Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369588 times)

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Based on the fact that they killed all of Robert's bastards because they could claim the throne, could Jon Snow claim leadership of Winterfell if he was released of his obligations to the wall?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

And Sansa just can't catch a break. Remind me though, with House Stark basically dead, what is Little Finger's interest in her?

The Stark PEOPLE might be dead, but their lands, the remnants of Winterfell, and their banner men are all there for the taking once a rightful claim is presented.  Sansa (and her husband) would appear to be a the front of the line right now.

So Little Finger framed Tyrion so he could marry Sansa and be the new leader of the north? Doesn't one of the remaining boys have more claim to leading the north than Sansa's husband?

Everyone thinks all the Stark boys are dead, therefore Sansa is the next in line.

Bran is the next in line, but yes, everyone thinks he's dead.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if everyone watches the opening credits. . .since it seems to get longer every episode. . .but I quite enjoy that when they show Winterfell it is smoking due to being on fire. Nice touch IMO.

I really want to start liking Jaime. Besides him crippling a little boy in the first episode I've really liked his character development.  Last night when he raped Cersei. . .I almost was ok with it because I hate Cersei so much. I can't wrap my head around how anyone thinks that Tyrion committed the crime. Cersei is just a dumb bitch and needs to shut her whore mouth.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
quit talking about the books you rough ridin' mongloids

Here is what is baffling to me.  How you guys who haven't read the books can watch this show and not want to read the books.  If literally dozens of people that I know were to tell me that a book (series of books, actually) were the greatest fiction that they have ever read, I would read the book.  I mean, eff.  Don't do this to yourselves, guys.  Don't cheat yourself.  Read the god damn books.  I'm rough ridin' trying to help you here. 

I just started reading the books, ok? Gee wiz.

I DON'T USUALLY READ OLD TIMEY DRAGONS AND KINGS AND JUNK FICTION THAT'S WHY I HAVE PROCRASTINATED ON READING IT TO THIS POINT, BUT THEN AGAIN I GUESS I DON'T USUALLY WATCH OLD TIMEY DRAGON AND KING FICTION EITHER BUT HERE I AM ENJOYING THE CRAP OUT OF THIS SHOW SO I GUESS IT'S TIME TO RE-ASSESS MY FEELINGS ON THIS GENRE AND I SUPPOSE I'LL START BY READING THE GODDAMN BOOKS!!! OK?? OK!!???

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Based on the fact that they killed all of Robert's bastards because they could claim the throne, could Jon Snow claim leadership of Winterfell if he was released of his obligations to the wall?

He'd need to be legitimized first.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if everyone watches the op :Wha:ening credits. . .since it seems to get longer every episode. . .but I quite enjoy that when they show Winterfell it is smoking due to being on fire. Nice touch IMO.

I really want to start liking Jaime. Besides him crippling a little boy in the first episode I've really liked his character development.  Last night when he raped Cersei. . .I almost was ok with it because I hate Cersei so much. I can't wrap my head around how anyone thinks that Tyrion committed the crime. Cersei is just a dumb bitch and needs to shut her whore mouth.

I realize you're referring to fictional characters here, but I don't think I would like you IRL.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if everyone watches the op :Wha:ening credits. . .since it seems to get longer every episode. . .but I quite enjoy that when they show Winterfell it is smoking due to being on fire. Nice touch IMO.

I realize you're referring to fictional characters here, but I don't think I would like you IRL.

I was watching with the gf and we both kind of were taken aback by it (since we both have liked jaime's character progression) but we couldn't help but feel like we didn't care about her character's well being.  That was a weird as eff scene though. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Everything about the rape scene made me want to vomit. I mean, his dead son was right there  :sdeek:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Everything about the rape scene made me want to vomit. I mean, his dead son was right there  :sdeek:

it's almost like that was the point. i bet that scene was portrayed a lot better in the book.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if everyone watches the opening credits. . .since it seems to get longer every episode. . .but I quite enjoy that when they show Winterfell it is smoking due to being on fire. Nice touch IMO.

I was watching with the gf and we both kind of were taken aback by it (since we both have liked jaime's character progression) but we couldn't help but feel like we didn't care about her character's well being.  That was a weird as eff scene though.

We're going to ignore the fact that you said you might be okay with rape because you like one character and hate another and focus on your reliance on sexually demeaning language to articulate your distaste for a powerful female character. From your post, the only thing that I take away is that you hate women.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Must clarify. Not ok with rape.  I'm also not ok with murder.  But, I did enjoy when Arya stabbed that guy in the throat?  :dunno:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Must clarify. Not ok with rape.  I'm also not ok with murder.  But, I did enjoy when Arya stabbed that guy in the throat?  :dunno:

So, we're just going to ignore the abhorrently misogynistic tone of your post then?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Arya has been my favorite character in S4 so far. I enjoyed the hell out of that scene.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

So, we're just going to ignore the abhorrently misogynistic tone of your post then?

I may need clarification.  I don't see that tone in there?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

Arya has been my favorite character in S4 so far. I enjoyed the hell out of that scene.

I'm pumped because spoilers on here mentioned she is going to be a badass.  And that's awesome.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why do you hate women ydarg and view them as merely an inanimate object with a slot for your smelly wiener? geez, grow up.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :popcorn:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
why do you hate women ydarg and view them as merely an inanimate object with a slot for your smelly wiener? geez, grow up.

Clarification: I don't hate women.   :thumbs:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Dumb bitch" and "whore mouth" is pretty extreme language.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
getting back to where in the world are the white walkers, the end of season 2 when they are walking past Sam, that is not the Wall in the distance. that is the Fist of the First Men, where all the men of the night's watch were camping. then there was a great big slaughter that was not depicted in the show, and the aftermath was that there are only ~100 men left to guard the entire Wall. after the battle on the Fist, the white walkers have not been seen

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Clarification: I don't hate women.   :thumbs:

I don't think you respect them either.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
getting back to where in the world are the white walkers, the end of season 2 when they are walking past Sam, that is not the Wall in the distance. that is the Fist of the First Men, where all the men of the night's watch were camping. then there was a great big slaughter that was not depicted in the show, and the aftermath was that there are only ~100 men left to guard the entire Wall. after the battle on the Fist, the white walkers have not been seen

what comes first, winter or dragons? both have been on their way for a minute now

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
"Dumb bitch" and "whore mouth" is pretty extreme language.

I apologize. . .I used that language due to my anger at her accusing Tyrion.  I never should have said those things because they look bad on me and on the board.  It was never my intention to harm this boards glowing reputation.  I put my fate as an up and coming bbs enthusiast in the hands of the powers that be and hope only that they judge me as I deserve.  It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I have offended you Mh.  I hope you can forgive me.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

what comes first, winter or dragons? both have been on their way for a minute now

My guess is winter because dragon fire melts ice?  :dunno:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Cercei/Jamie scene was weird as eff. I really hope they didn't intend it to be that rape-y but it definitely came out that way. It was somewhat accurate to the books (in the sept, dead Joffrey right there) but in the books it happens right when Jamie gets back to KL and Cersei is all they killed our son, you're back, avenge him, kiss me, no not here, oh, ok. I think they where trying to give that impression but the mixed up timeline made it come off as rape.

It really pissed me off since Jamie's character is becoming likable at this point in both the books and the show. This scene in the books makes you realize Jamie loves her more than she does him and you start to feel a little bad for him too. This portrayal makes you feel a little bad for Cersei even though she's well on her way to psychopath town.