Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369560 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
getting back to where in the world are the white walkers, the end of season 2 when they are walking past Sam, that is not the Wall in the distance. that is the Fist of the First Men, where all the men of the night's watch were camping. then there was a great big slaughter that was not depicted in the show, and the aftermath was that there are only ~100 men left to guard the entire Wall. after the battle on the Fist, the white walkers have not been seen

what comes first, winter or dragons? both have been on their way for a minute now

you will have to take that up with the great bearded glacier himself.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Cercei/Jamie scene was weird as eff. I really hope they didn't intend it to be that rape-y but it definitely came out that way. It was somewhat accurate to the books (in the sept, dead Joffrey right there) but in the books it happens right when Jamie gets back to KL and Cersei is all they killed our son, you're back, avenge him, kiss me, no not here, oh, ok. I think they where trying to give that impression but the mixed up timeline made it come off as rape.

It really pissed me off since Jamie's character is becoming likable at this point in both the books and the show. This scene in the books makes you realize Jamie loves her more than she does him and you start to feel a little bad for him too. This portrayal makes you feel a little bad for Cersei even though she's well on her way to psychopath town.

good analysis here joda

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
"Dumb bitch" and "whore mouth" is pretty extreme language.

I apologize. . .I used that language due to my anger at her accusing Tyrion.  I never should have said those things because they look bad on me and on the board.  It was never my intention to harm this boards glowing reputation.  I put my fate as an up and coming bbs enthusiast in the hands of the powers that be and hope only that they judge me as I deserve.  It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I have offended you Mh.  I hope you can forgive me.

I'm more or less bored AF in a car on my way back to MHK from Denver. It's whatever. There are other ways to articulate your feelings about Cersei. Everything she does is for herself or her children, like most parents I know, but she never considers the impact her decisions might have upon those outside of that circle.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
The Cercei/Jamie scene was weird as eff. I really hope they didn't intend it to be that rape-y but it definitely came out that way. It was somewhat accurate to the books (in the sept, dead Joffrey right there) but in the books it happens right when Jamie gets back to KL and Cersei is all they killed our son, you're back, avenge him, kiss me, no not here, oh, ok. I think they where trying to give that impression but the mixed up timeline made it come off as rape.

It really pissed me off since Jamie's character is becoming likable at this point in both the books and the show. This scene in the books makes you realize Jamie loves her more than she does him and you start to feel a little bad for him too. This portrayal makes you feel a little bad for Cersei even though she's well on her way to psychopath town.

:thumbs: Thank you for that clarification.  It bothered me that the show took that turn which seemed to sully Jaime a bit.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
"Dumb bitch" and "whore mouth" is pretty extreme language.

I apologize. . .I used that language due to my anger at her accusing Tyrion.  I never should have said those things because they look bad on me and on the board.  It was never my intention to harm this boards glowing reputation.  I put my fate as an up and coming bbs enthusiast in the hands of the powers that be and hope only that they judge me as I deserve.  It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I have offended you Mh.  I hope you can forgive me.

I'm more or less bored AF in a car on my way back to MHK from Denver. It's whatever. There are other ways to articulate your feelings about Cersei. Everything she does is for herself or her children, like most parents I know, but she never considers the impact her decisions might have upon those outside of that circle.

As someone who hasn't read the books I have entertained the idea she might have poisoned Joff to hold on to control of the throne? It was even more telling that Tyrion completely ruled her out. . .which somehow raises my suspicion of her even more.  I think Lena Headey has done such a good job with her that like Jack Gleeson I despise the character.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I thought it was pretty clear that cersei was pretty conflicted at that moment
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
For everyone who is curious about the white walkers. There is a glimpse at the very end of this trailer for the next episode:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Also, I really love how Pete stays in character all the time, it's tougher than it looks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We're going to get to see Hafthor playing the mountain here soon and I'm probably going to lose my mind.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
We're going to get to see Hafthor playing the mountain here soon and I'm probably going to lose my mind.

His wiki page says he used to be a basketball player...  :Wha:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope Tyrion's trial is this week.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

His wiki page says he used to be a basketball player...  :Wha:

So did 2x champ, Brian Shaw. He played at Black Hills State.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

He is HUGE!!

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He is HUGE!!

he's goddamn near 400 pounds and has visible abs.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
But can he act? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I can't wait until the epi he shows up in.  It's going to be a pretty awesome one, guys.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
But can he act?

I think that he'll do just fine in this role.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He is HUGE!!

aww. they are adorable.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
there's no way a 7'+ white guy that weighs 400+ lbs should be that adorable

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
With Arnold