• View Profile
Re: HR
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »
I'm considering filing a complaint with HR myself. The free lunch provided by the company every Friday is set up and ready by 11:30 every week. It is 12:08 and the caterer has not here yet.

Unacceptable.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »
he's really good at turning on/off the adorable factor when switching between his fanning/wackycat account and his willesgirl account. it's like night and day

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
such a egregious situation

could fanning be more rough ridin' adorable?

I've seen his twitter profile pic.  The answer is no.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Did Fanning change his name?  I've been sniffing glue for a few hours...
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
Who's fanning?

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to quit rough ridin' up?

No.  Nearly impossible.  The people in charge are incompetent.

shitty employees always blame the boss. Or so I've heard.
:dubious: What if your manager made a in house rule to you not to date other employees and at the same time was effing another manager who's married to another manager and tries to force information out of you in secret meetings cause "you're the likeable guy in the office" & " I know ppl are talking to you"

Get this guy/girl a TV show. Must watch

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to quit rough ridin' up?

No.  Nearly impossible.  The people in charge are incompetent.

shitty employees always blame the boss. Or so I've heard.
:dubious: What if your manager made a in house rule to you not to date other employees and at the same time was effing another manager who's married to another manager and tries to force information out of you in secret meetings cause "you're the likeable guy in the office" & " I know ppl are talking to you"

Get this guy/girl a TV show. Must watch

Fanning would be perfect for the Joe Schmo Show

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
Agree with the sentiment that HR is not your friend.  If you ever feel the need to go to HR about anything other than something like quid pro quo sexual harassment, you are mumped already.  Better to start looking for a new job.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
I have honestly not had any contact at all with hr since my first day. Absolutely none.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
I have honestly not had any contact at all with hr since my first day. Absolutely none.

yeah, me too

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »

yeah, me too

Neither have I, thank god. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
This is my first time, but totally warranted.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »
It's not unwarranted, but you are probably better off looking for another job anyway, because that sounds like a disaster.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
I'm really confused why you are going to HR to get out of doing essential functions and duties of your job.  Can you elaborate a bit?

Also agreed that HR is not your advocate.  They are there to keep the company from being sued. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
It's not unwarranted, but you are probably better off looking for another job anyway, because that sounds like a disaster.
Oh, I agree, but the guy is on a rampage and paranoid everyday. I'm just protecting myself until I can find something.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »
I'm really confused why you are going to HR to get out of doing essential functions and duties of your job.  Can you elaborate a bit?

Also agreed that HR is not your advocate.  They are there to keep the company from being sued.

My problem is caused by my bosses being either stubborn or lazy and not treating their reports equally.  (They haven't listened to my concerns for a year and aren't requiring of my cowrkers what they're requiring of me.) Whether or not you want to call it advocacy, it's HR's job to handle issues like that. 

I've only heard one HR story before and the outcome was good.     

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »

My problem is caused by my bosses being either stubborn or lazy and not treating their reports equally.  (They haven't listened to my concerns for a year and aren't requiring of my cowrkers what they're requiring of me.) Whether or not you want to call it advocacy, it's HR's job to handle issues like that. 

Is that really HR's job at all?

Whether it's their job or not, all they are going to do is go to your manager and say "here's exactly what Chum said to us about you, verbatim." 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »
Lets all quit our jobs and move to MHK and follow the cats around until our retirement runs out. Then we can all do odd jobs around town. What does everyone think of that?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:09 PM »
are you ok with the moniker "weird applejack"?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »
Lets all quit our jobs and move to MHK and follow the cats around until our retirement runs out. Then we can all do odd jobs around town. What does everyone think of that?

I was under the impression that a lot of us would have jobs once goEMAW builds their cinderblock office in Aggieville

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »

Whether it's their job or not, all they are going to do is go to your manager and say "here's exactly what Chum said to us about you, verbatim."

Yes, that's part of their job.  When I looked on their webpage for the right number to call, it said "for such and such problems, dial ..." They do more than just tell your boss what you told them.  They're responsible for resolving problems.  You guys sound like a bunch of wusses.     

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
are you ok with the moniker "weird applejack"?

:weirdrobert:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
HR
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »

Yes, that's part of their job.  When I looked on their webpage for the right number to call, it said "for such and such problems, dial ..." They do more than just tell your boss what you told them.  They're responsible for resolving problems.  You guys sound like a bunch of wusses.   

You are the one going to HR instead of talking to your bosses.  I bet your boss will think going to HR was "wuss," won't he/she?