2020, 07:39:12 PM »

Same team as you.

Actually it is a game I'd want to play.  You really want to compare this to the French or American Revolution?  And you're all ready to arm yourself up for the cause?

I'll happily play. What do you see as the difference between what is being asked for here and the American Revolution?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2020, 07:54:03 PM »
I was glad to see the Atlanta Jack boots that assaulted the kids in the car were immediately fired.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 31, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
to everyone talking about voting: i can smell your white privilege from here

we have set up our electoral system so that the vast majority of votes don't matter. we gerrymander, we purge voter rolls, and we make it as inconvenient as possible for poor people/poor people of color to vote. PLUS, actually having the time to properly research the best sheriffs, judges, and other (way, waaay-)down ballot candidates (when they aren't running rough ridin' unopposed) is a luxury that most poor and working class people of color simply DO NOT HAVE.

get the eff out of here with that bullshit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:10 PM »
I think there can be something between murdering cops and candlelight vigils that can be pretty effective. Like I can see politicians around the country right now being like, "hey, maybe the next time a cop murders someone, my downtown might burn to the ground" and maybe do something to prevent the first thing from happening.

I have no faith of this coming close to happening if they can't even arrest these dudes for kicking people in the face or shooting paint cans on people sitting on their porch. Has any elected official even publicly said they will do anything about the scores of brutality we're seen on camera?

no they haven't

https://twitter.com/heyydnae/status/1267139396278661121

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »
Now he's tweeting for clout, he should have been hurt worse. "Protecting a bar I love," lol, he was looking for a reason to eff some people up, be a hero.

Yeah, too bad someone didn't pin him down and put their knee on his neck for like 7 minutes or so.  What a POS!!

Why so passive aggressive?

From what I've gathered it's what you seem to relate to best?  Actually I was just trying to point out how ridiculous your statement was.

You're not actually saying anything. Are you struggling with what parts you can say to yourself and what you can say out loud?

Was this your attempt at a slam?  I guess I need to be more specific because you have comprehension issues?  Here you go;  You judging and thinking you know someone and then saying he should have been hurt worse is ridiculous.  Hope this helps.

When I want to "slam" you, there will be no ambiguity about it.

Thinking I know someone? What? I read his words about the stupid crap he pulled, and I definitely judged him, feel good about it too. He tried to cut a kid, riding a skateboard, with a sword/machete, trying to protect a bar during a riot. Yes, he deserved far more than he got, they should have made sure he wasn't able to procreate, he's a dipshit of bqqie levels. LOL at you thinking I give two shits about some weird all lives matter rando on the internet judging me. I don't give a eff about you, or how bad of a person you think I am.

Do ya owe any rent for that place I occupy at the top of your mind?  Lemme know.

Meanwhile, I hope you libs are happy with the situation your leaders have created for good hardworking small business owners.  But, hey, keep working for the man, cashing those bi-weekly salary checks and hoping for handouts.

https://twitter.com/techno_fog/status/1267219793737809931

1. Don't call people n-word
2. [youtube]https://youtu.be/tq6lLBVYdh4[/youtube]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The riot thread
« Reply #391 on: May 31, 2020, 08:08:00 PM »

we have set up our electoral system so that the vast majority of votes don't matter. we gerrymander, we purge voter rolls, and we make it as inconvenient as possible for poor people/poor people of color to vote. PLUS, actually having the time to properly research the best sheriffs, judges, and other (way, waaay-)down ballot candidates (when they aren't running rough ridin' unopposed) is a luxury that most poor and working class people of color simply DO NOT HAVE.

I’m saying the whites are the ones who need to vote, dummy. That’s why I think the wanton destruction of property could lead to a positive change by forcing people to pay attention. Even if the destruction is disproportionately affecting innocent people.

Do I think that makes the destruction right? No. But I also totally understand that as someone who doesn’t experience systemic racism on a daily basis, I’ve never really had to balance my morals against a survival instinct of pure desperation.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2020, 08:16:51 PM »

I’m saying the whites are the ones who need to vote, dummy. That’s why I think the wanton destruction of property could lead to a positive change by forcing people to pay attention. Even if the destruction is disproportionately affecting innocent people.

JFC. am i taking crazy pills?!? whites aren't the one who have problems voting, dummy. white people thinking they need to decide what's in the best interest of black people doesn't fix the problem. un-rough ridin'-believable.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »
Ever since rona started, and now this, has there has never been shown there are two Americas ever starker and more real. It's easy to say it's sad, horrible, disgusting. But my god, what an absolute giant red flag that is going up across the US. I'm falling more in MiR's camp re: making this go a little more crazy. Clearly peaceful was tried tons of times between LA 92 and now, goddamn Kap can't even play in the goddamn NFL cause people lost their crap for taking a rough ridin' knee. All it darkly ironically it took was a rough ridin' knee on a black man's throat to show how little progress really has been made. I hate that businesses should suffer, no one should rough ridin' have to lose anything from this, but black people have lost more than any of that since the 1600s and all they have ever been met with is a standard literally no one can meet, whereas white people get breaks to the degree that many (not all obv) try their goddamn best to even suggest that Floyd (or Ahmaud or Trayvon, or pick any) either deserved it or that it was even justifiable based on the flimsiest pretenses.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2020, 09:16:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1267132229077159943

Unfortunately, she's a rare bird.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2020, 09:20:35 PM »
When you do this....

https://twitter.com/_whiterabbitt_/status/1267269625244520451

You get this....

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1266571046620102657

Congrats libs.  Hope you’re rough ridin' happy with your people.

:curse:
bears are fast...

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
When you do this....

https://twitter.com/_whiterabbitt_/status/1267269625244520451

You get this....

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1266571046620102657

Congrats libs.  Hope you’re rough ridin' happy with your people.

:curse:
Except that it actually wasn’t.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2020, 09:26:05 PM »

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1267132229077159943

Unfortunately, she's a rare bird.

Literally the same thing happened here last night. A state rep was standing between a line of cops and protesters asking the protesters to go home when the cops threw three canisters of gas in the area where he was standing.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »

Same team as you.

Are you familiar with the history of this country, hell of the world? If people in the position of power were interested in change and reform, it would have happened already. Honestly, the last night I was starting to waver about how I felt when I saw what was happening in LA, but seeing all of these videos of cops in this midst of this, behaving like thugs who know there are no repercussions for their actions, I've swung to the extreme. I want fires, I want violence, I want bloodshed. I want whatever is needed to make people realize that sweeping change is essential, not recommended or suggested. What has happened so far has clearly had no effect. We've gotten no public arrests of all of these cops assaulting citizens.

The problem is the killing of black people is a distraction. It is what happens when their everyday behavior of brutality and abuses of power take it one step farther. Something extreme has to happen to make you all listen, none of this crap is new nor are the grievances of the behavior.

I may or may not be as familiar with these things as you but please don't paint your broad brush of no one ever having interest in making change or reform.  This diatribe of all cops are "thugs" and will never suffer a repercussion is total b.s. and you know it.  If you think that fires and violence and bloodshed is the answer, more power to you.  I can appreciate someones conviction to a point  but hope you will suffer the consequences if you participate in such anarchy.  I think it's funny that it's so easy for you to crap on bookie and call him names when some of your beliefs in what needs to happen in your eyes maybe aren't so different or "insane" than his?

Something extreme might need to happen to stop this reprehensible behavior but all these dolts who haven't done crap other than pound on their keyboard and paste twitter feeds and express their :curse: :curse:is laughable.  I honestly haven't heard much on this thread at all other than approval of riots/violence to "wake up" those people who can make a change.  It's a joke.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »

Same team as you.

I may or may not be as familiar with these things as you but please don't paint your broad brush of no one ever having interest in making change or reform.  This diatribe of all cops are "thugs" and will never suffer a repercussion is total b.s. and you know it. If you think that fires and violence and bloodshed is the answer, more power to you.  I can appreciate someones conviction to a point  but hope you will suffer the consequences if you participate in such anarchy.  I think it's funny that it's so easy for you to crap on bookie and call him names when some of your beliefs in what needs to happen in your eyes maybe aren't so different or "insane" than his?

Something extreme might need to happen to stop this reprehensible behavior but all these dolts who haven't done crap other than pound on their keyboard and paste twitter feeds and express their :curse: :curse:is laughable.  I honestly haven't heard much on this thread at all other than approval of riots/violence to "wake up" those people who can make a change.  It's a joke.

I'll start with what I bolded. Are you rough ridin' crazy? Jesus, only 1/4 of George Floyd's murders have even been convicted. We've seen protesters and looters arrested, how many of the cops assaulting protesters, journalists, or even people just rubbernecking have been arrested?

I don't think fires and bloodshed will be the answer because it won't be able to be done long enough to get the attention of people like you to take it seriously. It's actually going to take a war to get the criminal justice and social justice reforms needed to make all citizens of this country feel safe and protected. Given that's not going to happen, I guess we're stuck. Stop acting like police brutality and racial injustice are new concepts are new. The time for talking has long past because you actually aren't interested in anything that has been said for literally hundreds of years.

Bookie has come no where close to advocating anything that I am. Again, if you think I'm crazy or whatever, I couldn't care less, you can't even read.