Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366111 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jorah has a pretty wild story though

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
every member of her queensguard has an insane story.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :impatient:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
We only get 5 minutes of dragon lady and it's always the best 5 minutes of the show <3

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
We only get 5 minutes of dragon lady and it's always the best 5 minutes of the show <3

Such a badass. Kind of a slow episode but those last five minutes  :love:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

:sdeek:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Can you imagine what that would have been like if it had been the original guy?  omg
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
quit talking about the books you rough ridin' mongloids

Here is what is baffling to me.  How you guys who haven't read the books can watch this show and not want to read the books.  If literally dozens of people that I know were to tell me that a book (series of books, actually) were the greatest fiction that they have ever read, I would read the book.  I mean, eff.  Don't do this to yourselves, guys.  Don't cheat yourself.  Read the god damn books.  I'm rough ridin' trying to help you here. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Here is what is baffling to me.  How you guys who haven't read the books can watch this show and not want to read the books.  If literally dozens of people that I know were to tell me that a book (series of books, actually) were the greatest fiction that they have ever read, I would read the book.  I mean, eff.  Don't do this to yourselves, guys.  Don't cheat yourself.  Read the god damn books.  I'm rough ridin' trying to help you here.

I don't enjoy reading  :dunno:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the first 3 books were great but good god book 4 makes we want to claw my eyes out.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i liked book 4 quite a bit

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good one, Pete.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Good one, Pete.

yup, for a second i thought he was being serious too :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I like watching something and not know what will happen next

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

I love reading, but between my two jobs I feel like I don't have time to do it as much anymore. :( I own the first book, but I just haven't made a dent in it.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that thinks Goffs brother could actually make a really good king, and as long as Tyrion is set free everyone should just call it good and turn their attentions on the white walkers everyone seems to be ignoring?

Speaking of which. . .that mob of white walkers was marching on the wall and what? They decided to just camp for a year or two because it isn't the right time? Baffling really.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good one, Pete.

yup, for a second i thought he was being serious too :lol:

I WAS TOTALLY BEING SERIOUS, YOU SON OF A BITCH, READ THE BOOKS!!!!!1

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that thinks Goffs brother could actually make a really good king, and as long as Tyrion is set free everyone should just call it good and turn their attentions on the white walkers everyone seems to be ignoring?

Speaking of which. . .that mob of white walkers was marching on the wall and what? They decided to just camp for a year or two because it isn't the right time? Baffling really.

Great point about the WWs. We're 3 eps into S4 and nothing... Ever since Sam (aka Fat Night Watch Kid) killed one in S3E8 have we seen one?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This one was a little slower overall, but I honestly can't think of an episode I haven't enjoyed. Arya and the Hound continues to be a great storyline. It's also refreshing to see Tommen not be a compete dick, though who knows what he'll do at the behest of his advisors.

The Jaime rape/incest scene though. :sdeek: What the hell was that?

The guy from Dorn? Is pretty awesome. That was a good scene with Tywin.

And Sansa just can't catch a break. Remind me though, with House Stark basically dead, what is Little Finger's interest in her?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And Sansa just can't catch a break. Remind me though, with House Stark basically dead, what is Little Finger's interest in her?

The Stark PEOPLE might be dead, but their lands, the remnants of Winterfell, and their banner men are all there for the taking once a rightful claim is presented.  Sansa (and her husband) would appear to be a the front of the line right now.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Plus he is super creepy

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

Great point about the WWs. We're 3 eps into S4 and nothing... Ever since Sam (aka Fat Night Watch Kid) killed one in S3E8 have we seen one?

Nope. And they just kind of brushed on the fact that everyone thinks Sam is lying.  Maybe they'll encounter the WWs when they go to kill the people north of the wall they were talking about?  As someone who watches Walking Dead, that horde or White Walkers would be all over Castle Black by now.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

The Stark PEOPLE might be dead, but their lands, the remnants of Winterfell, and their banner men are all there for the taking once a rightful claim is presented.  Sansa (and her husband) would appear to be a the front of the line right now.

So Little Finger framed Tyrion so he could marry Sansa and be the new leader of the north? Doesn't one of the remaining boys have more claim to leading the north than Sansa's husband?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Plus he is super creepy

Littlefinger was in love with Sansa's mother, and Sansa reminds him of Catelyn...but I'm not sure that they are going to let him get as creepy in that regard in the show.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So Little Finger framed Tyrion so he could marry Sansa and be the new leader of the north? Doesn't one of the remaining boys have more claim to leading the north than Sansa's husband?

Everyone thinks all the Stark boys are dead, therefore Sansa is the next in line.