Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 262289 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #2575 on: July 11, 2014, 09:48:58 AM »
I've never seen a sadder face being showered with rose petals.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:42:17 AM by felix rex »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: July 15, 2014, 05:47:03 AM »
Sys, since I was unable to get a pic of the weasel, here's a list of 8 other adorable animals that live in Egypt:

The Audouin’s Sand Skink resembles a snake but with tiny limbs, which enable it to move below sand surface leaving a beautifully unique track behind it.

This tiny ball of fur is called the Lesser Egyptian Jerboa. The nocturnal creature, referred to by many as the Desert Rat, is found throughout the Middle East and North Africa.

Formally Nile habitants, the Nile Soft-Shelled Turtles (pictured below, harrassing a cat) are now mainly found in Lake Nasser.

The decidedly fashionable Spiny Agama can be spotted across Egypt's Eastern Desert. Fun fact: this breed of lizard gets brighter in colour the hotter it is.

The Fennec Sand Fox populates central and north Sinai, and thanks to its diet of insects, lizards and rodents, can live without drinking almost no water.

This odd-looking fish may look like a crystal sculpture, but it is one of the Red Sea’s most dangerous predators. The Turkeyfish’s feather-like spines have venomous glands that it is not shy to use against intruders.

The bright red Soldier Beetle, found exclusively in South Sinai is said to show off its military stripes as a warning to predators.

The Nubian Nightjar is an expert cammoflage, easily blending with its surroundings in its native Gebel Elba. For some reason, it has whiskers.

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »
That Sand Fox is so cute.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: July 15, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »
that turtle  :sdeek:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: July 15, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »
That cat has one long ass tail

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: July 15, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
I need one of those foxes.  Fattyfest15 item felix?
@mikec2w

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: July 17, 2014, 07:21:49 AM »
One of Egypt's leading newspapers just published on guide on how to quit masterbating (one option includes "placebo pills" and it also warns girls that "violent masterbation can damage the hymen").  Anyway, this is a real thing that happened in real life, and it ran with this super awesome picture:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: July 17, 2014, 07:56:22 AM »
Slow news days.  That is the price paid when living and working in snoozeville, I guess.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: July 17, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
Slow news days.  That is the price paid when living and working in snoozeville, I guess.
Wow, i mean my word.Also god speed felix looks like things are going to get crazy again very soon over there

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: July 17, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
man, that sand skink and that fox.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:09 AM »
I am about to go sit in a meeting with Don King and Al Sharpton to discuss a tourism campaign that involves organizing a boxing match at the pyramids.

WHO MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE NOW, CHUM?!?!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:33:26 AM by felix rex »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: July 20, 2014, 06:10:56 AM »

I am about to go sit in a meeting with Don King and Al Sharpton to discuss a tourism campaign that involves organized a boxing match at the pyramids.

WHO MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE NOW, CHUM!

For real?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: July 20, 2014, 07:32:21 AM »
Damn straight. This is what high stakes international diplomacy looks like, folks.  Once this is squared, it's back to Gaza and then maybe imprisoned journalists and rape circles and the other mundane crap.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: July 22, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »
The Don King press conference is about to start. During the initial meeting with the acting ambassador the other day, an embassy employee of Bangladeshi descent walked in and King duly noted that "they don't make you all walk in the back door anymore."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: July 22, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »
"I want to hold it in the shadows of the Pyramids and it’s going to be called King of the Nile.”

There's just so much to like about all of this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
is this for real? my god, you have to start writing your tv show

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: July 22, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

There was also at least one groping.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
stream this

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:50 PM »

There was also at least one groping.

Did he at least stick to local custom and get his guys to form a circle around the gropee first, or is this like Casual Tuesday or something?

With Mubarak gone, you guys had to go find someone worse to support?   Don's Canadian friend allegedly pistol whipped a man to death in Don's Canadian friend's office back in the '70's. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: July 24, 2014, 06:49:50 AM »
yeah. that was a pretty lol moment. Even the foreign ministry was kind of like "errr that was a bit of a eff up."  We had a sort of similar instance on his last visit, when Egyptian security insisted on removing all 150 or so reporters from the venue and re-sweeping them themselves, leading to a near riot.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 26, 2014, 11:26:40 PM »
So felix, whats your opinion of the show "Tyrant" on FX?

I just binge watched the first 4 episodes and it seems to reduce the entire middle east into one country(Syrian Civil War/Uday Hussien/Arab Spring/Muslim Brotherhood/Saudi Royal family etc).

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 27, 2014, 03:31:38 AM »
I had not even heard of it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 27, 2014, 04:02:56 AM »

“If they was happy with their tourism, you wouldn’t have no skinny camels walkin’ ’round here”

“Ana Masry! Ana Masry!” King shouts, as, long gone midnight, we stroll in the ancient streets of Cairo, trailed by bemused children and puzzled adults...“I am an Egyptian!” King translates loudly, for himself and the caravan of waist-high fans who follow him from one bazaar to the next. “Sisi! I love Sisi!” he bellows...

...During the interview, I sit with a translator tasked to convert King’s ramblings into Arabic for transmission the following day. “What is he saying?” she says repeatedly. “What was that? I don’t get any of this.”

“I’m here to fight for peace,” he says. King mentions the legacy of Anwar Sadat, Jimmy Carter and the 1978 Peace Accord...But Sisi is the voice of the people. He can make this happen. I want to do something that has never been done before.”

What a blessing.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 27, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »
Tell us more about Al!!!!

Gonna win 'em all!