Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933294 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #5625 on: March 11, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »
oscar is widely known as a joke among his peers

So we're just making stuff up now? Okay, whatever.
you are if you think he's respected outside of the fran frachilla/wildcat salutes of the world

There's literally nothing, nothing at all, to indicate what you're claiming has any merit at all. It's whatever you do you. Pissclams and Pete hating oscar has a large immeasurable impact, he should quit before the tournament announcement.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: March 11, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
One thing we can all agree on is that oscar is a mouth breathing, hapless, stooge of a man.  That much is an indisputable fact.  Let’s focus on that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: March 11, 2018, 02:29:51 PM »
One thing we can all agree on is that oscar is a mouth breathing, hapless, stooge of a man.  That much is an indisputable fact.  Let’s focus on that.

i guess 7.3 billion people minus one can agree on that.  hard to believe that mir is somehow disputing what you posted.

hey oscar, your fly is down dude

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: March 11, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
Look, I know MIR has a very beautiful wife and family, but part of me wonders if he is secretly in love with oscar, or at least very deep like.  Only way I can explain it. 

MIR, here is the test: Ask yourself this, have you ever watched oscar eating a soft serve cone and secretly thought to yourself (our out loud) “I wish I was that soft serve?”  If you have, you may have a oscar problem. 

That goes for the rest of you as well, not just MIR. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: March 11, 2018, 02:45:04 PM »
Just took the test and I do not have a oscar problem.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: March 11, 2018, 02:48:18 PM »
i passed the test (or failed), which is it?  anyway, definitely hate oscar

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: March 11, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
You have to wonder how long Chris Lowery will remain here.
he sued his last employer so probably for a while

Wow, I had no idea. I just looked this up and there is only one article about it. I'm assuming the lawsuit was either withdrawn or very quickly settled.

Is it bad if he's getting sued while assistant coach'n KSU?

Go on

I think it's bad or would be bad.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: March 11, 2018, 03:17:35 PM »
lol @ comparing Kruger's hot seat to oscar

Since 2012, here are the relative Big 12 regular season finishes between KSU and OU.

2012 - KSU: 2, OU: 5
2013 - KSU: 5, OU: 2
2014 - KSU: 8, OU: 3
2015 - KSU: 8, OU: 3
2016 - KSU: 6, OU: 9
2017 - KSU: 4, OU: 8

So on average over those 6 season, KSU finished 5.5, OU finished 5.  Pretty close.  Especially when you consider KSU has been trending up while OU has been trending down recently.

The big difference is obviously tournament success, and no one is going to deny that it goes a long way.  But to my point earlier, it is hard to let a coach go solely because of bad tournament performance unless it is over a very long time span.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: March 11, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »

i guess 7.3 billion people minus one can agree on that.  hard to believe that mir is somehow disputing what you posted.

hey oscar, your fly is down dude

Also, buttoning bottom jacket button? Good grief

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: March 11, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »

lol @ comparing Kruger's hot seat to oscar

Since 2012, here are the relative Big 12 regular season finishes between KSU and OU.

2012 - KSU: 2, OU: 5
2013 - KSU: 5, OU: 2
2014 - KSU: 8, OU: 3
2015 - KSU: 8, OU: 3
2016 - KSU: 6, OU: 9
2017 - KSU: 4, OU: 8

So on average over those 6 season, KSU finished 5.5, OU finished 5.  Pretty close.  Especially when you consider KSU has been trending up while OU has been trending down recently.

The big difference is obviously tournament success, and no one is going to deny that it goes a long way.  But to my point earlier, it is hard to let a coach go solely because of bad tournament performance unless it is over a very long time span.

LOL

The Big Train

« Reply #5635 on: March 11, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »
i passed the test (or failed), which is it?  anyway, definitely hate oscar

Same

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: March 11, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
I get all my news from gE so I can say with confidence no one likes oscar Weber.

Seriously though, I talked to someone in the AD’s office who just last year acknowledged oscar was on the hot seat before we made our final run to make it into the tournament. Like him or not, he’s still got a shorter leash here than he would most other programs. OU had a player OTY candidate, UT has a monster lottery pick, and both finished in the bottom half of the conference. Yet it sure seems like more people calling for Weber’s head than Kruger or Smart.

It’s frustrating for everyone to get consistently bounced from the first round of the tournament, but it’s a really shaky basis for letting someone go since so much of it comes down to luck.

Weber misses the tournament the next two years, he’s gone. He fails to get us to the Sweet 16 before 2022, he’s gone. Failing either of those, I think we’re stuck with him. Although I do believe that if both Frank and Underwood continue to be successful outside of KSU, the fans will give oscar an even shorter leash.

You really don’t think people are calling for Smart’s head?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: March 11, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
I think SOME people are calling for the heads of all three. I’m just saying there still seems to be more anti-Weber sentiment relative to the others. Of course I could be wrong about Smart, but you gotta think Rick Barnes cleaning up at Tennessee recently has helped his cause.

If Texas misses the tourney this year, I do think his seat will be the hottest obviously.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: March 12, 2018, 05:02:47 PM »
I think SOME people are calling for the heads of all three. I’m just saying there still seems to be more anti-Weber sentiment relative to the others. Of course I could be wrong about Smart, but you gotta think Rick Barnes cleaning up at Tennessee recently has helped his cause.

If Texas misses the tourney this year, I do think his seat will be the hottest obviously.

I think Smart will get fired if he misses the tournament next year. I think oscar would get another year if he doesn't make it.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: March 12, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

I think Smart will get fired if he misses the tournament next year. I think oscar would get another year if he doesn't make it.
If oscar can’t take next years team, the one that is bringing every single player back, to the tournament, he should be fired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5640 on: March 12, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »

If oscar can’t take next years team, the one that is bringing every single player back, to the tournament, he should be fired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt he would though

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5641 on: March 12, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
Of course he wouldn't

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: March 12, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »

First of all, that is a crazy thing to say without even waiting to see how far Texas goes this year.  Second, I don't think it is true even if Texas loses in the first round.

But even assuming you are right, do you think that is a good thing for Texas?  Like I said, let's not forget they ran off Barnes who consistently got them to the tourney before with an occasional deep run.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: March 13, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »

First of all, that is a crazy thing to say without even waiting to see how far Texas goes this year.  Second, I don't think it is true even if Texas loses in the first round.

But even assuming you are right, do you think that is a good thing for Texas?  Like I said, let's not forget they ran off Barnes who consistently got them to the tourney before with an occasional deep run.

Unless Smart has some sort of miracle Final Four run this year, I think Texas would be right in moving on if he doesn't make the tournament next season. They expect more than that, as they should.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: March 13, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
there’s more to his job than what appears in the w/l column
seriously?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: March 13, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
You have to wonder how long Chris Lowery will remain here.
he sued his last employer so probably for a while

Wow, I had no idea. I just looked this up and there is only one article about it. I'm assuming the lawsuit was either withdrawn or very quickly settled.

Is it bad if he's getting sued while assistant coach'n KSU?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: March 13, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
seriously?
uh ya

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: March 13, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
seriously?
uh ya
i don't really care about anything except for Ws and Ls.  If a coach is winning, I like him and quirks and voice.  If he's losing I hate him and his dufus face and his nails on the chalkboard voice.  Just like it's always been for basically everyone, all is forgiven if you win enough games.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:36 AM »
What do you consider to be winning?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best