Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 258780 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #2550 on: July 04, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
Ben ji I'm not a screenwriter but your protagonist needs to break up a rape circle

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 04, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
Ben ji I'm not a screenwriter but your protagonist needs to break up a rape circle

Duh, thats how we meet his love interest. Local girl of some prominent industrialist/general who is saved from a rape circle by our hero.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »
Needs more fireworks.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 04, 2014, 12:32:33 PM »
And green laser pointers.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 04, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
post the weasel pics.   :drool:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 07, 2014, 12:07:15 AM »
Hey, everyone! Gather round! We're defusing bombs!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 07, 2014, 12:39:48 AM »
I like the ladder barricade.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 07, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Is there betting action on an explosion or safe defusal? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
Guard Rail's got this.  No worries.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 07, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
But short answer: yes; they just let them rot. Under current law, they can renew their detention every 15-45 days indefinitely (depending on the case) without charges.
The answers you gave work for me, what a crazy place Egypt is, wherever you go next will undoubtedly be more boring. The posts in the "Felix rex moves to Costa Rica" thread will be so boring; hey guys this morning I went surfing and saw a crab on the beach :yawn: wake me up when there's a revolution
I'm purple down

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 07, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
I mean, it's been two years and I've seen 4 presidents, 30 odd bombings, more street clashes than I can count, one revolution and a genetically unique weasel that steals your coins and pees in your fiats. And I'm just at the halfway point.

I'm a little worried it's all downhill from here. Or maybe I'm just jaded/spoiled. When the judge in the Al Jazeera case wore aviators every day while a nest of birds was chirping over his head in the courtroom as he sentenced a police officer to 24 hours detention for smoking at the wrong time, I just kind of tittered and moved on. Even now, I sometimes carelessly mention the time the truck with an ostrich pulled out of the prison before the trial and how the guards showed off the paper mâché torture museum.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 07, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »
Hey, everyone! Gather round! We're defusing bombs!
is that light rail?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 07, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
What are the latest rumblings on the caliphate bombing the mystic shrines?  Egyptians pissed?

Any rumblings on Turki Al-Faisal's op-ed?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »
What are the latest rumblings on the caliphate bombing the mystic shrines?  Egyptians pissed?

Any rumblings on Turki Al-Faisal's op-ed?

The Egyptian reaction is pretty unique. First off, they're super duper proud and arrogant about their military. Second, they view themselves as guardians of Islam.  And third, they still consider Egypt as the "Umm al Donia"/"Mother of the Earth" and the rightful regional power (although that sweet Saudi cash is nice, too).

So, they hate ISIS (which they call Daesh) but they have absolutely no fear of them, since Sisi would kick their ass if they tried that crap in the Land of the Quiver.  Also, they blame the U.S., since it's a commonly accepted fact here that the U.S. and its "Greater Middle East" plan systematically destroyed all the strongest armies in the Arab World (starting with Iraq, then moving through Syria and Libya) as part of its end game of balkanizing and subjugating the region via the fomenting of sectarian strife and the U.S. "creation of terrorism" and terrorist groups.

So, they pretty much see everything going according to our sneaky little plan, except they foiled the lynchpin by sniffing out our plot to conspire with the Muslim Brotherhood and Israel to destroy last remaining strong Arab army (Egypt's, of course) and to start settling Palestinians in Sinai and partitioning off Suez and ceding it to Israel (which has already begun via sneaky contracts selling land to Israeli owners and did you know that the two blue bars on the Israeli flag represent the Nile and Euphrates which are the borders Israel ultimately intends to secure in its Zionist expansion?)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 08, 2014, 07:29:06 AM »
The Arab Street is way better than Alex Jones or Art Bell.  If only Al-Jazeera would start a gossipy late-night Arab Street radio program based in Iowa or something....

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »
The Arab Street is way better than Alex Jones or Art Bell.  If only Al-Jazeera would start a gossipy late-night Arab Street radio program based in Iowa or something....

It would honestly be amazing. I can barely imagine the callers they'd get. Did I post the Simpsons conspiracy clip? Because that is pretty much par for the course. Mossad-trained sharks terrorizing tourist resorts, spy herons, terrorist puppets, secret documents proving Obama's MB membership, an MB "sleeper cell" in the White House...these are just news reports from the last two years.  It's when you talk to the older generation that you get the sweet ITK scoop on the wars with Israel and Nasser's secret intelligence unit that analyzed popular jokes about Nasser to prove they were designed and disseminated by American spies.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: July 08, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »
Then again the Daily Caller was duped in to putting forward the sen menendez hooker story fabricated by Cuban intelligence.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: July 08, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Don't forget CIA "spy rocks" dropped near key Iranian Nuke Facilities . . . Or Mossad "spy rocks".

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
Wasn't there an actual British spy rock near a facility in Russia?

I don't care enough to google it. That's what I'm saying with that question.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: July 10, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »
There is an actual thing called Haramadan that some Egyptians do before Ramadan.  "Haram" means "forbidden" in Arabic (and is used in Islam like the opposite of "kosher"*), so it's basically a Muslim mardi gras of booze, bacon, bikinis and bud (there is a surprising amount of casual pot smoking here).

*Could I have just said "the opposite of halal"? I've lost all context of what is and isn't common knowledge, thereby rendering my incapable of toeing the line between pretentiousness and condescension.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: July 10, 2014, 07:57:42 AM »
traffic in cairo is rough ridin' brutal, an american trying to drive in it would make it worse.

what iphone do you have?

BTW, I drive around here like a rough ridin' pro now and have only clipped one pedestrian and one bicycle (I have lost my hubcap twice, but I was able to retrieve it both times).

I can't remember if I've gone into this before (probably have), but driving here is actually pretty fun when you're not stuck in traffic.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: July 10, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »
What's the general feeling about lanes and the lines between them?

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »

one of my favorite memories of this thread is the Egyptian cab driver who was like (paraphrasing) "lines? what lines? oh those? yeah i think the British left them here"

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »

one of my favorite memories of this thread is the Egyptian cab driver who was like (paraphrasing) "lines? what lines? oh those? yeah i think the British left them here"

Yep. Nailed it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »

I wish we did this with presidential candidates.