Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369582 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So maybe I'm being Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but what was Stannis' motivation to ride north and quell the wildling army?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
So maybe I'm being Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but what was Stannis' motivation to ride north and quell the wildling army?

Melisandre's fire staring, IIRC.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Red lady bits
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interesting. I must have missed that.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Stannis' army is about to get much (99K) larger, isn't it?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm guessing it's all rolling towards a stannis/khaleesi/perhaps a third player showdown for the throne. But probably not, cuz it's GOT.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Walder Frey is a bit of a prick too...

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Stannis' army is about to get much (99K) larger, isn't it?

He didn't pick up trained and armed troops.  He got a bunch of wildling hobos. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I need to work on my Arya stare.  Bust it out in meetings when I am asked to do something dumb.

:dubious: but with dangling hair.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Let me be a little more clear, I specifically want to know how you feel about Tyrion murdering his father.

A man who cares only about his legacy, murdered by his own son, on the shitter, hours after hearing from his daughter that she and his favorite son have been incestual for nearly two decades, all while, despite his best efforts to the contrary, one of his greatest achievements crumbles around him.

Perfectly fitting imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
This isn't some sort of trick. I want to know what the opinions are of people who didn't know it was coming.

I felt he was vulnerable, but really his death — like King's Landing in general — seems very minor to me.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
i enjoyed it.  i mean, his father sentenced him to die for something that he knew he didn't do, and then he was screwing around with the woman that he loved.  i enjoyed the irony of tywin being on a "throne" while he died.

ha, didn't think of that.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Let me be a little more clear, I specifically want to know how you feel about Tyrion murdering his father.

I thought it was cool they did it while he was taking a crap.

The dialogue was a little sparse. I would have thought they would have a deeper moment but instead they seemed to want to make Tywin really easy to want dead.

They cut some stuff from the books that accomplishes this. I was pretty angry about it, and thought that the scenes seemed poorly done, but it seems that you guys can live with it.

I know it won't hold much water with you as someone who has experienced this story thus far from the books, but I feel sorry for you that you are able to watch this show from a cynic's perspective (at least in some respect), and not just be able to freshly and fully enjoy it for what a great show it is.

FWIW, I would probably be doing the same if I'd read the books prior.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
That's the thing, it's not a good v. bad situation. It's supposed to be as close to a "real" world as possible. Everybody thinks of themselves as the good guy. If you're Cersei Lannister, all of your actions are justified. Renly, Stannis, Rob Stark, they are the bad guys from her perspective. I don't think the show accomplishes this very well, because it doesn't make for great tv. TV watchers don't want to think. They want a knight in shining armor to vanquish a terrible scourge and woo a pretty lady.

Stop being so pretentious.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So The Hound was a bad guy?

Good guy to me. Was sad to see him die. That is one of the most maddening/ entertaining thing about the show to me. People in the show often don't see or understand what I feel is the true character of the other people in their lives.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
He also obviously had a soft spot for young girls (no pedo)

Yeah. Also, I don't think he's dead.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He also obviously had a soft spot for young girls (no pedo)

Yeah. Also, I don't think he's dead.
I don't think people with a compound fracture of the femur who fell off a cliff and left for dead miles from civilization usually bounce back.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Those of you who are show only people, please give me your thoughts on Tyrion's final scenes in this episode.

Finally got around to watching it last night... The final scene with the Lannisters felt rushed. It was fitting for Tyrion to kill him though...if you're going to be convicted of murder you may as well commit the crime. Albeit, a different victim...

A couple of other thoughts...

- The Hound :bawl:
- Arya  :love:
- Stannis  :Ugh:
- Jon Snow  :thumbs:
- Jaime/Cersei  :Yuck:
- Varys  :surprised:
- Dany  :frown:
- Zombie skeletons  :runaway:

Bran has the most boring storyline on the show, but unfortunately it appears to be one of the most important. I'm glad us show-only people get to wait a year to find out exactly what the hell is going on under that magic tree.  :bang:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Trivia topics that I will burn this whole place down if included:

1. HIMYM

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

1. HIMYM

Wrong thread. And I totally disagree!  :D

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

1. HIMYM

Wrong thread. And I totally disagree!  :D

dammit  :blindfold:

i was thinking about including GoT book only topics too which may have caused the crossed wires

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Those of you who are show only people, please give me your thoughts on Tyrion's final scenes in this episode.

Finally got around to watching it last night... The final scene with the Lannisters felt rushed. It was fitting for Tyrion to kill him though...if you're going to be convicted of murder you may as well commit the crime. Albeit, a different victim...

Bran has the most boring storyline on the show, but unfortunately it appears to be one of the most important. I'm glad us show-only people get to wait a year to find out exactly what the hell is going on under that magic tree.  :bang:

Yeah that's true and I hope it changes. Every time the show starts focusing on him it turns all lord of the ringy and I start to lose interest. Which is pretty annoying when everything else is pretty great.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Yeah that's true and I hope it changes. Every time the show starts focusing on him it turns all lord of the ringy and I start to lose interest. Which is pretty annoying when everything else is pretty great.

Yep, I'd rather see them show what's going on with Rickon.

So is the Bran stuff all beyond the books at this point?  They could probably just leave him out of the next season or two and allow every other story line to catch up.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
that animated skeleton fireball kid sequence had a very Tim the Enchanter feel